Today is the Day

TexasTravelGirl

Earning My Ears
Today is the day I am booking and I am still on the fence.

I have ABSOLUTELY no clue if I want to book Austria, Germany & Czech OR Italy & Almalfi Coast.

I could have booked yesterday, but I keep going back and forth on which is the one I want to do. I am so beyond torn on what to do.

How did everyone decide? When I started researching I just knew Italy was going to be the one, then Disney released this amazing trip and now here I am... still deciding.

What is everyone's thoughts on the two trips? I am making a decision at noon today, that is my deadline, or I will be going back and forth for months.

What is everyone's opinion on the two trips?

You can't make a bad decision here. We had the same problem 2 years ago. We had decided on Knights and Lights and then they released Greece. In a snap decision, we chose Greece and couldn't have been happier! ABD's are so great, this probably won't be your last trip. (We are going to Ireland in July and are booked for Winter Wonderland in December). You can always make the trip you didn't choose the next time around.

I would lay out pros and cons and take the weather into consideration. Italy will be hot and the Austria trip will probably more temperate. Were you thinking warm or cooler weather? What do flights cost? (That's something we didn't consider when we chose Greece and we had a bit of a shock there--I thought it would be more comparable to London/Paris--wrong!). Have you been to one of those areas before? If so, maybe it's time to return or it's time to try something new!

Anyway, you can't make a bad decision. The trips are transformative (in a good way) and they are all great locations. Good luck! I know you will make your deadline.:thumbsup2

I would love to go to both. I'm with you I'd have a problem picking which one. I'd wright both down on a paper and close my eyes and pick one.:lmao: That would be the one I'd go with no changing my mind:rotfl2:
Good luck and no matter what you'll have a great vacation.:cool1:

Thanks guys...

Flight are comparable I have already checked that.
September is when we will be going so the climates are mild.
I am starting to lean towards Italy, because it is shorter for PTO and the Czech trip would mean we would not be back in time for my husbands oldest daughter's birthday (although she would understand if we celebrated with her later)

But then I told myself if I am really worried about the Sept, I could always pick the earliest date.

1 hour and 55 minutes.... hahaha I am making a decision

maybe I should look at the passport stamps and see which I like more lol

My choices were Italy or Scotland...we are doing Scotland based on the number of more "adventurous" activities (biking, horseback riding, etc). I figured I should do that one while I am still on the "younger" end of 40..:rotfl2:

Have fun deciding. Either way, I am sure it will be a terrific time.
We did the ABD Galapagos 4 years ago, and DS still talks about that trip to anyone that will listen. :)

well I did it. I booked the Italy trip.

I kid you not, I put Italy on a post it and Czech on another. Shook them up and choose.

And now I am going to Italy...

So now I just need to pay that bugger off and determine how the heck I am going to pay it off. :)

yay planning!

Plus it works out the last day is the day before my 32nd birthday :)

Thanks for all the help everyone!

I think Italy would be a better choice, give them time to work out the kinks in the new trip.....

Congrats TexasTravelGirl--we did the Amalfi coast trip last year and had a blast. If you can swing it, see if you can add a couple of days in Rome before (or after) the trip. It is a quick train ride on either end. I have a trip report (more just photos) in the trip report sticky. If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks RSM! I def want to add dates but I'm not adding anything until after I give it to my husband for Christmas & I'll let him decide on extra days... He has significantly less pto than I do... So if he can swing it then I'm sure we will.

Once he is in on the trip I "might" let him help plan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter