• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Post Dry dock Fantasy cruisers....

jujubiee4

DIS Veteran
How did you like the changes? Did you even notice?
Especially did anyone try the new ice cream/sweet shop?
What did you think?

*I saw thread about engine troubles but wondering about the things
they added/replaced.

Thanks!!

I thought it was meh. I liked the dreams Star Wars setup better. Although the marvel part is very cool on the fantasy.

Tiffanys didn't care for it at all no Disney items. I can visit the tiffanys down the street if I really want to buy something there.

Sweet on you, liked the ice cream but not real impressed with the decorations.

I thought the enhancements were well done. The carpet replacement was one of the neat ones. I wasn't sure I had ever felt such plush carpet underfoot before!

The wading pools on the family deck were a big relief over the kid soup boxes that were there previously. The hand washing stations in Cabanas were kind of a miss to me, as they couldn't seem to keep the soap in the dispensers. Also, the water temperature was way too hot for little hands. They did well on a whole learning from the Dream and improving on the product.

I thought it was meh. I liked the dreams Star Wars setup better. Although the marvel part is very cool on the fantasy.

Tiffanys didn't care for it at all no Disney items. I can visit the tiffanys down the street if I really want to buy something there.

Sweet on you, liked the ice cream but not real impressed with the decorations.
I thought Star Wars was better on the Fantasy since they had three flight simulators, vs, the single on the Dream! I agree that Tiffany's is a waste for us. A premium brand that appeals to others, which is fine.
I liked Sweet on You better than Vanellope's since the characters were more timeless. Funny how we had some differences!

Not to hijack the thread, but, did anyone notice if there were Mickey/Minnie caramel apples at Sweet on You? I've seen a few photos since it opened but wasn't able to spot any. DH is obsessed with these when we go to Disney World so he was excited at the prospect of having them on our upcoming cruise (since I believe Vanellope's does have them).

I've been wondering:
- Are the Star Wars/Marvel additions only for the kids clubs?
- Has a full 7-day Personal Navigator (for Fantasy after dry dock) been posted anywhere online?

:fish:

Last edited:
I've been wondering:
- Are the Star Wars/Marvel additions only for the kids clubs?
- Has a full 7-day Personal Navigator (for Fantasy after dry dock) been posted anywhere online?

:fish:
I don't think it's been posted online and don't know if I have all 7 of my days.
The additions are only in the kids clubs, but some of the programming they do during open house so anyone can attend.

Not to hijack the thread, but, did anyone notice if there were Mickey/Minnie caramel apples at Sweet on You? I've seen a few photos since it opened but wasn't able to spot any. DH is obsessed with these when we go to Disney World so he was excited at the prospect of having them on our upcoming cruise (since I believe Vanellope's does have them).

Not that I saw, unfortunately. Go to youtube and search "Sweet on you" as someone posted 2 different videos on the sailing after the dry dock. The one video looks at all the items inside the cases so you can see the names and the prices.

Didn't understand the addition of Tiffany's and Sweet on You. I did not see the need for those areas. The kids club additions were nice, but not as dramatic as I thought they would be. My son was not impressed. I liked the hand washing stations at Cabanas.

Didn't understand the addition of Tiffany's and Sweet on You. I did not see the need for those areas. The kids club additions were nice, but not as dramatic as I thought they would be. My son was not impressed. I liked the hand washing stations at Cabanas.

They had Tiffany's inside one of the other stores on board for a while. Obviously it was selling very well. Well enough for a stand alone store. If they had something DCL specific I would go look but otherwise I'll just avoid it. But it doesn't bother me that it's on board.

And Vanellope's on the other ship was very well received which is why they did the same on the Fantasy. I think its a lot easier on them than the Arrcade.

Just off the Fantasy on the Western Caribbean itinerary. Agree with other posters that Tiffanys seems a waste of space.

The Dr Strange themed Marvel room in the Oceaneer club is a little drab and not a patch on the equivalent part of the reimagined Magic. I have not been on the Dream but can say the Star Wars part was very popular with my 7 year old daughter and she loved the 3 X wing flight simulators and seeing BB8.

Sweet on You was nice but is styled more simply than Vanellopes (having seen pictures) I personally don't see the point and I never saw more than 2 people in it. As long as the free soft serve stays then I don't see it getting busier.

We had a great time but there were a few mechanical issues. The lift on the stage broke so they had to bump the stage show rotation around a bit.

Our dining rotation involved three evening visits to AP plus a character breakfast in there on a sea day. I cannot say I noticed any unusual vibration but this was my first time on the ship.

I think I have all the navigators and when I get them scanned I will send them to DCL Blog.

We were on the fantasy last week too. We had ice cream once at sweet on you, it was good but not overly impressed and never saw it busy. We didn't spend much time in the kids club so I can't comment on that. Walked by tiffanys a few times but had no interest in going in.

We were on the fantasy last week too. We had ice cream once at sweet on you, it was good but not overly impressed and never saw it busy. We didn't spend much time in the kids club so I can't comment on that. Walked by tiffanys a few times but had no interest in going in.
I'm disappointed in the small selection of ice cream sundaes (unlike Vanellope's). I was going to give it a try, but only one sundae? And it's $13?

For anyone off the most recent cruise: did they have the "Unforgettable Journey" farewell mainstage show back? I know they weren't performing it during Star Wars season, and then didn't have it on the first 7 night post dry dock due to Susan Egan. Hoping it's back now and not gone forever.

For anyone off the most recent cruise: did they have the "Unforgettable Journey" farewell mainstage show back? I know they weren't performing it during Star Wars season, and then didn't have it on the first 7 night post dry dock due to Susan Egan. Hoping it's back now and not gone forever.

It was due to be performed but it was the show that got bumped owing to the problems with the stage lift so they could still fit in Wishes and Believe.

We were also on the Western last week and I agree with what others have said. Sweet on You looked great and we meant to get there at least once but never did. Between all the desserts for lunch and dinner plus the soft serve we never really felt like it. The kids club changes looked pretty cool but for some reason my kids never really got into the new Star Wars areas. My wife visited Tiffany's and found a ring she liked but they didn't have her size on board (super small fingers). Bummer! :)

We had an amazing week overall though. The weather was perfect, staff was great, all of our family had a blast.

Sweet on you Replaces the arrcade, which as an industry has been in decline since smart phones essentially double as portable gaming devices.

Just off the Fantasy on the Western Caribbean itinerary. Agree with other posters that Tiffanys seems a waste of space.

I have not been on the Dream but can say the Star Wars part was very popular with my 7 year old daughter and she loved the 3 X wing flight simulators and seeing BB8.

Sweet on You was nice but is styled more simply than Vanellopes (having seen pictures) I personally don't see the point and I never saw more than 2 people in it. As long as the free soft serve stays then I don't see it getting busier.

I cannot say I noticed any unusual vibration but this was my first time on the ship.

Having done both, I enjoy the theme of Vanellopes a little better, but I think Sweet on You is a bit more classic and will age better. The few inside tables make it more soda shop in feel.

I agree that Tiffany's had little appeal to us, but we aren't the target market, and without a unique Disney or DCL offering in the shop, to lure us in, we found it silly. While we weren't the target market for the art for sale either, we liked looking at it. The moving of the Vista Gallery outside of enchanted garden reduced the overall art offerings, but at least it is still there. Similarly, we didn't spend much time in the Effy/Kate Spade/perfume shop. I know they get business, just not from us.

For us sweet on you/vanellope is a nice little treat that isn't a bank buster in terms of pricing. I don't really care for the dairy substitute of I-Scream.

Glad the vibration is seemingly fixed/better for later cruises as well.

It was due to be performed but it was the show that got bumped owing to the problems with the stage lift so they could still fit in Wishes and Believe.

Thanks for the update. Too bad about the problems, but glad to know that the show is still around and is planned to continue. Been sad to see that the classic ships seem to have dropped their Remember the Magic last night show.

They had Tiffany's inside one of the other stores on board for a while. Obviously it was selling very well. Well enough for a stand alone store. If they had something DCL specific I would go look but otherwise I'll just avoid it. But it doesn't bother me that it's on board.

From what I've heard from Tiffany employee reports, Disney merchandise is coming to the Fantasy Tiiffany store (in the fall, IIRC).

We were also on the Western last week and I agree with what others have said. Sweet on You looked great and we meant to get there at least once but never did. Between all the desserts for lunch and dinner plus the soft serve we never really felt like it. The kids club changes looked pretty cool but for some reason my kids never really got into the new Star Wars areas. My wife visited Tiffany's and found a ring she liked but they didn't have her size on board (super small fingers). Bummer! :)

We had an amazing week overall though. The weather was perfect, staff was great, all of our family had a blast.
We were on the same cruise. Weather was fantastic. Could not have asked for better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter