To pay for refillable mugs or not ?

We will be there with free dining for 4 days. I dont know if I should get the refillable mugs for 2 adults and 1 child or not. They are so expensive, but I know my adult daughter will fill her mug several times a day. During our last trip I usually only filled mine at night. My grand daughter will drink maybe 2 mugs filled a day. Free dining gives you a drink with your meals and we could purchase them as a snack. The mugs are great to take home, then again they cost what 13.00 or 14.00 ? How much are they now anyway. I could just get 2 mugs and share with my grand daughter? What do you think would be the best thing to do ?

If you are using a counter service credit at your resort food court, you can get bottled drinks as your drink to take with you and drink later (water, gatorade, chocolate milk, etc.) then use your mug with your meal - it will save you from using your snack credits for drinks.

My only suggestion (and this personal preference) is that if you are going to share and one person will use the mug for coffee, is to get them their own mug - no matter how much I wash the mug that coffee in it, I can still taste the coffee flavor (which I can't stand).

I found it's kind of hard to lug around the refillables. I would love to have it with me on the way back to the room. But I'm not lugging that thing to the parks.

We buy a mug for each of us since we usually use snack credits for breakfast and we like to drink differently things. DH - coffee. Me - tea. DD9 - juice. Use again in afternoon if we take a break. We always leave the mugs filled in the refrig (mod resort) in room so we have drinks at night (bring rubbermaid containers). Sometimes food court closed when we get back.

After eating, we rinse the mugs and refill: 1 with ice, the other 2 with ice tea. We then fill insulated Thermos's (2). The ones DD uses in her lunch for school (pop up straw). We carry these in the park. We usually drink everything before lunch. Our counter service lunches comes with drinks - which I never finish or we refill. We refill the thermos's with any leftover. We drink these in the afternoon. At our TS dinner , we again ask for refills and pour extra in the thermos' (waiters will bring use more ice in extra glass when we ask.).

This way we have lots to drink, not just water, during the day. Thankfully we all drink ice tea.

I would only consider getting one if my room was close to the refill machine. I find it much easier to get a 2 liter bottle of soda from the gift shop, hess station or grocery store instead of going back & forth to the food court when I want something to drink.

We get them but we do the QSDP. But do we utilize them but not enough I would buy 4 of them. If I had to purchase them we may get 2 for the girls and that would be it. I could do with out one.

I don't really drink soda so I would get the light lemonade and mix it with water. IT was really to sweet for me by itself. The girls maybe used there's 2 times a day. Dh about the same. We did bring them to the food court and got drinks with them at dinner time. Then just brought the bottled drinks we could get with our meal to the room. We usually all just got bottled waters,Milk or oj. We will probably be spending a bit more time at the pool this year. So maybe we will get more use out of them.

No offense but do you go to every thread and do this?

lol, well, his/her other posts are either incoherent, or there's the one the one that gives a grammar lesson.:rotfl:The stupid popcorn smiley is probably their (or there...;) ) best bet.

Depends on how close you are to the food court (we don't carry them around). Also how much you would drink, they do make great sovenirs. We loved the design this year and when they used to be different at each resort. We buy them every year, I have an entire cupboard with Disney mugs in it!:lovestruc

Our last trip we were not on a DP and did buy 4 mugs OOP. I think we filled them maybe 3 or 4 times, I know once when my DS went to fill his on the way back from a park the refill place was closed, I think it closed at 10pm?(OKW) but I still think it was worth buying them.

I always buy them , as someone mentioned it does make a nice souviener and I use mine at home for coffee as does DH.

Doing the DxDP this trip but getting the mug and apps on that DP helped sway me. Good to hear all the DPs includde the mugs in 2012. Seems odd you do not get a mug in 2011 on all plans

Our last trip we were not on a DP and did buy 4 mugs OOP. I think we filled them maybe 3 or 4 times, I know once when my DS went to fill his on the way back from a park the refill place was closed, I think it closed at 10pm?(OKW) but I still think it was worth buying them.

I always buy them , as someone mentioned it does make a nice souviener and I use mine at home for coffee as does DH.

Doing the DxDP this trip but getting the mug and apps on that DP helped sway me. Good to hear all the DPs includde the mugs in 2012. Seems odd you do not get a mug in 2011 on all plans

This is the reason I am debating on the regular dining plan as much as I am. I want my mug! We are staying at Pop again so we get the mugs with the free dining. I am debating on going up to the regular plan for $152 but will lose the mugs. Decisions decisions :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter