• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To On-Line Check-in or Not?

disneypins4fun

Earning My Ears
3 more days before I leave! I am sooooo excited. I got an e-mail from WDW to make use of the On-line Check-in. I use the on-line Check-in for my flights but I have been reading some bad reviews about On-line Check-in @ WDW resort like lining up at the Express Check-out at Super Market???? Is it better to or not? I need expert advise.

I will be arriving at YC resort early morning about 8:30am so I won't be checking-in at normal time. Some WDW fans experienced the On-Line Check-in line super long compared to normal check-in line and the complaint was they would have been better off if they had not done the on-line check-in. I know that often times the trip reviews are written about bad experience more often than good, so I was wondering if I was reading the few bad experiences while most On-line Check-in was great.

I want to begin my WDW Magical Moment without any ill feelings especially at the very beginning of my Dream Come True. :yay: Please share your expert advise.

we have used online checkin with no problems and it WAS much faster.

When checking in that early, I wouldn't even sweat it.

I check in around 10:00 am; and I never do online check-in.

I was first in regular line, there were three people in online check-in. I was done as the third person was getting in the online check-in, so maybe about six or seven minutes. We had multiple credit cards and it was still pretty quick.

We did on line check in last year and don't plan to use it again. There were 3 people using on line check in and no one in line for regular check in. It seems that all 3 people had some kind of issues.

We checked in at CSR on Labor Day this month at around 2:00. It took about 5 minutes, we got our room request and the room was ready no problems :). Before we went I found a poll on here of how many would do online check in and who wouldnt again and some question I cant remember. Anyway it was about half and half on good experiences and bad. So I just went ahead and did online check in. It was a good decision for me everything was ready when we got there :)

I was so happy that I did online check-in this trip. Why? Because a Magical Express bus pulled up right before us and most of those folks went straight to the regular check-in line. So, even though there were a couple of people in front of us in the online check-in line, it was much better than getting behind all the other guests in the regular line.

Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like I'll try the online check-in, if nothing else to let WDW know that I will be arriving early. There's always the first time for everything :thumbsup2

Now to pack! :yay:

Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like I'll try the online check-in, if nothing else to let WDW know that I will be arriving early. There's always the first time for everything :thumbsup2

Now to pack! :yay:

Good luck, it has been down for maintenance since Wednesday morning and "Online Check-IN TECHNICAL SUPPORT" didnt even know about it.

Online check in allows you to note the expected time of arrival. I think that improves your chances of getting into your room when you arrive early. We've used it three times and will definitely do it again.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We checked in at CSR on Labor Day this month at around 2:00. It took about 5 minutes, we got our room request and the room was ready no problems :). Before we went I found a poll on here of how many would do online check in and who wouldnt again and some question I cant remember. Anyway it was about half and half on good experiences and bad. So I just went ahead and did online check in. It was a good decision for me everything was ready when we got there :)

Just wondering ... how would online check in make for a "bad" experience. Honestly ... just wondering. :confused3

Also had no problem with online check-in yesterday afternoon (Thursday).

I've never tried it, but I intend to this next time we go. I've been watching the reports from those who've done online check in, and it looks like a good many of them have had their rooms ready for them upon arrival and long before the stated check-in time. While there's obviously no guarantee, it looks positive enough that it might be worth it.

Okay...I had the same question. I want to try it but my issue is that we will be arriving at 11pm at night. Is Online check in good for such a late check in?

We've done online check-in the past two trips without any problems, but I have read about them here. In the past, we had never had a problem with regular check-in lines either. But we've never been in a hurry- and if it takes 5-10 minutes, I've always just been so excited to be there and take in the atmosphere of the lobby.

But I have wondered- in cases where there seems to be several people in the online line, and none in the regular- could you just move the regular line? :confused3

We did the online check in last time and I didn't see any real advantage to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter