To stay at POFQ or move.....

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jmcghee2024, Dec 3, 2012.

1. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

We are booked at POFQ. But that is the one moderate not included in the discount rate. Should be move and if so which other moderate (or value) should we move to. It's me, DH, and 5 year old DD.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

I would move to POR for the discount!

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I don't see that big a difference in the various Moderate resorts so yes, I would move for the better price. The suggestion above for POR is good since its still in the same neighborhood.

5. POOHsie

POOHsie DIS Veteran

POR. Definitely. You can access POR and POFQ food courts, live entertainment at both, boat to DTD at both, horse and carriage in evenings (you can visit the horses, no obligation to ride). Fishin' Hole at POR. No better moderate resorts than POR and POFQ.

6. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

splurge and go to AKL. it is the cheapest deluxe and worth every extra penny

7. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

sorry it is not included in the discount - but POR or CSR are good resorts.

8. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

We loved the small size of POFQ, but POR was beautiful too, and newly remodled. If it is discounted, I'd stay there...you will still have the boat to DTD and all of the amenities at POFQ as well.

9. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I like POFQ very much, but I'm just too cheap to pass up a good discount. Unless there is a really compelling reason to stay, I'd follow my wallet to POR.

(Fortunately I already received a sweet PIN that I could use on our POFQ reservation).

10. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

I wouldn't change resorts because what attracted to POFQ was its small size. I'd never stay at CSR or CBR because their size intimidates me. If POFQ us not included for any discounts available I'd pay full price for it.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

If POFQ is not included in a discount it's because it is doing well with capacity relative to the time frame and they don't need discounts. That means it's booking up, which means it will likely busy. Many people think because POFQ is small, it won't be busy but for us we had the opposite experience. We found the bigger resorts to be better since they were more spread out with more bus stops - everything wasn't so compact with people all crowded in smaller areas. I'd definitely switch for the discount. If you choose POR, you'll have the same atmosphere and still be permitted to use the POFQ amenities.

12. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

There is not a single Disney resort I would stay at without a Discount (unless there were NO discounts anywhere and I desperately needed a Disney Vacation;)).
    I would most definately switch to POR to save some $$$$.

13. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

go discount if you can.