Today Was Our 60 Day FP+ Day - Results

NJ Goofy

DVC Member - SSR & BWV
As you can tell by my title, today was our 60 day FP+ for a 7 day trip the first week of May. I was able to get every FP I wanted (allowing for Tier restrictions) without any issues. I scheduled AK & HS the last 4 days of the trip and was able to get FOP (twice), SDD, MMRR, TSM and 7DMT. All of the times were before 1:00 PM and each FP was within 75 minutes of the next one. Still not sure what our plan will be to address the giant crowds at HS in the AM. We may go, try to get a BP, use our FP's and then head over to EPCOT or return to BWV for some pool time. Then head back to HS when our boarding group (hopefully) is called.

Good news. Thanks for the post. My 60+ is coming up in a few weeks! We have two different days planned to tackle HS, going in with the mentality of if we get ROTR great, if not we'll try on our next trip.

Today was mine too! We are back to back starting before 11 each day (except arrival day) and the only later ones we have that we would prefer to have earlier are FoP on our 2nd day, and sadly a 4:30pm show for FoTLK....we think we can squeeze that in earlier :) Slinky Dog would be great to get earlier on our arrival day, but our first 2 days are the only REAL late ones.....hopefully we can do it! Others are all done around 2pm.....yay! Now what to obsess over?

Congrats I have found to troubles getting FoP if you schedule it for day 4 or later.
This is generally true but was not true for trips in late December 2019 or most of Feb 2020; both times that was more like 60+5 to 60+7 depending on the day

This is generally true but was not true for trips in late December 2019 or most of Feb 2020; both times that was more like 60+5 to 60+7 depending on the day
well then early May seems good for us then, as I got FoP on day 2! (though at a lame time haha)

Congrats.......I always seem to get what I want.
Tomorrow is my 60 day and I am most worried about MMRR
With 3 Tier 1 Attractions, most days there has been *some* availability for at least 1 Tier 1 ride at 60 days, especially as we've gotten into late April / Early May when the crowd levels should calm down from the insanity we're likely to see in March/April.

We got MMRR on 60+4, there were several fairly early times to choose from. I think because it is a Tier 1 attraction, there will be some availability.

My day was Saturday, for arrival 4/29 (late at night), with park days of 4/30, 5/1, 5/2, and a few hours of 5/3 before we drive home.

We were hoping for HS on 4/30 and 5/1, with MMRR both HS days. 4/30 had no MMRR at all and 5/1 only had it at about 6:30 PM, so decided to shift HS to 5/2 and 5/3 and got MMRR for both days. Mid afternoon on 5/2, early afternoon on 5/3. Also got ToT and TSM for both of these days.

We got FoP as an early evening FP on our first park day, 4/30 (so 60+1), which works for us, since we'll do Epcot that morning and early afternoon and then hop to AK. We are able to manage Epcot without FP when we rope drop, so no big deal to have our FP for AK in the afternoon.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with what we ended up with. Now just hope we can get RotR boarding groups that are low enough that we don't have to stay at HS all day long. Hoping to be out of there by mid/late afternoon on Saturday and will have a hard departure time of about 2 on Sunday.

My 60+ day was the other day and I had no issues getting eveything I wanted. Hassle free. Runaway Railway, Flight of Passage, River Journey, Smugglers...perfect! Can't wait.

Now let's just hope the parks don't get closed between now and then due to the virus...

Congrats! We managed to get FOP on day 3, but for 3:30pm which is later than I wanted. No issue with Smugglers Run or Runaway Railway. Surprisingly, we had to take a later afternoon Mine Train FP+ on day 2 as well.

I’m totally jelly of those who can go in early May. I remember the reports from early May last year-definitely a lower crowd time. Your FP success suggests it should also be low crowd this year.
Fingers crossed! I’m going in mid-May, and a big part of the timing was that there was good availability at the WDW resorts. I was looking for Jan and Feb, thinking they’d be good times to go, but there really wasn’t anything other than expensive deluxe rooms. The crowd reports from last few weeks seem to show that Feb is now prime season, and not just for Presidents’ Day. I’m hoping there will be some elbow room come May.

I’m not sure you’re going to want to leave DHS if you get a boarding pass. I think you have a 2 hour window but without knowing an approximate time it may be risky to leave.

With so many people becoming more worried about travel since the virus hit stateside, there's a good likelihood WDW starts a downward trend in attendance for the first time in 5 years. Early May was already one of the least congested times, it may be moreso in 2020. I guess there's a brightside to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter