Tokyo Dining Vs. Teppan Edo ??

alyn

Earning My Ears
Which of the two would be more family friendly? I LOVE sushi but the rest of the family not so much, however I know they would enjoy Tempura and the grilled meats. Does either one of these restaurants have those tables that are right at the grill while the chef is cooking? Sorry I can't think of the proper name for that style of cooking/dining.

Teppan Edo has the teppanyaki style dining around the central grill that you are referring to. This would be the more family friendly place to go. Tokyo dining is a quieter, more 'adult' or sophisticated atmosphere with a menu that emphasizes sushi and tempura.

I think Teppan Edo has a more fun and relaxed atmosphere that is good for a large group or family, especially with kids. You do sit a table with a grill built into it so you can watch the show of your food being prepared. That being said, we did not enjoy the meal we had there. We have 2 or 3 very good teppanyaki-style (or what some call hibachi-style) Japanese restaurants near our home, so we were used to a certain standard that Teppan Edo just didn't meet for us. The portions were much smaller and the quality of beef (filet mignon) was fair at best. We also did not like the sauces as much as we like the sauces back home. We are going to try eating at Nine Dragons in China next trip :)

We have been to both and we enjoy both. Tokoyo Dining is definitely quieter and more adult.
Teppan Edo is definitely better for a family with children. We love it and go each trip. Adult DS requests it for his birthday dinner.
You sit at a table which surrounds the grill. They seat 8, so if your party is less than 8 you will be seated with others. The chefs put on a show as they prepare the food. The food is delicious and just the right quantity.
It is authentic Japanese, so they do not serve Fried Rice, they serve white rice. This upsets many people who are accustomed to Fried Rice in their restaurants at home. Fried Rice is a Chinese dish.
Good Luck

We enjoyed Tokyo dining when we were there in May with our 4 and 6 yr olds. They were great with the kids. The kid's meals come in a bento box shaped like a monorail car (very cute!). We didn't eat at Tappan Edo, so I can't comment on which is more family friendly, but we felt totally comfortable and welcome at Tokyo Dining.

When we ate at Teppan Edo in 2009, we loved watching the chefs cook on the hibachi grill. We also ordered sushi from the sushi bar and they brought it to our table. So you can get the best of both worlds. The chefs even used the veggies to play tic-tac-toe with our kids.
The other family at our table was from Sweden, so we enjoyed hearing about their country and their take on Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter