To the thoughtless people who hurt my son's feelings...

ok, I understand that there's no cause to be rude to a kid, but please be reasonable people. Someone said that her kid puked at a bus stop and people were backing away... well obviously! I think most people would back away from puke no matter how old the person is. Also, if I was at a table right beside someone puking I'd be high-tailing it out of the restaurant too. No way I'd want to sit beside that mess for 10 minutes seeing and smelling it while it gets cleaned up... if I even made it out without either being sick or passing out myself!

Everyone should be kind and understanding, but don't expect people to want to be around puke... that's just silly!

[/We capped off our WDW trip last Saturday at Magic Kingdom for Wishes. All DS (6) really wanted to do was to ride the teacups one last time. I, of course was talking him into more rides. At any rate... We had about 30 minutes till Tink started the show, so we headed to the Emporium for some last minute shopping, and a/c. He told us he did not feel well and was going to throw up. My kid knows, so he and I bolted out of the store, leaving our purchases with DH and DMIL. Right outside the door on Main Street was a little alcove with like 3 stairs. I clearly didn't have a shot at making it to the restroom, and the garbage cans really aren't condusive, so, we sat and he threw up. Most of it stayed in the alcove, and out of the walkway, but some ran out. Like a ladle full. He didn't feel well. Poor kid. It sucks to be sick, but at Disney:eek: So we sat for a minute to make sure he felt ok. These people were walking by, looking, making faces, making rude comments, whatever. One lady said "bless his heart, poor little man". Thank you to her, she had a heart. Honestly, you'd think that these people have never been sick, or consoled someone who was. We left. I carried him to the bus, and back to the hotel. Just before he fell asleep, he told me how sad he was. Are you ready for this???? Mind you, he's 6!!! He wasn't sad because we missed the fireworks and the parade. He wasn't even sad that he didn't get to ride the teacups one last time (remember, all he wanted to do). He was sad because people were staring at him, and making fun of him. Did I cry?? You betcha. So thank you to anyone out there that may have made my 6 year old baby boy sad at Disneyworld:mad: COLOR]

Let him know he's not the only one that's done this. My DD5 did this right after getting off the Figment ride in Epcot (back in late April). All over the place by the exit.

We say it's a badge of honor as how many people get to throw up all over the place at Disney???

So sorry people made your son feel so bad. As if kids throw up on purpose. My youngest daughter got sick one time at MGM like you there was no way she was making it to a restroom so we found some bushes and hoped for the best. Some CMs saw she was sick and they could not have been nicer. Gave her a pass to use for another time (we never used it its in a scrapbook) and offered any assistance to her. Now shes 22 and when we pass by the spot we always tell her the plants are so much healthier there its our little joke. So hopefully you can make a positive out of this experience.

ok, I understand that there's no cause to be rude to a kid, but please be reasonable people. Someone said that her kid puked at a bus stop and people were backing away... well obviously! I think most people would back away from puke no matter how old the person is. Also, if I was at a table right beside someone puking I'd be high-tailing it out of the restaurant too. No way I'd want to sit beside that mess for 10 minutes seeing and smelling it while it gets cleaned up... if I even made it out without either being sick or passing out myself!

Everyone should be kind and understanding, but don't expect people to want to be around puke... that's just silly!

Of course no one likes being around puke. But being snippity to or about someone who is ill is classless.

If you really "pass out" because of puke, you might want to look into hynotherapy for that kind of thing. A friend had great success controlling his aversion to blood.

Of course no one likes being around puke. But being snippity to or about someone who is ill is classless.

If you really "pass out" because of puke, you might want to look into hynotherapy for that kind of thing. A friend had great success controlling his aversion to blood.

Oh I agree with you. There's no cause to be rude to a poor little sick kid. Just thought it was funny when people say "everyone was backing away".

I don't know if it's a "pass out" thing. I get really anxious if I think somoene is going to be sick (can't even watch it in movies). The only time I came close to actually passing out was once in a car when I couldn't get away from the situation and I was hyperventilating(sp?) a bit. I really do feel bad about not being able to help out more, not sure how I'm going to handle having children. Hopefully it'll pass :( blood I can deal with.. just this and spiders that seem to be a real problem ...

Don't you hate that?! The guys have seen two copperheads in our yard in the last 2 weeks...nothing short of Valium will help if I ever run into one of them!

eta:...ALOT of Valium!

There will always be mean people in this world, try to focus on the nice ones. I feel so sorry for your son and I know how he felt. Once I was working in Manhattan and I came down with the flu all of a sudden. I had to take the subway for 40 mintes and then get off and wait for a local bus to get home. I made it all the way on the subway but when I got off at the bus station I lost it and threw up in some bushes along the sidewalk. I thought I would die of embarassment.

Not two minutes later a bus driver who was in the diner across the street came over to me with a cup of tea that he bought for me. He must have seen me and felt sorry. This has to be twenty years ago, but I will never forget his kindness. There are a lot of good people out there, forget about the jerks.

He's SIX!! How hurtful - I sure hope this thread has brightened your spirits - I definately would've been in the bless his heart, and looked for a CM to help you!! I cant believe no one was there for you!

I am so sorry he had to go through that.

On our flight home from Disney last year a little girl (I would say between 3-4) got sick on the flight home and threw up. It got all over her shirt so they had to take it off. The parents didn't have any extra clothes in their carry on. I had bought some shirts for a girl I worked with daughter and I thought I had them in my carry on but didn't. I was ready to give one of those up to give her. I felt bad for her sitting there. The flight attendent finally came with a blanket for her.

We were on a flight from..... and our 2 hour fllight home became an 11 hour ordeal... dd had a "protein spill" IT was awful... United hadnt serviced the plane, so there was NO WATER, NO Garbage bags! I wanted to cry, knowing I was adding to the horrid flight - I just wanted dd to be ok - she lost it in her favorite blanket (I threw it away, and got yelled at by the attendant for moving WHILE WE WERE STATIONARY - "we might get the notice for take off soon" uggg... and at one point I asked for air sick bags, and people were throwing them at us.... it was horrid...

but one kind soul gave up her disney bag for us... (remember no garbage bags)

I hope to never have to experience this again, and so, maybe I am more empathetic... I sure hope not!

yah, I think we've all been there. I'm sure when I was little I made a few messes, and thanks to my son, there's a certain McDonald's we can never visit again:lmao: We got off the bus one night from one of the parks and there was a large protein spill as you got off the bus.....did we all jump over it with disgusted looks on our faces, hell yes!!! But I would love to know who these adults were saying these mean things in front of a 6 yr. old.......my gosh, if that were me and my little boy, vomit would be the least of their inconvenience!! Hugs to you and your boy:hug:

:hug: You tell your son that the people on the dis are proud of him for being so brave while getting sick at Disney!!!! And we wouldn't have given him dirty looks for being sick.
It's a shame sometimes how rude people can be. Granted, I don't think I could have stopped to help (I am one of those who gets sick very easily), but I would have given you some napkins or wipes and made a beeline to the first CM I could find and sent them your way!

OP, first of all, I'm sorry your son was sick... what a horrible thing to happen in WDW! Second, I can't believe people were being mean to him (adults no less) - like they've never been sick before?!?!?! Just explain to your son about karma and hopefully he'll feel better. ;)

I think every parent has had something like this happen to them. It would be nice if people could ask if you need help or any assitance. I've had my daughters throw up in crowds and I've stood there with my hands cupped cathing the puke. :mad:

Oh I agree with you. There's no cause to be rude to a poor little sick kid. Just thought it was funny when people say "everyone was backing away".

I don't know if it's a "pass out" thing. I get really anxious if I think somoene is going to be sick (can't even watch it in movies). The only time I came close to actually passing out was once in a car when I couldn't get away from the situation and I was hyperventilating(sp?) a bit. I really do feel bad about not being able to help out more, not sure how I'm going to handle having children. Hopefully it'll pass :( blood I can deal with.. just this and spiders that seem to be a real problem ...

I'm very glad to see someone express something that happens to me...and has for years. I do not know why, but I have what I can only call a "throw-up phobia". Perhaps the poster who (I assume jokingly) suggested hypnotism for a cure has something!! I truly wish I didn't have this problem, and I can definitely empathize with you,
Princess Stitch!

I'm very sorry you son was sick at Disney. Sometimes I think others with out children of their own don't understand what it is like, let alone when kids are sick.
When my son was only 2 1/2 we took a trip to DisneyLand California and the poor guy was sick one entire day. He like your son threw up several times in the crowds and yes I got dirty looks and rude comments made, I'm just gald my son was too young at the time to understand. I'm sorry your son got his poor little feelings hurt. What a sad way to end a wonderful trip.:grouphug:

I'm sorry that this happened to you and your son. But I have to say that if any of my kids or I had walked by you, we would have felt nauseated ourselves. I don't think any of us would have said something mean, but I know at least one of my kids would have said "ew, gross!" and they would have felt sickened by the whole thing and not able to get it out of their thoughts. We are headed to WDW in 9 days, and I'm going to make sure I carry a plastic bag, just in case. I always have one in the car. Luckily we have not needed it.

There was another recent thread on these boards about kids seen naked in the parks. (copied from said thread) Kids can develop more self confidence when not criticized for going naked or unfavorable comments immediately contradicted. Then the next little boy who cannot hold it can take off his pants rather than get the pants all dirty and the next little girl would not mind going without. My other comment is that the child should not apologize in response to rude comments.

Oh! Oh! You mean no more Mickey ice cream bars on a hot day in the parks?

lol.. I don't think that's a big deal really.. as long as it's not all you eat all day! lol Kids drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of things that have milk in them (cheese, cheese and more cheese) If your just relaxing, I don't think it's a big deal. marching was pretty strenuous and we couldn't stop for 5 miles.. and it was usually right after eating breakfast. And another tip would be not to do it during the highest heat hours of the day.. of course it's hot all day.. but i believe that's from like 11 to 2?? This is our first trip and I WILL have one of those Mickey ice cream bars!!! It's a must! lol

I'm very glad to see someone express something that happens to me...and has for years. I do not know why, but I have what I can only call a "throw-up phobia". Perhaps the poster who (I assume jokingly) suggested hypnotism for a cure has something!! I truly wish I didn't have this problem, and I can definitely empathize with you,
Princess Stitch!

not joking. My friend would literally pass out from the sight of blood. Consistently. Hypnosis helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter