to those planning, having planned intimate weddings

hulagirl87

DIS Veteran
hi there! my question is this... i'm hoping (fingers crossed) to be getting engaged by the end of the year. how long does it take to plan an intimate wedding? with the paperwork/contracts and everything. meaning, if we wanted to get married in april would we be able to do that? thanks for your help!!!

Congratulations first off. Planning a disney wedding is a lot of fun. With any wedding at Disney they won't let you start planning until 1 year prior. I think you will have plenty of time if you are planning an April wedding. I'm sure they have many couples that do it in less time. Good luck!

We contacted DFTW about 3 1/2 months before our actual wedding day, but most of the paperwork and final decisions happened about 30 days prior to our actual day. The only difficulty in planning in a short amount of time is getting the time and location that you want. The date didn't really matter to us, we just wanted a Thursday at 4 o'clock at the WP in July. Our WC told us the first date that was available for the time and location and we took it! :sunny: Other things to consider as well is if you want outside vendors for photgrapy and video. Those may be harder to book in a short amount of time. We went with Disney for everything and it all worked out great!

I was engaged in EPCOT in April '05 and married in The Attic (Boardwalk) in July '05. Anything is possible at WDW!

We started planning on June 2006 and got married in September! Honestly, I think we could have done it in LESS time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter