• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Today we won a $500 Main St. shopping spree!!!

What a great story! Congratulations!!

Just curious, did you win the prize because of the car you rode in BTMRR, or was it because the time you exited the ride?

Just curious, did you win the prize because of the car you rode in BTMRR, or was it because the time you exited the ride?
I was in the right seat, in the right car, at the right time on BTMRR. They approached me on the unloading dock as I got off the ride.

This is so awesome, congratulations. We’re headed to WDW for our 1st family trip….your story proves this is truly a place where dreams come true.

.....that so ROCKS...!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: What a cool experience....SHOPPING with someone else's money.....:thumbsup2 ....now THAT's a real dream......

Congrats! That is so cool shopping on Main street. Sounds like the money went pretty far. How awesome was that CM with your son about the pin and what a great son you have that would buy something with his share for his brother! Thanks for sharing ,I love hearing about dreams being awarded!

What a great story!!! :wizard: Thanks for posting the pictures too!!

ETA: According to the rules only 130 of these shopping sprees will be awarded!! Lucky you!!! :teeth:

That's the best prize I've heard of. I'd rather have that than a trip, and for sure more than a night in the castle. :yay: 4u.

I disagree- this is an amazing prize, but I can't imagine having a few suvineers over a night in the castle!! Or another trip!! But hey, here's crossing my fingers that you win that one and I get the castle and we're both doing the Disney Dance!!! :dancer: :dancer:

I disagree- this is an amazing prize, but I can't imagine having a few suvineers over a night in the castle!! Or another trip!!
We actually talked about this amongst ourselves. Technically the shopping spree is a "rarer" prize than the castle stay (130 given vs. 307). We would have been tickled with a night in the castle, but we agreed that we'd prefer the shopping because we can enjoy the things we picked out for years to come. We'll be reminded of our "dream" every time we sit down and eat at our house on the plates we picked out! However, our #1 wish would have been the DVC points!

We'll be reminded of our "dream" every time we sit down and eat at our house on the plates we picked out! However, our #1 wish would have been the DVC points!

Ooooh...mine too! Fingers crossed for September!! ;) :wizard:

Thanks so much for posting your story & photos! What a great time you must have had! Congrats!!

That was great!!! congratulations!!!! My wife and I won twice last year when we down there in October. We were given a lanyard with the year of prizea oin while we were on a ride (Star Wars). Then later that week I was helping a Japanese family find their way around Epcot and a Disney cast supervisor came over and thaked me for my help. He gave me a number of Tinkerbell pins and allowed my wife and I to enjoy the fireworks down a landind on the path leading over the bridge to the French pavillion.. It was wonderful seeing the show down that close!!:cool1:

For any DW cast members reading this- you have no idea how lucky you are living and working at Disney World!!!!:thumbsup2

Sounds like a really nice family won a really nice prize! Congrats to you and your family! How wonderful. And what a sweet little boy you have!!!:thumbsup2

That's amazing! Your son is so sweet to think of his brother. The night in the castle would be my first choice though. I'd just take TONS of pictures to make it last forever. Congrats!

Hey Geoff,

I was sitting behind you on BTMR!!!!! My friends got in the wrong row and I told him to move down one. We saw the dream team pull you aside. I whispered to a cm if it was the Castle (I would have yanked you out of the seat-:rotfl2: ) and he said no. I have been dying to find out the prize.

I am really glad it went to a diser, congrats it sounded like fun!!!!! :banana:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!

I just wish they don't run out of wishes by the time WE get there in OCT/NOV.....

...and they save at least one for US in particular ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter