• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Today Show Summer Concets Serives ... Anyone been?

swanmom

<font color=purple>Victoria and Alberts - Hands Do
My DD wants to go see Maroon 5 at the Today Show summer concert series on July 2nd. Does anyone who has been through this have any suggestions? when to arrive? places that are better to stand? to avoid? things to bring and not to bring?

Thanks!

Don't bother, it's the biggest waste. I've been working at 30 Rock for 25 years.
The concert is on a small side street. They now block off sections for reserved guests. You can camp out 2 nights earlier, like they did for Justine Bieber and you won't be near the stage.
Then they have section to watch behind the stage where you'll barely see their backs with the cameras.

Good Morning America holds their concert in Central Park in a open area so you can actually see!!

When it started years ago it was mostly older bands that you can walk right up and see everything. They also don't come out until about 8:45 and sing 2 to 4 songs.

The only time I went, it was to see Faith Hill and I was in the VIP section right in front of the stage. I was close - only 2 people in front of me and by the end I had managed to get right up there. When I went it was November and of course it was the coldest/rainiest day and we were there for hours. To the point where I told my wonderful DH who came with me that I wanted to go home before she had even came out to sing. But luckily he didn't let me leave. I think we had gotten there at 6 a.m. or so and she didn't come out til 9:00 or so. I remember standing there for forever. But the best part was that afterwards Faith Hill came back out to sign autographs and take pictures with people and my DH took a great picture of me and Faith Hill and I got her autograph. She was so nice.

In the end, it was like the best day ever and I would do it again in a heartbeat if I was guaranteed VIP section. I got the VIP section through the Faith Hill fan club website (I know, I know - I'm a 40-something year old woman and I belong to a fan club, LOL)

If you can get the VIP section and don't mind standing for hours, it could be fun.

Thanks, Mamamania2! That's exactly the kind of 'insider' info I was hoping for. My DD didn't want to hear it from me.... but maybe she'll listen to an expert. :thumbsup2

Swanmom, do our kids ever listen to us? LOL!!!!

My DS (17) wanted to go see Green Day in concert last summer, but by the time we found out about the concert it was sold out and the online ticket brokers wanted $300 or more for just one ticket. So no concert for him. I told him to join the Green Day fan club and then he would be able to find out about pre-sales and things. Did he listen? NO!!!

Well, now this summer Green Day is playing in NJ and we found about that concert a month after tickets had gone on sale. Again sold out, unless you wanted the lawn seats - which I didn't. So now I am feeling bad for him and I go to one of the online brokers and wound up paying double the price ($150 each) and got him 4 tickets. I closed my eyes when I clicked on the "buy tickets" - LOL!! I figured its something he would want to do with other people. So now him, his brother (15) and my daughters fiance (21) are going and I'm not sure about the 4th ticket.

And no, he still hasn't signed up for their fan club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter