To online check-in or not, that is the question....

Tinks "SS"

DIS Veteran
I have always done on line checking and have only had a few times where the view was less than great. We are usually not that big on view but I really want a great view his time. We are checking into OKW in 12 days ( dearly needed vacation) and are having some friends join us for a few days while there. Our friends are practically newbies so a great view would be really nice for them. Also, OKW is the only resort where I have struck out twice in the awesome View. Surely my streak is over wouldn't you think? Both times we were in HH area in building 12 in a studio and 14 in a one bedroom. We are not in HH this time. I'm really thinking to not do online Check in and stress the desire for a great view or do online and take my chances again. I'm leaning towards a water view with 45 and 46 my first pics. So, what would you do if you were me and really want that view?

Online check in has nothing to do with getting the view that you want. It's all about room inventory on your check in day and the proficiency of the room assigner.

:earsboy: Bill

Request canal view. That means you will be in one of 4 buildings that all have good views.

We never do online check-in, and have never taken the first room assigned to us :rolleyes2 I always ask what is available, noting which buildings I prefer, and even if the room isn't ready at that moment, if it is available for our check-in, I will wait till 4pm to get the view we want - we always stay for at least 12 days, and enjoy our deck many times daily, so we love a golf and water view. We just had building 16 on our last stay, and it was a gorgeous view. Also, building 33 at Turtle Pond has a great golf/water view. I'm sure there are plenty of nice views, you just need to look at the map. We have even checked into our room, hubby has walked right out on the deck, said 'nope' and we high-tailed it back up front to request a room change before we even brought our bags in. So don't stress about the view - you should have a say in where you get to be comfortable and satisfied with your 'home' view for your vacation :goodvibes

Thanks for the replies! I'm well aware that online check in doesn't have anything to do with request but was wondering if I would have a better chance getting what I want if I wait. We are now 9 days away and can't wait!! So ready for this vacation as we had to cancel our April trip to the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter