• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To wash or not to wash?

diane358

Mouseketeer
I'm almost finished with my shirts for my upcoming trip!!:cool1:
Thanks to all the Disigners that helped!!:goodvibes

I used mostly Avery dark transfers. So far so good!!:thumbsup2

On the directions it says to wash the shirts before wearing to avoid running. I'm so afraid to wash them before the trip,, I don't want to ruin them. I plan to wash in cold water and dry on low heat.

Should I wash them before the trip like the directions say or just leave them be? How do the transfers hold up well in the wash?

I know this has been asked before but my brain is fried right now from all the ironing today!!:crazy2:

Thanks,
Diane:)

I made 24 shirts plus 2 nightshirts and did not wash them before our trip. A couple of the ones that had red on them ran just a little bit in the rain but, nothing major at all. Two of our shirts kinda shredded and I have no idea why. Same design on both shirts so something may have been wrong with that transfer paper.

I washed them when we got home and most of them washed very well.

If (or should I say when) I make shirts for our next trip, I will not wash them before we go either. I'd rather have the pictures than take the chance of ruining them before we even get there.

I always wash my shirts before I iron the transfers on. I wash them is warm water and no fabric softner..I don't put them in the dryer tho...my shirts are all ok and so far they have been washed and dried and the transfer is still perfect:) Good luck.

Sounds like you've already ironed on the transfers, so I wouldn't wash them before you go. The time to wash would have been before applying the transfers. We didn't wash any of ours before applying transfers or before we went last year and they turned out fine. I just wouldn't risk it now!

Thanks. I did wash before the transfers so the shirts are clean. I think I'll wait till I come back to wash them again.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter