To tight???

disney92013

Earning My Ears
We are arriving at MCO on Thanksgiving day at 11:30....is there any way we could make a ADR for 50s Prime Time Cafe at 1:35???? Don't want to be crazy but sounds like a great time.

We are arriving at MCO on Thanksgiving day at 11:30....is there any way we could make a ADR for 50s Prime Time Cafe at 1:35???? Don't want to be crazy but sounds like a great time.

It would be super close. You definitely would have to head straight there from the airport.

Depending on if you're checking into the hotel first and using Disney's transportation, yes that is definitely too close. This past Christmas my family and I arrived in MCO at 9:30pm and with the order of hotel drop offs and timing, we didn't get to the hotel until 11:15pm. If you are renting a car, you must allow time for lines at the counter, the possibility of plane delays, and waiting for luggage. On a perfectly timed day, this would probably work out but I would never bet/plan on it... Keep checking back for a later time! Good luck!

Thank you so much....I hat to miss this fun opportunity but who wants to be stressed about making it...hopefully something else will pop up....what would your suggestion be about the earliest I should schedule an ADR at HS with our MCO arrival time of 11:30

Thank you so much....I hat to miss this fun opportunity but who wants to be stressed about making it...hopefully something else will pop up....what would your suggestion be about the earliest I should schedule an ADR at HS with our MCO arrival time of 11:30

The current thinking is that it takes about 90 minutes from leaving the plane to resort. Then plan on about 15 - 30 minutes to check in and drop your bags. Then about 20 minutes to wait for a DHS bus. Then travel time to DHS, I don't know what that is. But you are most likely looking at mid afternoon

If you are using Disney transportation from the airport, 3 hours would be best, maybe a 2:30 ADR.

We've made it to ADRs at SSR/Turf Club in 2 hours (New Year's Eve 2012) only because I went and got all the rental car paperwork done while my DH handled the luggage carousel wait and we went straight to our ADR.

Make sure you have the Disney Dining number with you in case of flight delays that day. Last December, a week after Thanksgiving, we were delayed by almost 2 hours due to a snowstorm in Denver... we had to sit waiting on the plane in San Diego where the weather was beautiful!

I'd say 3:00. Gives you some time for potential delays. As someone else said, keep the number handy for Disney Dining in case you need it.

Please remember something else, there may be a LOT more traffic on the roads because it is Thanksgiving. Normal average day from MCO to WDW may take less time than a major holiday. I'd go along with 3 or even 3:30 ADR.

Our rule of thumb is 3 hours from arrival at the airport to walking into a park, but we don't make a dining reservation for at least an additional hour to allow time for glitches. With an 11:30 arrival I wouldn't make a dining reservation until at least 3:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter