• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To photobomb, or not to photobomb. That is the question!

To photobomb, or not to photobomb?

• Age 18-29: Sure Photobombing can be fun!

• Age 18-29: No way! That's so rude!

• Age 30-45: Fun times! I don't have a problem with it.

• Age 30-45: Grow up!

• Age 45-65: Hey if its in good taste why not?

• Age 45-65: Don't mess with my memories!

• Over 65: Life is too short! Bombs away!

• Over 65: How cruel!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll bet Bono & The Edge were outraged. :mad::mad:

Sure. But how could you tell that from their normal expressions? :confused3

PBing strikes me as childish and apt to annoy most people -- I don't get the appeal. That said, I'm pretty good with PhotoShop so no one will really ruin our vacation pics. :thumbsup2

I dont personally photobomb... I just dont ever think about it! But when I get photobomed I find it funny! And I don't see how anybody wouldnt notice... doesnt everyone look at their pictures right afterwards now days? I mean even my 3 year old says "mom, let me see" right after I take a picture. I just don't think its as big of a deal as people are making it out to be with all the harsh comments. I've actually had a chuckle with a photobomb perpetrator... then I made him take the picture so I could be in it too. :thumbsup2

Oh, well then, if you approve, it MUST be OK. After all, we all know that everyone thinks the same way you do, everyone acts the same way you do, no-one in the whole world could possibly have thoughts, plans, or problems that haven't occurred to you. < / Sarcasm >

The terms repeatedly used to describe this are "self-centered", "self-important" and "entitled". Thank you for providing a text book illustration of these concepts.

Well if there's one thing clear about the poll here it's this:

People over the age of 65 don't care to argue in an online forum about Disney stuff. :)

If I'm going to be in the picture anyway (i.e. a ride photo or someone snapping a pic of their family at a QS restaurant while we're eating at an adjacent table), I smile or wave or make a goofy face.

If it's something like a family photo in front of the castle or a character meeting, then no, never.

I guess it's nice you are willing to exclude castle or character photos.

Maybe that's progress.

Well if there's one thing clear about the poll here it's this:

People over the age of 65 don't care to argue in an online forum about Disney stuff. :)

Exactly what I was thinking!! The wisdom that comes with age... I look forward to it! :)

I am taking my grandson on his and my first ever trip to WDW and I will say I would be pretty ticked off if my once in a lifetime trip was ruined by people thinking "photobombing" pictures is an okay thing to do, I think it's rude, immature and in some cases just downright mean. Its very childish.

I guess it's nice you are willing to exclude castle or character photos.

Maybe that's progress.

What should people do in those situations, in your opinion? Fling themselves from a moving ride? Stop eating and hide under the table? :rotfl:

I think people in the background of pictures because they are on a ride or in a place to eat is one thing, intentionally hopping into somebody's photo is quite another....

What should people do in those situations, in your opinion? Fling themselves from a moving ride? Stop eating and hide under the table? :rotfl:

What do polite people do? They ignore the photo and carry on as usual. They don't need to insert themselves into other folks vacation memories by adding a "goofy face". :goodvibes

If you're walking around the park looking for ppl pulling out their camera and you think about what you can do to get in their shot... You should probly grow up. But if you're there in the moment, and it happens, it could be hilariously funny. As long as it was genuinely unplanned and you weren't seeking it out.

Kind of like when a kid blurts something out in a quiet area and the ppl around all crack up cuz it's so genuine. But if an adult did the same thing in the same situation it would just be stupid.

100% agree with this! I think seeking out the opportunity to photobomb is kind of weird. Awesome photobombing happens spur of the moment. :)

What do polite people do? They ignore the photo and carry on as usual. They don't need to insert themselves into other folks vacation memories by adding a "goofy face". :goodvibes

You're going to be inserted anyway, whether you like it or not! I'd rather someone have a picture of me smiling than a picture of me shoving a sandwich into my face, and since it IS my face, I get to determine what it looks like. :)

As I said, though, there's a big difference between someone taking a photo that happens to include you in the background and you going out of your way to intentionally ruin someone else's photo.

You're going to be inserted anyway, whether you like it or not! I'd rather someone have a picture of me smiling than a picture of me shoving a sandwich into my face, and since it IS my face, I get to determine what it looks like. :)

As I said, though, there's a big difference between someone taking a photo that happens to include you in the background and you going out of your way to intentionally ruin someone else's photo.

Difference of opinion. ;)
When I'm at WDW I have a great time! I am busy enjoying where I am, what I am doing, and most of all, who I am with. I am very much into being present in the moment. :thumbsup2
I have no interest scanning around, making sure I look really funny/cute in the background of another groups photo. :goodvibes

I paid a lot of money for Memory Maker. I don't want photo bombers in my shots. Mind you, if we're standing in front of the Castle and people are walking behind us going about their business, OF COURSE I don't mind that. I don't expect the world to stop rotating so we can get a perfect shot. But don't be a jerk and throw yourselves behind us, making stupid faces or giving anyone bunny ears.

Difference of opinion. ;)
When I'm at WDW I have a great time! I am busy enjoying where I am, what I am doing, and most of all, who I am with. I am very much into being present in the moment. :thumbsup2
I have no interest scanning around, making sure I look really funny/cute in the background of another groups photo. :goodvibes

If someone happens to notice that their picture is being taken, it does not mean that they are not "present in the moment" or that they are not enjoying their friends/family.

If you do not notice that your picture is being taken, it does not mean that you are superior in any way to those that do.

:)

The OP said that it wouldn't be done to people getting photos taken professionally by the CMs. I know that doesn't excuse it for some of you, I'm just clarifying.

In fact, since you're getting nostalgic perhaps the younger generation is trying to tell the masses that this new era of capturing every moment is getting ridiculous. You should be able to appreciate the nostalgia in the protest.

I wasn't getting nostalgic, i was told it was part of the experience and I said since when? since it has been over 30 yrs and it never was. I love how the question never gets answered, it is always switched to something else. so answer the question.

the bolded is hilarious! this from the generation that got the term"selfie" into the dictionary or new word of the year! :rotfl2:

Coming from a parent....it can be VERY hard to have your child/ren look at the camera or finally smile like they are not constipated with so much going on around them. If I finally got my DD to look at me with a pretty smile and someone jumped in and ruined it I would be pretty upset. PB friends is one thing but I would never do it to a perfect stranger.

I paid a lot of money for Memory Maker. I don't want photo bombers in my shots. Mind you, if we're standing in front of the Castle and people are walking behind us going about their business, OF COURSE I don't mind that. I don't expect the world to stop rotating so we can get a perfect shot. But don't be a jerk and throw yourselves behind us, making stupid faces or giving anyone bunny ears.

I agree with you. And I think anyone who photo- bombs is both childish and very rude.

BuckeyeBama said:
Maybe we should all just try to have fun in our own way and try to be a little more understanding of people who go about it in a different way.

Part of my fun is getting and taking pictures at my favorite destination with my family. Someone else's desire to have fun doesn't trump my right to have my.own fun with my family and friends in that way.

I have no issue with how anyone else has fun, as long as their fun doesn't diminish mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter