Toddler Dining Options

Lucille1963

DIS Veteran
We are considering taking our toddler on our very first cruise.

How does dining work? Will he only be able to order off a kiddie menu or could he get a small portion of adult entrees?

He has never tried chicken fingers, french fries or and he is allergic to tomatoes (so no marinara). He loves chicken, salmon, shrimp, sushi (cooked and veggie only, of course), veggies and cheese (the stinkier the better!)

In order to save time at home I prepare one meal for everyone and he is quite happy with our adult food.

I know I could just feed him off my plate, but this kid is a huge eater!

Any experiences would be great to hear!

TIA

You can certainly order his meals off of the adult menus; though they likely won't "scale them" down for him; you will just leave extra food uneaten. There will be a millions options at the breakfast & lunch buffets and those will be easiest - a little bit of this; a little bit of that.

good luck!

You will have no problem ordering something from the adult menu for your DS.

Any one of any age can order off any menu. That means that if mom wants chicken noodle soup and a mickey bar, she can have it! And if your toddler wants escargot, he'll get it!

We have a 3 yr old DD, and we ordered her things off of both menus. You will not have any problems getting your child food. The coolest thing to us, when our waiter would bring out the food, he would cuts hers up for her every night. What a way to give mom and dad a break.:dance3:

Well I don't think our server (4 night) really understood our kids REALLY wanted escargot and shrimp for appetizers. It took a few nights before we were INSISTANT that is what they wanted and then they got it. My kids would prefer to order off the adult menu in a restaurant but I will not let them do it because of price. That is one of the BIG things for my 10 year old with going on this cruise, that she can order anything she wants. I am sure you can get your son anything he wants as long as you are clear with your server.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter