Tokyo Dining sushi rolls on the DDP

Jetta8300

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of adding the regular dining plan to my package, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the sushi at Tokyo Dining.

Normally sushi rolls are relatively small, and a meal consists of more than one roll for dinner per person. But would one of these rolls count as your whole meal? Does anyone know how this works there? If you only get one roll for the dining plan then it probably wouldn't be worth going. But mmmmm I love sushi and I would love to try some in Disney!!! Thanks!!!

I wish I could remember. We ate lunch there and there is a specification of the sushi roll/plan. Could not find anything online other than "All a la carte sushi (i.e. the $6 two piece sushi rolls) is not included on the Dining Plan."
What I am remembering from Feb was that sushi counted towards the entree on the DLX Dining Plan. This may be wrong, so please verify, but doing a few googles I could not. Maybe call WDW and ask?:confused3

(BTW - it was a great meal with large portions and a nice, quiet respite. We will go back there again. :) )

When we went earlier this month as far as sushi went, you could have too options. One was called sushi combination I think the other maybe sushi deluxe or something of that sort. One had more than the other, I got the sushi combo (smaller) and I think it came with 12 or 9 rolls/sashimi (I found it very filling). You cannot get any other sushi on the dining plan though, everything else would be out of pocket. All the sushi/sashimi in the combination and other choice are basic items like salmon rolls, california, tuna, eel etc.
I hope this helps, others might know more though.

When we went earlier this month as far as sushi went, you could have too options. One was called sushi combination I think the other maybe sushi deluxe or something of that sort. One had more than the other, I got the sushi combo (smaller) and I think it came with 12 or 9 rolls/sashimi (I found it very filling). You cannot get any other sushi on the dining plan though, everything else would be out of pocket. All the sushi/sashimi in the combination and other choice are basic items like salmon rolls, california, tuna, eel etc.
I hope this helps, others might know more though.

That response helps a lot! So there may be one or two "sushi meals" to choose from, but you can't choose liike 2 rolls you want (a la carte) so it seems. thanks for the response! :flower3:

Yes, there are two combination plates on the sushi menu that can be ordered on the DDP as an entree. We've ordered these and had a nice meal. They are both a good assortment for the casual sushi eater, maybe too tame for a real sushi lover.

A few of the tempura combination meals from the regular menu have a sushi component, but just a few pieces as listed in the menu description and you can't choose.

There are two menus here. That sometimes confuses people who are reading these boards but haven't been here yet. You will be handed both when you sit down.

We just paid out of pocket for this one. The kids really wanted sushi. We got a few rolls, then snacked around the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter