• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toiletries at BWV on the wall or individual tubes?

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
Has anyone made a list of the different DVC resorts, stating which have toiletries on the wall, and which still give individual tubes?
That sure would be a handy list, for interested parties.
Anyone who has recently stayed at BWV, which did they have there?
And do you get body lotion anywhere other than GFV?

We were at Bwv the first week of May and they were individual items To include body lotion.

we were also at HHI and they are mounted on the shower wall. A separate tube of lotion and a bar soap.

We were at CCV a couple weeks ago. Tubes of everything including lotions.

Stayed at the Riviera and body wash, shampoo, and conditioner were all in dispensers on the wall. Lotion and bar soap were on the counter

We were at BWV a couple of weeks ago. Our room had them on the wall and they left one of each: shampoo, cream rinse and body lotion tube along with a bar of soap. Thought that was strange

We were at BWV a couple of weeks ago. Our room had them on the wall and they left one of each: shampoo, cream rinse and body lotion tube along with a bar of soap. Thought that was strange

That’s extremely strange since I was there 2 weeks ago and both rooms had only all the (wonderful) tubes.

What I WASN’T thrilled about was my room had a new sensor thermostat..... hate those with the cold air blowing all the time) while my daughter across the hall had the good old fashioned ones where u adjust however u want.
But happy to have the little tubes.

I
That’s extremely strange since I was there 2 weeks ago and both rooms had only all the (wonderful) tubes.

What I WASN’T thrilled about was my room had a new sensor thermostat..... hate those with the cold air blowing all the time) while my daughter across the hall had the good old fashioned ones where u adjust however u want.
I wish I took pictures. Ironically, we bring our own so we never use them. I also didn't recall having a rope to hang things in the shower but found it very useful.

My apologies. We stayed at BWV and AKV and my husband said it was AKV that had both the wall pumps and left the tubes. I thought it was the boardwalk.

While my sister & I bring our own shampoo, conditioner & body wash when traveling, my mom uses what's provided at the resort which I never had a 2nd thought about UNTIL our stay at BWV this March. My mom said the conditioner tube she was using wasn't conditioning. So I squeezed some out & it was NOT conditioner. Someone had refilled both the conditioner & body wash with other substances. GROSSSSSS! I threw those away & checked everything else in the room before letting my mom use it. Previously I hadn't had an opinion on the individual tubes of product vs the wall mounted stuff, but NOW I say I prefer the wall mounted since they're locked up (or at least that's what I remember being pictured when Disney started making the conversion) & people can't mess with it. WHY though? Why would someone do something so disgusting? #ihatepeople

I don’t mind the shower mounted but they’re not maintained properly.

We stayed in a OKW 1br Dec ‘19. The shampoo bottle was empty, the body wash pump was broken, and the broken pump revealed the assembly was full of black mold. Really sucked because I jumped in the shower after flying in and it was nasty to find out you can’t rely on this stuff after already getting fully wet. $700/night... maybe you wanna step up your game.

More recently we stayed Poly/BC and they had the individual stocked again.

Has anyone made a list of the different DVC resorts, stating which have toiletries on the wall, and which still give individual tubes?
That sure would be a handy list, for interested parties.
Anyone who has recently stayed at BWV, which did they have there?
And do you get body lotion anywhere other than GFV?
stayed at BWV a few days ago, individual bigger size tubes, and yes, body lotion!

I don’t mind the shower mounted but they’re not maintained properly.

We stayed in a OKW 1br Dec ‘19. The shampoo bottle was empty, the body wash pump was broken, and the broken pump revealed the assembly was full of black mold. Really sucked because I jumped in the shower after flying in and it was nasty to find out you can’t rely on this stuff after already getting fully wet. $700/night... maybe you wanna step up your game.

More recently we stayed Poly/BC and they had the individual stocked again.
agree, those mounted wall pumps are so gross!

BCV first week of May all individual bottles.

Since they are individual bottles and it's not daily mousekeeping but garbage and security, do they replace the individual bottles daily? Every other day? I use those while there and then I buy bottles in the gift shops to bring home and use when I need that nice little Disney reminder (the smell immediately takes me to Disney with the Sea Salt body wash LOL ) There will be 2 adults and 2 kids in our 1 BR and I expect we will use it daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter