To launder or not to launder?

We're DVC and stay in villas with washers and dryers. We don't pack many clothes for our Disney trips and do a load every day.

Really easy in a DVC villa. Put a load in before you leave in the morning and throw in the dryer when you come back for an afternoon rest.

Usually my husband does laundry. I moved in with him when we began living together way back in the day. He was VERY particular about how to use the washing machine. I told him the job was all his and I have almost never touched a washing machine since.

However about a year and a half ago on our disney trip EVERYTHING got soaked. I spent the afternoon by running it all through the dryer and watching it air dry while DH napped. So it evens out!!

We are staying in the treehouse villas - each has it's own washer/dryer so that made it easy. But we were already planning on doing it for our 7 day/6 night trip.

There are things that are not done on vacation
Cooking and laundry
Doing either negates the title of vacation, even at Disney
So no, no matter how long our trips are, we do not do laundry
Our longest trip had been 11 days

We always stay DVC so I do laundry. Usually, I do it mid week (most stays are 7 nights) and I always wash everything the night before we check out so I pack all clean clothes for the trip home. Then when we get home, everyone puts up their clean clothes!! I would not do laundry if we didn't stay DVC.

We usually go anywhere from 7-10 days. My wife HAS to do laundry no matter where we go. Normally, after the 4th or 5th day, she'll get the itch and go do the laundry while we all swim. The laundry set-up is located where the pools are in each village....very convenient. So we'll hang out at the pool and she'll go and come back. I usually help fold once she's washed and dried everything. She'll then wash the night before we head back home so when we arrive, we'll have minimal dirty laundry. Have fun!

I refuse to do laundry on vacation-and we are there for 12 days at a time. When we cruise with a stay beforehand, I ship the dirty clothes home before we leave on the cruise and then we have more space for souvenirs!

I don't do laundry.

We generally stay 6 to 7 nights.

I also don't cook. Unless it is heating up something in the microwave.

Last trip we stayed at POR where laundry was by the quiet pool. I did a load or two while we were swimming in the afternoon.

Same here. We always take trips of seven days or more, and fly down to Orlando, so my suitcase space is limited.

We treat laundry as a chance to take an afternoon pool break. If I go during a hot time of year, I find that there's more of a need to do laundry because I get sweaty more quickly. At a cooler time of year, I might wear shorts a second time, but not when it's hot. If it's especially hot and humid, I might change my clothes mid-afternoon (I hate wearing sweaty clothes!).

Luckily if using communal laundry facilities, you can do multiple loads at the same time.

We are DVC so we always do laundry- nice to come home with a clean set of clothes and helps us pack less

Before we were DVC my mom would do laundry while we did a late night or mid afternoon swim with my dad. One load mid-trip.

Now that we're DVC, we do a load a day. It works out great. Particularly thankful for that on this trip, our 12 month old's first. Loved being able to wash her things every night. She's a pretty messy eater :)

Do they sell laundry detergent and dryer sheets at the resort laundromats or do you bring your own?

We usually rent a car and stop at Walmart to pick up some snacks, water, and laundry detergent. However, they do sell detergent, dryer sheets, etc at the store and in the laundry room - at least at CBR they do.

I always do, pretty much regardless of the length of trip. I love coming home with clean clothes. It's just the two of us, so even on a ten day trip it's only a load or two to deal with.

When we did a cruise (7 days) and 4 days at the parks (before the cruise), I did laundry once (a couple of loads) on the boat. The problem with cruises is that we tend to bring dressy or nicer clothes that we don't always wear at the parks. For instance, we don't wear shorts in the main dining room. I am not judging anyone else; this is just our personal preference. We are engineers and can wear jeans and t-shirts to work everyday, so dressing up sometimes is nice.

Plus, I tend to shower more frequently on a cruise, because of the ocean (salt/sand) and wanting to look nice for dinner after swimming, and therefore, wear more clothes. I really don't care what I look like at the parks. I shower in the morning, unless we are doing a date night, and don't bother again until the next day. You can only bring so many clothes reasonably, so it sort of becomes necessary with a cruise. However, with only 3 days, you may not have as many opportunities to dress up.

I refuse to do laundry on vacation-and we are there for 12 days at a time. When we cruise with a stay beforehand, I ship the dirty clothes home before we leave on the cruise and then we have more space for souvenirs!

I did this on a month long trip once. We went to Disneyland for a few days, and then I attended a scooter rally in San Diego. I had to have all of my motorcycle gear (helmet, pants, glove, jacket, bags) for the rally. We were headed to Hawaii for two weeks after the rally. I didn't want to haul all of that to Hawaii, so we shipped it home. It wasn't bad, but I didn't get to wash it before packing it. The gear requires special soap, washer bags, and a gentle machine. So, it wasn't terrible when we got home, but it wasn't great. We had a washer at the condo in Hawaii, so I did laundry there.

I really try not to do laundry at WDW although I have done it twice. I use the trip as an excuse to buy extra socks and lingerie. I always put all my clothes from my suitcase directly into the laundry anyhow when I get home whether I have worn it or not. Vacation time is vacation time. I do, however, do laundry in Hawaii.

I did this on a month long trip once. We went to Disneyland for a few days, and then I attended a scooter rally in San Diego. I had to have all of my motorcycle gear (helmet, pants, glove, jacket, bags) for the rally. We were headed to Hawaii for two weeks after the rally. I didn't want to haul all of that to Hawaii, so we shipped it home. It wasn't bad, but I didn't get to wash it before packing it. The gear requires special soap, washer bags, and a gentle machine. So, it wasn't terrible when we got home, but it wasn't great. We had a washer at the condo in Hawaii, so I did laundry there.

My DH has sent me a "care package" of his stinky smelly bike gear many a time-LOL. He travels to the Mohave with DS and they ride off road bikes and have a good old time then send me their stuff to wash while they are still hanging out in Cali. Just love those padded motorcycle "boys leggings" as I call them-especially after they have been riding around in them for a few days in the desert.

Only do laundry on our 14 day stays and then only sometimes....unless we are in a one bedroom and have the washer/dryer there. Then I will do it more often.

I do laundry every other or every third night during a 9/10 day trip. I don't like having dirty, sweaty clothes just lying around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter