To Photopass or not to Photopass?

I personally don't think it's worth it.

If you are doing character meet and greets, there is always a cast member there chaperoning the character, and I've always found them more than willing to take photos of the whole group for us using our own camera.

When touring around the parks, I never see many PP photographers, other than in front of the iconic landmarks (castle, Spaceship Earth, sorcerers hat, Tree of Life), but maybe that's because I've never sought them out.
But again on our last trip, I found that fellow guests were eager to help out if they saw one person standing out taking a photo of the rest of the group. They'd come up and offer to take the photo for us, not take no for an answer!
And we tried to repay the favour if we saw other families looking like they were in the same position. A few times people actually just walked up and asked us if we could take a photo for them, and then in return they took one for us. Something that would only happen at Disney! It was so nice and felt like it really added to the experience and Disney Family atmosphere.
So for us PP seemed pretty pointless.

However if you (like I was at first!) are hesitant about asking people, or trusting strangers with your camera I can see why PP may be a good, if pricey, option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter