To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

One year the first Saturday of December we went to the Magic Kingdom. We walked up to the gates and was told today was the day they were filming for the Christmas Parade and only people with invitations were allowed in. So we walked away.... Then a couple came up to us and explained it was a CM friends and family event and proceeded to give us two tickets!
We were quite excited to get in and walked down Main Street following everyone else to in front of Cinderella's castle for a special concert. I about died when I saw the drum said "Justin Bieber"! Now the two of us 40 somethings could care-a-less about him... but my nieces were sure envious of the pictures and video I got!!
We also got a free day at the Magic Kingdom since we didn't have to use a day of passes to get in. We rode some rides and the train while everyone else enjoyed the show and huddled around Main Street for the parade taping.
Even though it wasn't our "perfect day" it still is a day we will always remember!

To all the CMs ~
What is the single-best piece of advice you can give me regarding my upcoming trip to the F&WF?

In a galaxy far far away, there are remotes kingdoms, pixie hollows, jedi knights and springs. These remote outpost are also known as Disney Stores and some of the local CMs have knowledge about trip planning and best routes to take to the Kingdom and things to do at the parks. BTW its the next best place beside being in the park.

Ha! This happens to us all the time. We walk up to a QS restaurant. There one side with 10 people, and the other side has no-one. I just walk up to the other side, and exactly what you get is people being annoyed at you and then following you into the line. I don't care though - I can't help it that those other people are dolts. :rotfl2:

Some cast members will actually wave people over to the other side, but most don't. I think because it's probably harder on them keeping both sides straight as to who's next, so there happy when people don't realize the 2nd side is open.

This always annoys me! It pays to pay attention!

....hello? Anyone? :confused3

CMs aren't obligated to respond here - there's a very good chance to no one with that knowledge is paying attention to this thread right now.

I recommend checking out other F&W related threads and Disney specific sites like allearsnet.com, where you can get a slew of great info.

This is such a great thread, so much information. I just started reading, but am subscribing because I don't want to miss anything!!

Loving this thread!

:rotfl:I swore, until I was an adult, that there were chocolate chip cookies on the ceiling at Space Mountain. . .

While riding on the TTA with DS, 5 at the time, he pointed and said, "look, there's the chocolate chip cookies!":goodvibes
Must be the eyes of a child!

Thankful for all the posts and tips!
Most are applicable to WDW, as well as daily life!

I'm reading through this a few pages a day.

When I was 5, we went to WDW with my parents, aunt and uncle (my only trip as a child). My aunt and I were very close, best friends really. I will always remember standing in line at space mountain and she suddenly looked up and said "Those look like giant chocolate chip cookies" and was so excited about it.

She passed away when I was a teenager and whenever we go to WDW I miss her and wish she was with us. Now though, when in line with my kids, I always point out the chocolate chip cookies.

Ok so I started reading this about 5 hours ago.. I'm literally fried lol but it was filled with so many tips and gemstone stories of the magic that flows through Disney, I sincerely apologize if this post is too long but I have a bit to say after reading 92 pages!!

Ok I wanna start with wish families, as many moons ago I was one, and praise the lord I'm doing much better these days in retrospect. First if you ever meet a wish kid that lived.. I'd hope our society would have enough humanity to be happy not be all guess you never really needed it and wasted it for someone deserving that is the lowest. Like ppl have said you don't know their story and we had a lot of glares, but I was blinded from the, by all the wonderful cast members going far out of their way for me. So wish families I hereby pray you enjoy the time with your child, and also there comes a time where everything gets better medically!*

Disabilities just know the people you see disabled even if they don't look it 89% of us don't want to be I've bushed and worked so hard to get where I am today I don't wanna go back into a wheelchair. There are so many different disabilities and I promise you we'd rather not have them and give up the perks and be like y'all able to stand In a line like its nothing, instead of trying to hide our pains and hoping we can make it to the ride.

I've had my fair share of pixie dust over the years like getting to stay on the river rapids in AK with my cousins due to mobility issues for 8 times in a row!!*

Then when I started pin trading the sweet older cast member showed me her pins and asked which I liked I saw a cutesy eyore pin and told her it was a great pin she gave it to me without letting me trade since I was just getting into it and didn't have many to this day I still have that eyore pin in my collection

During the last Grad Night hosted by WDW 2011 it was almost over and somehow my whole class was trying to get on BTMRR and I had my friend wheel me to it a cast member saw me and asked who was in my class I told him and he got the whole class in with me (we had a very small graduating senior class about 70 and even fewer went on the senior trip. It was so fun our train held our entire group!!*

Also a great character I've met is briar rabbit when I was in a wheelchair once he took me and wheeled me down main street my girlfriend at the time had to chase him down and make him give me back it was fun!
Then a year ago when I had a wheelchair/walker thing briar rabbit once again thought me out during a western show over in frontier land and they were doing the hockey pokey. He saw that I was a little scared to leave my mobility device and I noticed that his grip was gentle but strong enough to reassure me he wasn't gonna let me fall. So I got to participate in the street show and then he took me back and did some silly mischievous stuff honestly so much fun!*

Tips I can give? I'm not a CM but I'm loaded with Disney trivia and info I usually wind up helping many ppl plan thief trip.*

I agree with the don't go in expecting everything to be perfect if you do your trip will fall apart faster than you can possibly imagine

Go with ppl you like, I'm serious a friend can be fun but more than two days together how are y'all gonna be? So make sure you are sure who you want along on your trip.*

Go resort hopping during the holidays still so few ppl don't know that they are able to go to each resort and look. Around for free and during the holidays there are special attractions that are simply wonderful memories just getting to see!*

Also while I love all the pixie dust stories don't go in expecting any. That way if you don't you won't get sour and if you do omg when you don't expect it and it happens it's like cloud 9.

Also thank you cast members you are truly the heart of Disney just as valuable as the main mouse in my opinion!

First if you ever meet a wish kid that lived.. I'd hope our society would have enough humanity to be happy not be all guess you never really needed it and wasted it for someone deserving that is the lowest.

1) Not only am I a CM, but I am a volunteer coordinator for GKTW.
2) And, yes, at WDW and GKTW, we try to make Wish Families trips as pleasant and rewarding as possible.
3) In fact, I am working this Wednesday Evening (5/18/2016) at GKTW Katie's-Kitchen and Ice-Cream-Parlor.
4) If there, send me an IM and we might be able to meet-up.
TRS

As someone who has a family member that is a long time cast member and manager:

If a CM does something that brightens your day or goes above and beyond, take a little bit of extra time and ask to speak to their manager and compliment that CM.

This has multiple levels to it.

1. Most CM's you deal with will be college interns or part time employees who want to solidify their position. A positive review could go a long way in securing that
2. It is genuinely helpful to the manager so they can evaluate
3. It's good karma

4. Managers usually have access to things the general CM's don't...fast passes... etc... if you are genuine and sweet you never know when a Manager may just reward you for your sweet comments and praise with a little bonus to help your day. Obviously don't expect this, but from experience with my family member this would not be a rare thing if a guest makes their day a little better.

It's taken me a few days but I've just finished reading this thread. There's some fab tips on here and I loved reading everyone's stories!
I have a lovely memory of a cm who was out with Pluto in the magic Kingdom. We wanted to meet Pluto and didn't realise the line had closed for his break. We were about to turn round and the cm saw me in my Pluto t-shirt and very kindly let us join the end of the queue. We got chatting and found out he'd always really wanted to go to the UK, which is where we're from so we had a great conversation about that. He then asked us if we traded pins (which we didn't) and let myself and dh each choose a pin from his lanyard so we could start!
Later in the day dh and I decided to buy the epcot UK pin and try and hunt down the cm again (so annoyed I can't remember his name now, this was back in 2011) and we gave him the pin so we felt like we traded with him. He was really happy and I hope we put a bit of magic back into his day.
Thank you for everything you do cms!!!!!

They often have free samples of fudge in the Confectionary.

The princess often have shorter waits in Epcot than in Toontown- look for Belle with Beast in France, Mulan in China (yes, I know- technically not a princess), Aurora also in France (look closely- she's often hidden in a corner with a short wait.), Snow White in Germany, and Jasmine usually with Aladdin and Genie in Moracco.

Upon entering a park, scan all the turnstyles for the shortest wait before getting in line- don't automatically follow everyone else.
I have to ask. Beast is in France. didn't think the Beast was anywhere but Be Our Guest. Going this summer and kids want to see The Beast, but no dining for Be Our Guest, for our party size during those days. Thanks

I have to ask. Beast is in France. didn't think the Beast was anywhere but Be Our Guest. Going this summer and kids want to see The Beast, but no dining for Be Our Guest, for our party size during those days. Thanks
Beast hasn't been a regular in France since BOG opened in 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter