to Round 3...And Beyond! Moms Panel Hopefuls and Friends

Hey everybody!!

Just wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS!! to all of you advancing to round 3!! I haven't had a chance to see who that is, yet, but I am hoping that many of you got pixie dust yesterday!!

I hope that any of you affected by the storm are doing well. We got power back yesterday, but many in our area are still without power.

Congrats again to those moving on!! As for the rest of us... well, I know it's hard not to feel like you were judged as being unworthy or something like that. As much as I try not to let it bother me... I have that feeling too.

Hey everybody!!

Just wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS!! to all of you advancing to round 3!! I haven't had a chance to see who that is, yet, but I am hoping that many of you got pixie dust yesterday!!

I hope that any of you affected by the storm are doing well. We got power back yesterday, but many in our area are still without power.

Congrats again to those moving on!! As for the rest of us... well, I know it's hard not to feel like you were judged as being unworthy or something like that. As much as I try not to let it bother me... I have that feeling too.

Oh man! I was really holding out hope for you!!!

Amy--I'm glad you had your cry. It really helped me last night.

I told my co-worker that has been rooting for me this morning that I didn't make it and she told me that it was a mistake and that I would have been an asset to the team. Since she used to be my boss and she's a tough cookie, I was really touched by that.

As of right now, I will barely have a qualifying WDW trip for next year. This is looking like our only trip until 2014. We are going on the Fantasy and hopefully going to Aulani, so I'm not sure if those are "qualifying" or not.

I thought about maybe trying for DVC next year, but one of the questions this year was to tell about your DVC tour. I never took a tour. I knew what I wanted and called in. I wonder if that would exclude me?

I say for 2014, we all put on our pink footie pj's and storm the Pink Princess' castle until she says we are on the panel.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Those trips definitely qualify Liz! :thumbsup2

My hubby keeps telling me it's a mistake! He is still holding out for me to get a round 3 email. I told him he needs to let it go. :sad2:

I agree - we will stage a sit-in ... sitting at the steps of the Castle, well after the Kiss Goodnight, footie pj's and wine, and when the Disney Secret Service tries to tell us to leave we will demand to see the Pink Princess! princess: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

BaseballMickey -
Sorry you didn't make it. :sad2:

But we are all so glad to see you here! We were worried :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: How about Pasionate Moms Panel Rejects? ;)

You are wonderful and you've made this thread much more interesting and fun. You (and many others) have influenced those of us following this journey so know that you made a positive difference even if you didn't make the moms panel. We have the bond of disappointment today but if we keep together, we'll have the bond of friendship too! :grouphug:

Agreed :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Hi, everyone,

No pixie dust for me this year. To add insult to injury, I had to pick up the e-mail at a stoplight with my DS screaming crying in the backseat, a sinus headache...and with "Good Life" on the radio. I knew just by glancing at the title that it was a "no." :sad:

I'm still a little heartbroken this morning, but trying to dust myself off. In light of all that's gone on in the country over the last few days, I keep reminding myself how blessed I am - I have an intact home, good health, my family is safe, I have power and water, plenty of food.... And to think that I've been able to visit WDW enough times to even qualify to serve on the MP shows that I'm blessed indeed. (It's sometimes easy to lose sight on these boards that getting to travel anywhere, let alone WDW, these days is a rare gift indeed!).

So, I keep telling myself these things. But the heart is not as good of a listener as it should be.

I'll be back, though! I'm looking at it as a dream-deferred. :thumbsup2

And, in all honesty, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all those that did manage to get that pixie-dusted e-mail yesterday. I'm definitely looking forward to cheering each of you on. There HAVE to be some DISers on the panel after all of this! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hi, everyone,

No pixie dust for me this year. To add insult to injury, I had to pick up the e-mail at a stoplight with my DS screaming crying in the backseat, a sinus headache...and with "Good Life" on the radio. I knew just by glancing at the title that it was a "no." :sad:

I'm still a little heartbroken this morning, but trying to dust myself off. In light of all that's gone on in the country over the last few days, I keep reminding myself how blessed I am - I have an intact home, good health, my family is safe, I have power and water, plenty of food.... And to think that I've been able to visit WDW enough times to even qualify to serve on the MP shows that I'm blessed indeed. (It's sometimes easy to lose sight on these boards that getting to travel anywhere, let alone WDW, these days is a rare gift indeed!).

So, I keep telling myself these things. But the heart is not as good of a listener as it should be.

I'll be back, though! I'm looking at it as a dream-deferred. :thumbsup2

And, in all honesty, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all those that did manage to get that pixie-dusted e-mail yesterday. I'm definitely looking forward to cheering each of you on. There HAVE to be some DISers on the panel after all of this! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Sorry:sad1: We are all in the same boat. Feeling just icky and sad. :sad2:
Join our new thread when you are ready!
I am still following this one until that one takes off, but everyone can hop aboard the 2 new ones!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46594632&posted=1#post46594632

Congratulations to:
Jackie Psarianos, marhs, chopstick, Cdotla, DisneyAgentK, jjzmgailey, MeffysMom, princessmorgan, surfergrl31, Susy-Q and Tiggsntx, Cour10eB and all other R3s who I may have missed!!! I am trully happy for you. Please don't forget us!! We would love to join you on your journey towards the WDWMP.
I am also :sad: and depressed, I had a margarita last night, and half a container of Nutella but that didn't help and I'm still crying a little... Is it too early to start drinking yet??? :drinking1:

I can't believe I ate half a tub of Nutella!!!! :crazy2::rolleyes2

So, DH just got home and I kind of broke down when I told him. I felt so silly to be crying, but he completely understands.

I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow, but it stinks right now.

I totally relate!!! But it's tomorrow and I still don't feel better.

The 6 stages of MP rejection:

1. Hope: This uplifting subject line sounds good!
2. Anger: Why did they trick me with that uplifting subject line?! What meanies!
3. Denial: I'll bet an email will be coming any minute saying it was all a mistake and they're going to let me skip R3 and jump right onto the panel
4. Sadness: Whhhhyyyy don't they want meeee :sad1:
5. Pettiness: Well, if Disney doesn't want me I'll just cancel all my upcoming trips! Take that Disney!
6. Amnesia: Gotta go on that trip so I'm eligible next year! 20-whatever here I come! There's no stopping me this year! Wahoo! :cool1:

I'm on stage 4!! I don't think I'll ever be on stage 5. Disney makes me happy and I actually wish I was booking a WDW trip for myself right now!!! Come to think of it, I still have time to go for F&W Fest, right?? Maybe I'll do a solo trip. Oooohhh!! My kids won't be very happy about that!!! But you know... I need it!! I'm just too sad!! They don't want a sad mommy!!!

I actually do speak french but I am not really fluent anymore, maybe I should study before next year to get my skills back up to par :)

I took French in High School and College, but I'm not fluent as much as I was. But I do speak fluent Spanish and English, my brother is Deaf, so I can communicate although I'm not fluent in ASL since my parents made sure my brother learned to speak and read lips at 3yrs old.

And for those of you that actually make it on the DMP, please, pretty please either start a thread on DIS about it or post a link to your blog!

We want to see pictures and hear all about it!!:cool1::dance3:
Yes, yes, PLEASE!!!!

How about...TheNonWaiting-WaitingRoomForTheLosersWhoArePissedButStillLoveDisney ??? :thumbsup2

Sorry, apparently I am still in stage 2 --- Anger

LOL!!! You're impossible!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

That seems about right. I am surprised about the lack of another RunDisney finalist. I thought that the current RunDisney Mom was getting lots of questions, perhaps indicating another RunDisney mom or two (I was honestly thinking it would be a dad - since it is sporty).

I figured a runDisney dad was a longshot, since the runDisney stuff has mainly been oriented toward women lately, eg the Princess and Tink halves, and the preponderance of women runner pics on the runDisney FB page.

Oh well - I didn't have a good cry about it, but I did go out for a nice medium run. 8.5 miles in the wind and the wet is good enough therapy for now. And if it isn't, I am going to try and cram a 15-miler in tomorrow between getting the kids on the bus and a dentist appointment.

Hope everyone else is starting to feel better about it. :grouphug:

And hey - if anyone in charge is reading this - I think it would be a great idea if the R2 people got a discount code. I know I could use an extra Disney vacation right about now. :thumbsup2

Congratulations to:
Jackie Psarianos, marhs, chopstick, Cdotla, DisneyAgentK, jjzmgailey, MeffysMom, princessmorgan, surfergrl31, Susy-Q and Tiggsntx, Cour10eB and all other R3s who I may have missed!!! I am trully happy for you. Please don't forget us!! We would love to join you on your journey towards the WDWMP.
I am also :sad: and depressed, I had a margarita last night, and half a container of Nutella but that didn't help and I'm still crying a little... Is it too early to start drinking yet??? :drinking1:

I totally relate!!! But it's tomorrow and I still don't feel better.

I'm on stage 4!! I don't think I'll ever be on stage 5. Disney makes me happy and I actually wish I was booking a WDW trip for myself right now!!! Come to think of it, I still have time to go for F&W Fest, right?? Maybe I'll do a solo trip. Oooohhh!! My kids won't be very happy about that!!! But you know... I need it!! I'm just too sad!! They don't want a sad mommy!!!

I took French in High School and College, but I'm not fluent as much as I was. But I do speak fluent Spanish and English, my brother is Deaf, so I can communicate although I'm not fluent in ASL since my parents made sure my brother learned to speak and read lips at 3yrs old.

Yes, yes, PLEASE!!!!

LOL!!! You're impossible!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm in stage 4 too. Skipped right over stage 3.
Stuffed my face with candy last night. :thumbsup2
Now I can't eat a thing. I made breakfast, just stared at it.
I am in such a daze, I didn't even realize it's lunch time already! :rolleyes:

Nutella. Is. Evil. :lmao: A great way to make it though... take crescent roll dough. spread Nutella on it. Roll it up, and bake as directions on package. They are awesome with Nutella and peanut butter in them too! :thumbsup2

Here's the new thread, hop on over when you're ready!
I thought I should name it something uplifting instead of going the resentful, sad route - that I am still stuck in!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46594632&posted=1#post46594632

Thanks so much, Amy, for starting a new thread. I am so thrilled (and shocked) to be moving on to Round 3, but I'll miss so many of you all in this waiting room, so I do hope you'll come over and follow along with us when you're ready!

Congratulations to:

Thank you! And mmm... Nutella!!!! You're not crazy - that stuff is GOOD!!!! :)

Heading over to the new thread, hope so see you all there too!!!!
Again, BIG THANKS for all the support! This is such an amazing group!!!!

Thanks so much, Amy, for starting a new thread. I am so thrilled (and shocked) to be moving on to Round 3, but I'll miss so many of you all in this waiting room, so I do hope you'll come over and follow along with us when you're ready!

Thank you! And mmm... Nutella!!!! You're not crazy - that stuff is GOOD!!!! :)

Heading over to the new thread, hope so see you all there too!!!!
Again, BIG THANKS for all the support! This is such an amazing group!!!!

You are most welcome Marcy. I will be over there eventually. Just not quite ready to yet. I do send you all very heartfelt wishes and the best of luck!
:cool1:

Wow. I'm still in shock that more of us didn't make it. Still depressed about it. Word of warning for those still depressed about it...don't go to visit your hairdresser while in this state...or maybe you should. I felt I needed a big change after not making it so...I cut 4 inches off my hair and colored it red. I feel SO much better now but it is a drastic change!! Maybe now I can move on.

Hi all :)

I know everyone takes the news differently, but I just wanted to send everyone a BIG hug :grouphug:- no matter what "stage" you are in.

Last year, I felt all of those stages...sadness, mostly! This year, though, not sure what it was, but when I saw the NO email, I was disappointed for about 3 seconds - then kind of relieved! I truly do believe that this will happen when it's supposed to happen and this just was not my year.

Today, I bought myself the Brother Bear DVD that I have been wanting to buy for a few weeks now (yay, 9.99 at Target) and I think part of the sting was instantly cancelled out because I already knew I had a few Disney trips coming up - next one in just 8 days!

So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL again for your support and friendship. I will be signing off the boards for now, but hope to catch up with y'all on the MMCSG on Facebook, twitter or with my Moms Panel blog (http://outrunningthemonorail.wordpress.com) - hope you all have a wonderful Halloween, Holidays and New Year - and see y'all real soon <3

Hi all :)

I know everyone takes the news differently, but I just wanted to send everyone a BIG hug :grouphug:- no matter what "stage" you are in.

Last year, I felt all of those stages...sadness, mostly! This year, though, not sure what it was, but when I saw the NO email, I was disappointed for about 3 seconds - then kind of relieved! I truly do believe that this will happen when it's supposed to happen and this just was not my year.

Today, I bought myself the Brother Bear DVD that I have been wanting to buy for a few weeks now (yay, 9.99 at Target) and I think part of the sting was instantly cancelled out because I already knew I had a few Disney trips coming up - next one in just 8 days!

So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL again for your support and friendship. I will be signing off the boards for now, but hope to catch up with y'all on the MMCSG on Facebook, twitter or with my Moms Panel blog (http://outrunningthemonorail.wordpress.com) - hope you all have a wonderful Halloween, Holidays and New Year - and see y'all real soon <3

Thanks Krissy! I may have to check out the DVDs at Target, too! Hopefully you won't mind if I ask you some more questions in the future about runDisney. I ran 5 miles last weekend, and it kind of kicked my butt, so I'll need some motivation to keep going! I'll start following you on Twitter! I wish you all the best!

Wow. I'm still in shock that more of us didn't make it. Still depressed about it. Word of warning for those still depressed about it...don't go to visit your hairdresser while in this state...or maybe you should. I felt I needed a big change after not making it so...I cut 4 inches off my hair and colored it red. I feel SO much better now but it is a drastic change!! Maybe now I can move on.

WOW! That is a big change! I did some retail therapy today, and I have decided I am going to repaint my kitchen!:thumbsup2

Thanks Krissy! I may have to check out the DVDs at Target, too! Hopefully you won't mind if I ask you some more questions in the future about runDisney. I ran 5 miles last weekend, and it kind of kicked my butt, so I'll need some motivation to keep going! I'll start following you on Twitter! I wish you all the best!

I was at Target today too! They have some new really cute Mickey kitchen & bath stuff! I did not get any today because I already have too much! :thumbsup2

princessmorgan said:
I've been there! DH grew up in Page, AZ which is on the border of Utah and we both went to BYU.

You eat your candy! :rotfl2: I would have chosen Cafe Rio, but they finally opened one near me in VA!

Oh I love Page! Can't get enough of Lake Powell and Wahweap is my favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter