To MVMCP or not to MVMCP??

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
I'm mostly just thinking out loud here, but please feel free to chime in with thoughts and opinions! ;)

We did MVMCP last year for the first time. It was fun, but I can't decide if we ought to go again this year. If we do, it would be on 12/18. Here's the argument waging in my head about it:

*We really enjoyed Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas, and the parade and generally hanging around. But is it really worth spending that much for a parade and a show? We have AP's, so the rides can be done any time.

*DS really loved just being in the park at night and riding attractions in the dark. But, he could do that another night of our trip that isn't a MVMCP. On the other, other hand, that's a Spectro night, so it'll likely be more corwded than the MVMCP.

*12/18 is also our designated MK morning - not willing to change that one. That's a lot of MK all in one day. Although, we wouldn't stay at MVMCP past 10pm, so with a break in the afternoon, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

*We also have a 5pm ADR at Ohana that night - also not willing to change. Back to my first argument, is it even worth spending the money since we won't get to the party until 6:30ish and will leave at 10pm? (Last year, we entered at 4pm. Then again, we also spent an hour between 4 and 6 eating, so maybe this one's a wash.)

Can't decide, can't decide, can't decide... :rolleyes:

Sorry, V, no experience here... :sad2:

Just know that whatever decision you make will be the right one, because you're YOU! :)

I'm doing it again this year, but only because my DM has not done it before. We had a great time last year and enjoyed the parade, but it's my understanding that the MK has the same "vibe" during the whole month of Dec. I'm not sure it's worth the extra money for a parade and short stage show.

I would much rather prefer going to a Not So Scary or Pirate and Princess Party. A lot more candy and you can see the special shows/parade right around Christmas time.

Sorry, V, no experience here... :sad2:

Just know that whatever decision you make will be the right one, because you're YOU! :)
:rotfl2: Thanks for the affirmation!
I'm doing it again this year, but only because my DM has not done it before. We had a great time last year and enjoyed the parade, but it's my understanding that the MK has the same "vibe" during the whole month of Dec. I'm not sure it's worth the extra money for a parade and short stage show.
Yeah, that's the part that keeps getting to me, too.
How much is it??
Too much: $37.95 per adult, $30.95 child, with my AP discount and advance purchase. :scared:
I would much rather prefer going to a Not So Scary or Pirate and Princess Party. A lot more candy and you can see the special shows/parade right around Christmas time.
Ah, but my vacation dates are set in stone and, though we live nearby, I have the Seasonal AP, so no admittance during the week they do the Christmas parade for all guests.

I'd say heck with it and save the money. I don't even know how much it costs. If you had said that you really really wanted to do it or that Leo wanted to, then I'd say do it. But with the hemming and hawing about it, skip it.

I am also debating whether to attend. We have been probably 4 or 5 times and twice it rained so hard that it completely destroyed the party. I love the show at the castle and the special fireworks but is it worth it?? Right now, my answer is no. But, when it gets closer, who knows?? Sorry I couldn't help. Maybe, you could help me!!!! By the way, last year, the snow on Main Street was so faint that you could hardly see it. Real disappointing!

Hi PrincessV!! Remember us!? We met on the boat to Tom Sawyer Island this past May!! :cool1:

Anyway, about MVMCP, we went last year during our post Thanksgiving trip and were disappointed. I would not pay that much money again for a parade and show. Just my input on your thoughts.... Good luck with your decision. Have a great trip! We are going to try to go again in Jan. ourselves!!

We did it for the first time in 04, loved it enough for 05 and in 06 DH said we do not have to spend the money for it anymore. It is fun but since we have been a few times there is no need to spend the $$

Oh V I really don't know, would Leo get that much out of it at such a young age as it does go on late, also would he be scared at all? You know I'm doing the P&PP but we probably won't get the chance to go to any parties so jumped at the chance whereas you're lucky to be able to go when you really really want to.

Great help aren't I :rotfl:

Hi PrincessV!! Remember us!? We met on the boat to Tom Sawyer Island this past May!! :cool1:

Anyway, about MVMCP, we went last year during our post Thanksgiving trip and were disappointed. I would not pay that much money again for a parade and show. Just my input on your thoughts.... Good luck with your decision. Have a great trip! We are going to try to go again in Jan. ourselves!!

Oh my gosh HELLO!!!!! It was so nice to run into you guys :goodvibes

You all have such good points - I really appreciate you sharing! Sometimes I think I try to talk myself into WDW events/restaurants/rides/etc. when I know I shouldn't bother. I suspect this is one of those occasions. :rolleyes:

DisneyHolidayFan, great point about the rain! We had a beautiful night last year, but seriously, if I spend all this $$ and it rains, I will not be a happy camper!

I believe.... we shall skip it this year. And hit the MK the next night for Spectro! :thumbsup2

Well, my wife and I are going!!! Of course we've never gone before, so that's why we are going :)

Even though you made your decision, I will add my 2 cents:rotfl2:
If the only thing you are getting is the parade and show then I would not do it again if we had done it before and were not BLOWN away.
For me the decorations and overall holiday spirit and feel of just being there in CHristmas season would do it for me. If my kids werent begging to go then I would skip it, and do it on the Spectro night with less people( I would imagine less people, I sure hope less people for you).

I say No I would not spend the extra Money....Just go over to Epcot on any Night around Christmas & See the free parade & show @The American Showcase!!!

Below is from the Disney site & tells all that is happening @ Epcot for Free!!!

November 23, 2007 - December 30, 2007

Celebrate the holiday season with the characters, legends and lore from around the globe. Delight in wondrous tales and customs while experiencing the traditions of Walt Disney World® Resort. The signature events include a breathtaking Candlelight Processional and a special holiday-themed finale to the dazzling IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

Ongoing Holiday celebrations throughout the World Showcase featuring festive food, fun and entertainment from a variety of exciting cultures worldwide include:

* Nightly Candlelight Processional at the American Gardens Theatre. Revel in the joy of the season as you listen to an unforgettable retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir.

Shows are at 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.

Scheduled Celebrity Narrators include:

David Robinson Nov. 23-25
John O'Hurley Nov. 26-28
Neil Patrick Harris Nov. 29-Dec. 1
Dennis Franz Dec. 2-Dec. 4
Phylicia Rashad Dec. 5-Dec. 7
Steven Curtis Chapman Dec. 8-Dec. 10
Open Dec. 11-Dec. 13
Open Dec. 14-Dec. 16
Kirk Cameron Dec. 17-Dec. 19
Edward James Olmos Dec. 20-Dec. 22
Gary Sinise Dec. 23-Dec. 25
Open Dec. 26-Dec. 28
Marlee Matlin Dec. 29-Dec. 30

* IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: A spectacular light and sound show every night at 9:30 p.m. at the World Showcase Lagoon featuring a very special holiday finale, which includes the classic song "Let There Be Peace On Earth" and the voice of Walter Cronkite offering a special holiday message.
* Mickey Tree Lighting Treat: Join Mickey and friends every night at 6:00 p.m. to celebrate the exciting holiday tradition of lighting the Christmas tree in the unique setting of Epcot®, and enjoy a selection of international holiday music.
* Holiday Storytellers: Listen to legendary holiday folklore from around the world as told at the World Showcase by the legends themselves, including France's Père Noël, Italy's LaBefana and America's Santa Claus.
* Lights of Winter: A festive, synchronized light show set to a joyous holiday score, running nightly at the World Showcase Plaza.
* Epcot® Holiday Merchandise: Stroll through the World Showcase and discover festive holiday gifts for the entire family! Visit Santa's Village in America Adventure or stop by France for a delicious gourmet treat. You may even catch a glass blower in Germany putting the finishing touches on a seasonal ornament!

We went in '05 and loved it. We went for the parades, shows and special Wishes. We went in early Dec.and it was a great way to kick-start the Christmas season. We found that there were quite a few rides that weren't open during MCMCP and many of the ones that were had long lines, so if your goal is lots of rides with little wait, you may be dissapointed. (we were there from 11/30-12/4, so crowds were very light except for MVMCP which was sold out our night so our highest crowd levels were that and Osbourne lights.)
I think also that you can begin to see some of the shows during normal park hours starting Dec.15th, but i'm not 100% on that date.

After our 2005 trip, we said we loved it, but it was expensive and we wouldn't go again for a while, but this year my in'laws are coming with us and we wanted them to experience it, so we'll be there on 12/2.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip!

We have tickets for 12/18..it will be our first time to go and I am SUPER EXCITED!!

I posted another thread asking about the snow on Main St. Can any of you tell me how "real" the snow looks. I heard it was "just bubbles". If you have pics from the night I would love to see them.

PrincessV, I was nervous about spending the money on the tickets. My children are 3 and 6 and we have never been on vacation. I begin Nursing clincals this fall and I know that vacation won't be in the plans until after I finish school...so I took a leap and said go with it. I have read many post of people trying to decided whether or not to go again. I figure we should try everything at least once. I wish you luck with your decision!!

I think I would skip this year and maybe go next year.

We have tickets for 12/18..it will be our first time to go and I am SUPER EXCITED!!

I posted another thread asking about the snow on Main St. Can any of you tell me how "real" the snow looks. I heard it was "just bubbles". If you have pics from the night I would love to see them.

PrincessV, I was nervous about spending the money on the tickets. My children are 3 and 6 and we have never been on vacation. I begin Nursing clincals this fall and I know that vacation won't be in the plans until after I finish school...so I took a leap and said go with it. I have read many post of people trying to decided whether or not to go again. I figure we should try everything at least once. I wish you luck with your decision!!

None of my pics turned out of the snow, but it looks pretty real coming down...obviously if you look at a flake up close you can tell it's not real, but it looks like the same stuff they use in movies. Have fun at MVMCP!!!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter