Toiletries at resorts?

savage1

Pirate Princess
I remember getting shampoos and soap years ago at the moderates. Is this still the case? Wondering what to pack or what I will need for the kids for a week...

Searched for an answer but could not find one

I know you get shampoo and soaps, the soaps are too cute!

Although I have never been to CSR I saw pictures of them providing, soaps, shampoos, body wash, lotion, and even tooth brushes. Do not take my word for it, but I did see pictures on the DIS....

At all the mods except CSR you get face soap, bath soap, and combination shampoo and conditioner. At CSR you get separate shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, and the same face and bath soap. Unless you are club level then you also get body gel and tooth brush and bath robe.

I save the leftover stuff (since I often go solo, I have more than enough) and make up a little gift basket for my niece every year. She loves the soaps.

You can use the soaps they have, its a pretty good size plus theyre cute. Whatever you use (even daily), mousekeeping will replenish. So dont worry about that. But honestly, I would bring your own shampoo/conditioner. Theirs is a combo in one bottle, i like to have a separate conditioner for my hair. If you have a family of 4, you would need to ask for 2-4 bottles each day. I think its much easier if you just bring your own. Plus their shampoo doesnt smell very good. Lol.

I save the leftover stuff (since I often go solo, I have more than enough) and make up a little gift basket for my niece every year. She loves the soaps.>>> what a great idea!!

I know you get shampoo and soaps, the soaps are too cute!

Although I have never been to CSR I saw pictures of them providing, soaps, shampoos, body wash, lotion, and even tooth brushes. Do not take my word for it, but I did see pictures on the DIS....

CSR has different stuff than the rest of the moderates. Apparently CSR is the only moderate that has Delux level shampoos/soaps etc. The rest of the mods (and values) get the mickey soap & shampoo. They do this because CSR is used for conferences constantly. I have never seen toothbrushes provided at the value/mod level, just so you know. Its only bath soap, hand soap, and shampoo/conditioner combo.

I took my own stuff and then each day, removed the soaps & shampoos so that they were replaced :eek: naughty me :eek: I brought them all home and have them as souveniers in my bathrooms :p

I took my own stuff and then each day, removed the soaps & shampoos so that they were replaced :eek: naughty me :eek: I brought them all home and have them as souveniers in my bathrooms :p

:rolleyes1 I may do this :rolleyes1

Well I actually put the conditioner into a better bottle that I can actually use. I can never get it out of there, lol!!

Hahahaha! Glad to see we're not the only ones that do this! :rolleyes1

:rolleyes1 I may do this :rolleyes1

Well I actually put the conditioner into a better bottle that I can actually use. I can never get it out of there, lol!!

That is too funny - we are always wondering why Disney can't design a conditioner bottle that you can actually get conditioner out of!

CSR has different stuff than the rest of the moderates. Apparently CSR is the only moderate that has Delux level shampoos/soaps etc. The rest of the mods (and values) get the mickey soap & shampoo. They do this because CSR is used for conferences constantly. I have never seen toothbrushes provided at the value/mod level, just so you know. Its only bath soap, hand soap, and shampoo/conditioner combo.

At CSR, Cabanas 9B is considered club rooms, if a convention pays for it. However, if conventioneers are not using it, they place other guests there. We've been in that building three times and each time have gotten body lotion, a toothbrush, and a small tube of toothpaste and a white robe, along with bars of soap, shampoo, and separate conditioner . When we've been in the other buildings, we've just gotten the smaller bars of hand soap, bigger bars of bath soap, then a bottle of H2O shampoo, and a separate bottle of H2O conditioner.

At this time of year we make up gift parcels for kids in other countries who otherwise may not get a christmas present-I "reallocate" the stuff to myself to put in the gift parcels (Though what a child in the middle of Africa or Eastern Europe makes of Mickey Mouse soap is anyones guess!:confused3)

I know many people don't like to travel with toiletries due to tsa restrictions and would rather rely on whats in the room. But if your picky about what you use I would bring your own. Personally for me Disney shampoo is too drying and the conditioner isn't moisturizing enough. I have wavy curly hair and don't like how it leaves my hair, I find it over dries my scalp. The soaps I can't speak beyond hand washing the body wash is ok. I can be laughed at here but I do not like the new lotion ok I'll admit it I liked the thick lotion from the black white and red bottles of way back when. But then again I use stuff like Nivea so I like heavy lotions and I tend to go in the winter when the air is dryer if I was there in the summer maybe I wouldn't like the thick stuff. As for toothpaste and toothbrush I bring my sonicare and I'm big on my dental so I bring my own supplies. I'm not knocking Disney stuff just suggesting if your like me and you like specific stuff bring it. You don't want to get the the resort and feel like you have to go buy stuff because if you don't' have a car the resort lobbies have supplies but they are way overpriced. If nothing else bring some conditioner.

At this time of year we make up gift parcels for kids in other countries who otherwise may not get a christmas present-I "reallocate" the stuff to myself to put in the gift parcels (Though what a child in the middle of Africa or Eastern Europe makes of Mickey Mouse soap is anyones guess!:confused3)

We also give the extra soap we have to operation christmas child shoeboxes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter