To Swim or Not To Swim

Kristen'smom

Mouseketeer
We will be leaving late next week for a stay at POP, I know that the pools are heated but I wonder if it will be warm enough to swim? :earsgirl:

Kids are very resilient, we were there in January & I could not pull mine out of the pool. I just did not like when you got out you would freeze :cold: I definitely think during the day you will be fine, at night it may get cool.

You're leaving in a week? You will all definitely be able to swim. Today it was 88 degrees out in the afternoon. The central air is running non stop in my house since last March. We won't see a significant drop in temps until November sometime, and then we are only talking about it being in the 70's. Yes, Florida does get some cold days and the longer you live here the more you feel them, but certainly don't expect it to be too cool to swim in October.

You will definitely be able to swim. We just got back and it was hot, hot, hot! It was so hot that the water in the pool at ASMo was warm, not cool.

temp drop you will definately be able to swim. We just got back and it was almost 90 everyday. Quick advice about POP- make sure they change your sheets. I had to request clean ones and change them myself. Otherwise it was a very nice resort, my DS loved the HIPPY DIPPY POOL. Check out the Goofy fountain next to the 60's building, it's adorable! Have Fun I wish I was leaving instead of coming back!!

We were at the Swan earlier in the month and we Swam comfortably every day. It should still be fine later this month.

My parents live in the Sarasota/Venice Florida area and as a general rule of thumb we typically can swim in the Gulf when we visit them for Thanksgiving but it is usually too cold by Christmas/New Years.

I don't know if you have young kids, but the kiddie pools always seem much warmer than the main pools. That's probably because there is much less water volume in the small pools so they heat up faster.

Or maybe it's because there's so much warm pee in them . . . :rotfl2:

I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. :p

GEM said:
Or maybe it's because there's so much warm pee in them . . . :rotfl2:

I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. :p
Ewwww... Well.. we were at POFQ kiddie pool. The couple with the 2 yo went in the kiddie pool holding the child. He peed in it. :earseek:
You can tell... you can smell his pee and the water turned yellowish around him. Gross! As soon as I smelled the pee. I called the kids out of that water! I don't think I could ever go in any kiddie pool ever again. That was too gross!

As others have advised, you will probably be able to swim comfortably.

We've been in December and January on multiple occasions and literally been able to swim one day and not the next because of the temperature change. :)

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter