Toddler Liteweight Stroller

AKL_Megs

DIS Veteran
How often, OUTSIDE of WDW, does your toddler use his/her stroller?

We have a bulky Chicco Cortina that we got when DD was an infant, but now as she is a toddler and doesn't need it for comfort or to sleep, it's extremely bulky not only in the trunk of the car, but going through doorways, while shopping, etc.

Thinking of getting one of those "fancier" umbrella strollers (Chicco Liteway), but at nearly $150, I'm worried we won't use it long enough to make it worth spending the money. Your thoughts?

If you don't want to spend the money on a stroller and you only want to use it at disney then you could always rent a stroller from an offsite place to use while you are at disney...Orlando Strollers and Apple strollers are 2 places that rent strollers and deliver them to your hotel..

There is also Magic Strollers (owned by the Owner's Locker owners),they have great prices, geat service. We've reserved a double for our twin grandsons for an upcoming trip and the price was fantastic...I know the service will be good because we also have owners lockers.:goodvibes
http://www.magicstrollers.com/

My son is 16mo and I got the Uppababy G-Luxe at the end of November. It's come in handy for vacations, but also shopping, quick day trips or visits when I don't feel like dealing the large, full size stroller. I feel like we'll get good use of it. He naps in the afternoon so I still wanted a reclining stroller, otherwise I would have gone with the G-Lite (less expensive).

Now they came out with a new version of the G-Luxe, I like a couple of the new features but don't feel like replacing this one so soon. Oh well.

I second the uppababy g-luxe. I bought one when my son was about 20 months for our Disney trip. It's really lightweight, fairly compact and it stands on its own when folded which can be helpful.

We had the Chicco liteway and loved it. So easy to handle and fold. Our dd is very tall (97th percentile) so we just had to get a new Disney stroller. Look around for the liteway though cuz you can get it for around $100 or just under.

I loved my Peg Perego Aria, but I don't think they make them anymore.

As for how often you use a stroller outside of WDW, it really depends on where you live. I live in an area where I can walk to the grocery store, library, Dunkin Donuts, the dry cleaners, CVS, bank, etc. Since I could be walking a mile or more to get to these places and then walking back home, I used a stroller until my kids were about 3-ish, maybe even 4.

If I lived in the suburbs and had to drive everywhere, I think I would have been done with a stroller around 2-ish.

I have a 4.5 year old and a 19 soon to be 20 month old. We have multiple strollers. We have a jogging stroller (that I plan to sell, probably this summer), a cheap umbrella stroller (with no storage) and a Graco Quattro Tour Duo (double stroller). We recently sold our single Graco Quattro Tour which was a travel system. It was heavy and took up too much space. I sold it for enough to cover the cost of a Baby Jogger City Micro from Target (they clearanced the in-store ones out). It's very similar to a Baby Jogger City Mini. It's light and takes up much less space. I use my stroller frequently with my toddler because she is not a fast walker and it's easier when we go places like the mall or have to get somewhere quick. Plus it keeps her contained. We only use our double when we travel and will be doing a lot of walking because my son gets tired.

Thanks, everyone! I have a jogging stroller I use around the neighborhood, but it doesn't fit in my car. I need something for trips to the mall, the zoo, etc. that isn't so bulky! I might go ahead and buy it! Thanks!

I have the cortina and the lightway and love both. I highly recommend the lightway and plan to use it on our trip this fall for our DS3. It has a full recline and glides well. I find it great for shopping and errand running instead of the cortina.

I have a 22 month old and I bought a McClaren Quest for our last Disney trip and have retired our heave full size stroller for good. It is small enough to fit in the back of the car and is light and easy to carry with a carry strap. DD loves it and it still reclines a bit for naps. We use is on a regular basis at the mall and my older kids sporting events. We will also be taking it to Disney in June and since it has a high weight limit, it will last for a long time.

How often, OUTSIDE of WDW, does your toddler use his/her stroller?

We have a bulky Chicco Cortina that we got when DD was an infant, but now as she is a toddler and doesn't need it for comfort or to sleep, it's extremely bulky not only in the trunk of the car, but going through doorways, while shopping, etc.

Thinking of getting one of those "fancier" umbrella strollers (Chicco Liteway), but at nearly $150, I'm worried we won't use it long enough to make it worth spending the money. Your thoughts?

Seldom, honestly. She's not quite 3 and we use the stroller for long days at the zoo or the mall but we have not seen the value in anything more than a $20 basic stroller since she outgrew the big one she had since birth.

Our main stroller is an Uppababy Vista. We also have a regular umbrella stroller.

We wanted something kind of in the middle for our WDW trips.
We bought a compact stoller from Babies R Us. I think it was called Trendsport. It was a no frills stroller, but it reclines, has a decent basket, was light weight and folds easily.

I believe it was about $50, but we had come coupons and wound up paying a little more than $30.

DD seems to be comfy in it and it served us well on our last 2 trips.

I have a 4.5 year old and a 19 soon to be 20 month old. We have multiple strollers. We have a jogging stroller (that I plan to sell, probably this summer), a cheap umbrella stroller (with no storage) and a Graco Quattro Tour Duo (double stroller). We recently sold our single Graco Quattro Tour which was a travel system. It was heavy and took up too much space. I sold it for enough to cover the cost of a Baby Jogger City Micro from Target (they clearanced the in-store ones out). It's very similar to a Baby Jogger City Mini. It's light and takes up much less space. I use my stroller frequently with my toddler because she is not a fast walker and it's easier when we go places like the mall or have to get somewhere quick. Plus it keeps her contained. We only use our double when we travel and will be doing a lot of walking because my son gets tired.

We are in the same boat. 2 boys, 14 mos and 4 years. We have 2 cheap umbrellas, our big graco system, and a graco double. I hate the double and will only use it if dh is with me. So big and bulky. When I mentioned I wanted new strollers for our WDW trip, he looked at me like I was crazy. But I think it's too much walking for the 4 year old and I want something lightweight that reclines for the toddler. Lol!!

I just bought a First Years stroller. I think it's the Ignite. Had great reviews and was only $40 after coupons and using my 5% off Target debit card. I have just used it taking him on walks so far but I love it. Heavier duty than an umbrella, has a canopy, has storage and reclines. Looking forward to taking it on our Disney trip in July.

Almost never. She's not quite 3 and I have to buy a new stroller for a Disney trip in two months, which makes me crazy because it will get very little use. :sigh:

We're going to swap our $20 umbrella for one of the $50-$60 models with longer handles.

We had a lightweight Combi travel stroller for our older son - it was terrific and so easy to fold and carry. It reclined at least some and had small basket. We used it again for our younger son until our oldest leaned too hard on the snack tray and broke it. We bought a Maclaren Volo then - another good lightweight stroller. It didn't recline and again had a small basket, but that's all we needed. Very easy to fold and carry on the buses. It took several Disney trips before we retired it a couple of years ago.

If you are just wanting something light weight for your vacation then World Of Disney at The Marketplace sell just this - they have been on the go for some years now, I have bought 3 over the years, they are red and black (the colours have never changed over the years) and they are $40. They are fabulous, very light and easily transportable!

I have an orange Kolcraft Contours stroller and it is perfect for the parks. Folds up nicely, easy to push, turns on a dime, has great storage underneath, snack tray and cup holder for little one (removable), cup holder for you too! Bright so it sticks out from most others in the lineup. Only cost around $65 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter