• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toilets & other questions

Trilli-magic

Mouseketeer
Hey again!!

After a convo. with DH last night about our 3yo I wanted to ask about the Toilets in the parks. Are there many toilets about? DD was potty trained last summer but DH wants to put her in pullup's during the day while we are in the parks. I would prefer not to but might have to if we have to run about all over the place to find one!! lol

Also another question (I swear I am almost finished bugging you all with my questions!! lol) :rotfl:
Where is the best place to watch the parade from?

Thanks again :flower3:

there are toilets around the place. the trick is to locate them. i am starting to potty train my dd and i think i will put her in pull ups as if she really really needs to go then it is possible she would wet herself before you got to one.

There are plenty of toilets around - perhaps it would be a good idea to try to memorise where they are on the map. If it's busy in the park the ladies' toilets (of course!) can be busy, but at least she can always go in with your husband. We had pretty much the same issue last year and didn't have a problem.

You could not only mark them on the map (and memorise them!), or make separate lists of the locations for a quick 'at a glance' situation, but maybe just go to the toilet when you pass one, that way there's less chance of a toilet dash later?
Are you going for a long time or just a couple of days? If going for more than a couple I'd say try it without pullups, as putting them on could be a step back. You've got to do it sometime with falling back on them and last summer is a while ago.
Will you have a buggy (storage space underneath)? Maybe just stock up on baby wipes, clean knickers/socks etc..and take a pullup with you in case you really need one.
Sorry that's not more help! (long time since mine were that age!). Obviously only you know what your DD is like and how she is with going to the bathroom and 'accidents'.
Hope you have a lovely time whatever you decide!

There are plenty of toilet places in the park, i potty trained DD 1 month before we went DLP and she only wore pull ups at bed time, we only had 1 accident (she was ill). I think if you put them back in pull ups it will make them go backwards.

My advice is plenty of toilet breaks.

Ditto what the others said about there being toilets around the place... and I also agree with monno2 about making toilet stops. That's what we did. DS was potty trained about 3 mths before we went in Dec and I was worried about it. But we had toilet stops every hour or 1.5 hrs, whether or not they needed one lol, esp if you know that there might be a queue for a particular ride.

As you have potty-trained her last summer, I wouldn't put her back in pull-ups.

Our DS was 3 when we first went and we had no problems with him. We took him as we passed a toilet and also took a travel potty in our bag but did not need it. We love watching the parade from the tiered stone benches by the side of the castle. We get there early with a drink and snack to ensure good seats. :)

I would say just go with pants but go to the toilet often.

I'm not sure if the toilets in DLP are automatic flushing or not, they are in WDW and my DD was terrified of them. A tip is if they are take post it notes with you and put over the sensor. This means they cannot flush while the little ones are sitting on them. My DD still asks now when we go in public toilets if they flush by themselves, she hated them that much.

Thanks everyone,
I know she will handle it, will just have to make a point of stopping when we see a toilet and making note of where they are!
DH was adamant last night that she wear pull up's I think he doesn't want her to grow up!!

Mine are 14 and 9, soon to be 15 and 10 and I still ask if anyone needs the loo when we're passing one or before we join a queue. :rolleyes1

Mine are 14 and 9, soon to be 15 and 10 and I still ask if anyone needs the loo when we're passing one or before we join a queue. :rolleyes1

LOL! :laughing: Glad I'm not the only one!! DD is 8 but still needs to be asked frequently as she has a tendency to leave it til the last minute so she doesn't miss out on anything! DS11 goes when he wants!

lol. Yeah, the toilet stops are more for the grown-ups really (in my case lol) :rolleyes1

I've got to admit I'm forever asking my hubby the same question :lmao: We toilet trained our dd a few months ago and I bought her some 'tots bots' for when we're out and about as I didn't want to use pull ups and they resemble real knickers iykwim, anyhow they are a pretty good alternative to pull ups as they would catch one accident so these could be an option ? dd has not had any accidents in hers yet which is just fab :goodvibes

Re the parade-our fav spot is at the beginning, which is usually infront of Its A Small World (check with a CM when you are there). It never seems to be as crowded and once the floats have gone past you can dash off to get on some rides while the park is quieter! They actually rope off an area at the beginning for 'special' guests, which suggests it's a good spot to be! :thumbsup2

We took our DD in December and just made regular toilet stops. She had one accident in Plaza Gardens because the queue was long and no-one would let her go ahead even though she's only 3, there are some rude people there! We took a collapsible travel potty with us for emergency use, but it was under the buggy which was outside the restaurant :sad1: I wouldn't puit her back in pull-ups, just take a change of clothes (we took pants, socks and leggings) with you. If you're staying onsite, you can always pop back to the hotel to grab more/drop off wet clothes.

Tillybud - not heard of tots bots they sound good.

Diane - Thanks for the tip I was wondering if it was better at the start :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter