To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

Not a CM or a former CM but thought of something fun...

We always have extra dining credits at the end of our trip. When I pay for our last CS meal, I'll find the closest person to me not on DDP and offer to pay for some or all of their meal with our dining plan.

The last few times I have done this, the CMs have recognized it by giving me a special pin! I'm not a pin person per say, but to make someone else's day more magical and then get recognized for it? AWESOME!

FYI Magic Kingdom custodial CMs have recently switched to a new costume featuring a much darker red or burgandy color. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the parks eventually switch over. They all carry radios and I believe they can find out via that. I know I've been asked at greeter many times and I don't really have an easy way of finding out.

Also, hey Jaclyn! It's your fake Disney husband!

Yeah, in mid-November the MK Custodial CMs switched to an all-white costume with a burgundy belt. If they're wearing a baseball cap, it's also burgundy. Of course, their winter coats and hats are black. But just look for the white pants :]

:thumbsup2Thank you everyone for all of the great tips! This will be my 3rd trip, just the kids and I this time. We are about 36 hours away from leaving!! Wootwoot!!:cool1:

Not a CM or a former CM but thought of something fun...

We always have extra dining credits at the end of our trip. When I pay for our last CS meal, I'll find the closest person to me not on DDP and offer to pay for some or all of their meal with our dining plan.

The last few times I have done this, the CMs have recognized it by giving me a special pin! I'm not a pin person per say, but to make someone else's day more magical and then get recognized for it? AWESOME!

That's cool, the people when they see us do it tell us we can't do it though. The past two trips my girlfriend has treated her friends to dinner since she works there right now.

Where did you get the ID bracelet? I was thinking about doing the bead bracelet thing, but yours sounds better! :thumbsup2 Thanks! :flower3:

I have another great idea for your kids ID. I am a runner and I have bought a runners ID tag, you can get one to put on wrist or the one I got it attaches to my shoe using velcro. But you can put important information on the tag. I use it in case, when I am out running disaster hits, a car or worse yet something physical. It has my name and contact numbers for wife, adult daughter and adult son. You can get these braclets through www.roadid.com/

Hopes this helps someone.

As of January 1, 2012, this will no longer be allowed. There are a lot of DDP changes taking effect tomorrow.

However, I'm thinking, how would the CM at the QSR necessarily know that the person isn't in your party? As long as you're not like, "Hey, my flight leaves in a few hours, and I have extra DDP credits.. Who wants lunch??"

loved these ones!!! Thank you!

Well this is the advice i can think of
1. Don't go the week after Christmas. Wait Times triple for everything it's not worth it. I really like September, the park is empty, the weather is beautiful, and you can attend MNSSHP
2. MNSSHP is 10x better than MVMCP
3. If you are ever by an attraction and the host/hostess tells you to do something. Listen. We are doing it to make your ride more enjoyable. So many people wait in useless lines because they don't listen
4. Just talk with the CMs when we are not busy, we will often do things to make your day more magical- I sword fight with children, tell them stories, give people free items, etc.
5. Use EMH. I send so many dead boats at night because no one is there
6. You can see the fireworks perfectly from Adventureland. The castle is way too crowded during firework time
7. Diamond Horseshoe is the best parade viewing spot.
8. Go on Jungle Cruise at night, everyone thinks they are closed
9. Sometimes we are working 14hour days after working a 10hr day. Please don't yell at us
10.Of all the flying rides, Aladdin is the smallest wait.
11. Animation Building is a character hunters best friend
12. Go see the different shows during the day- like Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial, Dream Along With Mickey, the Dapper Dans, etc- the rides are busiest during mid day
13. If you have a great CM please go to guest relations. It makes our day
14.If you want to know if a ride is back up, just ask custodial.
15. If you are a Princess and the Frog fan, go to night meet and greets. That is when Prince Naveen shows up
16. The Wave at the Contemporary isn't too well known and has really good food

When at a favorite ride of yours and you've come to find out that it has been temporarily closed, please make sure to look at the back of your ticket beforehand. It says "Attractions subject to operational change without notice." This way, if you know this ahead of time, you can prevent any situations from happening and not make the CM at Greeter's job any worse than it is because of the ride's unexpected downtime.

I cannot express how much it pains me to explain to guests that the ride of their choice is down and then have them stand and yell at me for 2 minutes about how it's my fault the ride is down and that it's their last night in the park, etc. Cast Members cannot control the attractions, and they would like to be able to explain why the attraction is down to someone who is calm and not going all villain-esque on them. I have had guests do that to me and embarrass their entire family. I ask that simply look at the ticket before yelling at the CM before a manager steps in.

The number one tip I have for people as a cast member Is to take a few minutes at the end of your day to stop by guest relations and praise those special cast members that have gone above and beyond for you! Ask to fill out an “aplauseagram” which is given to the cast member! It is a great feeling to fill them out for other great CMs and it makes my day as a CM to help out guests who have had great interactions with our CMS!

Another tip that has saved countless children from many tears when their parents get lost is to teach your children your cell phone number so if they get separated from you we can call you once they come to guest relations.

or write it on a card and tuck it in their pocket, or some parents write it on the inside of their kids arm.

The number one tip I have for people as a cast member Is to take a few minutes at the end of your day to stop by guest relations and praise those special cast members that have gone above and beyond for you! Ask to fill out an “aplauseagram” which is given to the cast member! It is a great feeling to fill them out for other great CMs and it makes my day as a CM to help out guests who have had great interactions with our CMS!

I don't think they get added to your file when you get one though. We went to fill one out for a attendant in MK at guest relations and they had us fill out a GSF card instead.

I suppose it is more or less the same thing ;) either way they are getting a "good job" from someone :)

Our 2 DS's started pin trading 3 trips ago and this past trip (last week), they really were into it, which doesn't bother us at all. They are very polite when asking the CM's and they always get a great response back. We went to BNC to have the kitchen sink, we put our name in (45 minute wait) and then decided to go over to the gift shop at BCV. The boys looked at the pins and then asked the CM, at the register by the clothes, if they could look at her pins (of course she said absolutely). My oldest said to her: "you don't have what I'm looking for". She asked him what he was looking for. He told her and then she said: "wait her a minute". We were all wondering why, but waited. She came out of the back room with a big board of pins. She then pointed out the one he wanted. He smiled from ear to ear. He was taking off one of his pins to trade, when she said: "keep your pin". She then took it off the board and gave it to him. We couldn't believe it. It was one of those magical moments. I wish I could remember her name. Something so small, made his day. By the way, we finished the kitchen sink!

What is a Kitchen Sink?

Be nice to all CM! Even if they are giving you some disappointing news. Most attraction/parade CM carry fastpasses if they also work another attraction. Even if you look friendly and approachable someone may give you some!

Fantasmic has a magical moment that began about a month or two ago. Get to the show about 15 minutes prior to rope drop, have one or two cute kids, and you may be chosen for free popcorn and VIP seats

or write it on a card and tuck it in their pocket, or some parents write it on the inside of their kids arm.

When our kids were really little on our first trip, we went to the pet store and made little "dog tags" that we attached to their shoes. We put our first names and our cell phone numbers in case we got separated. We also versed them to look for a Disney CM and point out their shoes, with the tags on it.

LOVE the idea of leaving notes for CM's after a special moment:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter