To wait or not to wait-that is the question

I can't speak for others but I don't find passive-aggressive posts "fun".
One thing I'm not is passive aggressive. I'll tell you exactly what I think. Your doing the exact thing you accussed me of doing. Feel free to PM me anytime. :)

One thing I'm not is passive aggressive. I'll tell you exactly what I think. Your doing the exact thing you accussed me of doing. Feel free to PM me anytime. :)

No, I invited you (politely) to stop that kind of behavior.

Back to the subject of the thread: OP, Congratulations for/on your booking!!!

No, I invited you (politely) to stop that kind of behavior.

Back to the subject of the thread: OP, Congratulations for/on your booking!!!

I politely asked you to PM me so we could discuss this privately. You obviously did not.

I wish there was an unlike button on this board.

Enough said.

OP have a great cruise. Ignore the off topic bantering.

The prices only go lower after PIF date so you cant rebook without losing your deposit.

If the prices get really low (I don't know about DCL but I have seen other cruiselines go very low with last minute bookings), it could be worth losing the deposit.
That happened to us. We had a cruise booked, and after PIF date, *GT rates came out. Even with losing the deposit, we saved over $500 by cancelling and rebooking.

Ok, so here is my opinion. I would cancel your booking and wait. First, prices NEVER go down. What CAN happen is that if the ship is not filling well, they can offer a discount. The discount is for a specific room type (Inside (IGT), Oceanview (OGT), Veranda (VGT)). The discounted rate is to be PIF at time of booking. Also, you don't get to pick the room location or number, DCL get's to do that for those discounts.

You can review my discounts thread if you want, but normally the January Cruises for Miami have a nice discount (mentioned above). The discounts will NOT be out until after the PIF dates. If no discounts are out wit about 45 days, you can go ahead and book. Prices should NOT increase just because those sailings don't sell well.

Just my two cents worth.

I don't know if I can post a link but there's a site where you can look up historical prices for specific cruises. You could check similar itineraries on that ship in that month and see if GTY rates were offered. Not every sailing has last minute rates. I have gotten a Jan trip last minute. If you don't care where exactly you leave from but know you want to go in Jan you probably will be able to find a last minute rate (no guarantees, but there often are).

I would book right away the type of stateroom you want and keep watching. If prices go lower, you can rebook.
The prices only go lower after PIF date so you cant rebook without losing your deposit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was told by a cast member that with FLR rates if you book early and a FLR rate comes out later you may re-book at that price (penalty free) by simply calling in, however that may have an affect on your stateroom category. And if you are not that flexible in dates I think it is a great idea that you booked because I have seen prices got up hundreds of dollars over a 48 hour period.

DCL cruise tend to be pretty well booked, some flat out full. Prices go up as a rules. As the others said I would book as you did now!

AKK

If you have to fly to get to Miami the money you saved on the discounted rate (VGT) mite be all used up on booking a last minute flight.
Just something to look into. My vote is to just go on the cruise life is to short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter