To stay at POFQ or move.....

jmcghee2024

DIS Veteran
We are booked at POFQ. But that is the one moderate not included in the discount rate. Should be move and if so which other moderate (or value) should we move to. It's me, DH, and 5 year old DD.

We are booked at POFQ. But that is the one moderate not included in the discount rate. Should be move and if so which other moderate (or value) should we move to. It's me, DH, and 5 year old DD.

I would move to POR for the discount!

I don't see that big a difference in the various Moderate resorts so yes, I would move for the better price. The suggestion above for POR is good since its still in the same neighborhood.

POR. Definitely. You can access POR and POFQ food courts, live entertainment at both, boat to DTD at both, horse and carriage in evenings (you can visit the horses, no obligation to ride). Fishin' Hole at POR. No better moderate resorts than POR and POFQ.

We loved the small size of POFQ, but POR was beautiful too, and newly remodled. If it is discounted, I'd stay there...you will still have the boat to DTD and all of the amenities at POFQ as well.

I like POFQ very much, but I'm just too cheap to pass up a good discount. Unless there is a really compelling reason to stay, I'd follow my wallet to POR.

(Fortunately I already received a sweet PIN that I could use on our POFQ reservation).

I wouldn't change resorts because what attracted to POFQ was its small size. I'd never stay at CSR or CBR because their size intimidates me. If POFQ us not included for any discounts available I'd pay full price for it.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

If POFQ is not included in a discount it's because it is doing well with capacity relative to the time frame and they don't need discounts. That means it's booking up, which means it will likely busy. Many people think because POFQ is small, it won't be busy but for us we had the opposite experience. We found the bigger resorts to be better since they were more spread out with more bus stops - everything wasn't so compact with people all crowded in smaller areas. I'd definitely switch for the discount. If you choose POR, you'll have the same atmosphere and still be permitted to use the POFQ amenities.

There is not a single Disney resort I would stay at without a Discount (unless there were NO discounts anywhere and I desperately needed a Disney Vacation;)).
I would most definately switch to POR to save some $$$$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter