To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Wow!
FYI: I have to run 7 miles tonight too. Not sure if we will be running at exactly the same time, but virtual race? I believe if we run our paces correctly, then I have a very good shot at a second place! But first in my division. My hubby is running his 7 miles tomorrow, so he may beat me on net time though. Eh, I'd take a third place.

Twinning! Well let's see who wins:

Whose effort was harder on their 7 miles?
@roxymama = Tempo
@DopeyBadger = EA

@roxymama wins!

Who had to run for a longer duration?
@roxymama = ~1:17
@DopeyBadger = ~1:06

@roxymama wins!

So let me get this straight, you are running for a longer duration and at a harder effort level relative to our fitness. I think it's pretty clear who wins 1st place overall!

@roxymama
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

2016 Milwaukee Lakefront Prediction Contest!

Alright posters and lurkers (I see you! :sail:), let's play a prediction game! I want to hear from everyone. I'd like to hear your prediction for my upcoming Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon on Oct 2nd. Please don't be concerned that your time prediction will have much of an impact on my chances. I could run really well, or I could crash and burn. Anything is possible. I run blind to my time and this is my "A" race. I will be giving my best effort no matter what. Here are some rules:

1) Predictions must be made after this post.
2) Predictions must be in by Wednesday, September 28th end of day (Central time zone).
3) Winner will be determined by whomever is closest to the final official race time (so not Garmin 26.2 mile time). No "Price is Right" rules, which means you can go over/under on the time guess and still win. Closest is closest.
4) Predictions may not be within 10 seconds of another person's guess. So, no crushing someone's early guess with a +/-1 second. Although, guesses do not have to be within 10 second increments. Windows can overlap. Thus, an initial guess of 3:00:00 and a second person's guess of 3:00:10 is valid. A guess of 3:00:00, and then 3:00:05 is not valid.
5) A guess must be in time. Thus, a guess of "you'll do your best" or something similar is appreciated but not valid.

Some facts to help you determine my time:
Current Marathon PR - 3:28:35
Trained for a Marathon time of - 3:17:49
Workouts in July and September predict I'm capable under ideal conditions - 3:09-3:11
Current HM PR - 1:38:32 (per Garmin), which if doubled is 3:17:04
Last year I ran Lakefront as well,
-I trained for a 3:45 and I ran a 3:38:53 (2.7% faster and 6:07 under time trained for)
--If I did that again, that would be a 3:12:26 (2.7% faster) or a 3:11:42 (6:07 under)
-I ran in preparation for the 2015 Lakefront 839.3 miles and for 134:37:35 hours.
--This year I ran ~1102 miles and for 159 hours.

Alright, so let's hear what you've got. I'll update this post as frequently as I can with the current predictions.

*Edited to change window to 10 second increments prior to any guesses being made.
**Edited to add - Winner will win something (undetermined), but what it is will be determined by the number of people who play. More people = Better Prize. I reserve the right to make all choices on prizes. I'll try and come up with something after Wednesday, but before the race itself.

Current Predictions
1:23:45 Little DopeyBadger (GiGi)
3:03:33 @Barca33Runner
3:04:48 @MissLiss279
3:05:00 @canglim52
3:08:48 @dis_or_dat
3:09:50 @ebradley23
3:10:00 @Slogger
3:10:20 Jean (co-worker)
3:10:38 Mrs. DopeyBadger (Steph)
3:11:18 @ZellyB
3:12:08 @pixarmom
3:12:57 Julia (co-worker)
3:13:31 @roxymama
3:14:15 @surfde22
3:14:40 @cburnett11
3:14:50 @RunDisneyDad
3:15:00 @run.minnie.miles
3:15:45 @disneydaydreamer33
3:16:00 @LSUlakes
3:16:37 @gjramsey
3:17:12 @Anisum
3:17:49 @jhorstma
3:18:32 @FFigawi
3:19:58 @Ariel484
3:20:08 @cavepig
3:20:41 @opusone
3:25:00 Heidi (Sister in Law)

Last edited:

You've totally missed the most important part: what do we win?! Bragging rights? A monchichi? A would say a free personalized training program with 24/7 support, but you already do that!

I added an edit to the original post. I'll try and come up with something.

"**Edited to add - Winner will win something (undetermined), but what it is will be determined by the number of people who play. More people = Better Prize. I reserve the right to make all choices on prizes. I'll try and come up with something after Wednesday, but before the race itself."

2016 Milwaukee Lakefront Prediction Contest!

Alright posters and lurkers (I see you! :sail:), let's play a prediction game! I want to hear from everyone. I'd like to hear your prediction for my upcoming Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon on Oct 2nd. Please don't be concerned that your time prediction will have much of an impact on my chances. I could run really well, or I could crash and burn. Anything is possible. I run blind to my time and this is my "A" race. I will be giving my best effort no matter what. Here are some rules:

1) Predictions must be made after this post.
2) Predictions must be in by Wednesday, September 28th end of day (Central time zone).
3) Winner will be determined by whomever is closest to the final official race time (so not Garmin 26.2 mile time). No "Price is Right" rules, which means you can go over/under on the time guess and still win. Closest is closest.
4) Predictions may not be within 10 seconds of another person's guess. So, no crushing someone's early guess with a +/-1 second. Although, guesses do not have to be within 10 second increments. Windows can overlap. Thus, an initial guess of 3:00:00 and a second person's guess of 3:00:10 is valid. A guess of 3:00:00, and then 3:00:05 is not valid.
5) A guess must be in time. Thus, a guess of "you'll do your best" or something similar is appreciated but not valid.

Some facts to help you determine my time:
Current Marathon PR - 3:28:35
Trained for a Marathon time of - 3:17:49
Workouts in July and September predict I'm capable under ideal conditions - 3:09-3:11
Current HM PR - 1:38:32 (per Garmin), which if doubled is 3:17:04

Alright, so let's hear what you've got. I'll update this post as frequently as I can with the current predictions.

*Edited to change window to 10 second increments prior to any guesses being made.
**Edited to add - Winner will win something (undetermined), but what it is will be determined by the number of people who play. More people = Better Prize. I reserve the right to make all choices on prizes. I'll try and come up with something after Wednesday, but before the race itself.

Current Predictions
1:23:45 Little DopeyBadger (GiGi)
3:10:38 Mrs. DopeyBadger (Steph)
3:18:32 @FFigawi

3:05 ( tribute to Miami and Boston qualifying time)

Last edited:
3:04:48

Lurker here, but I have enjoyed reading your training journal. It has definitely given me things to think about in my own training. My next marathon is a week after yours - and will be at a much slower pace. I help coach a training group, so my plan for this marathon is to just help some of the people in my group finish their first marathon. Can't wait!

I'll be looking to see how you did. Whatever the case, I think you'll do great!

3:04:48

Lurker here, but I have enjoyed reading your training journal. It has definitely given me things to think about in my own training. My next marathon is a week after yours - and will be at a much slower pace. I help coach a training group, so my plan for this marathon is to just help some of the people in my group finish their first marathon. Can't wait!

I'll be looking to see how you did. Whatever the case, I think you'll do great!

:welcome:

Thanks! What marathon are you running? That's so awesome that you're going to help others meet their goals. That's so cool!

:welcome:

Thanks! What marathon are you running? That's so awesome that you're going to help others meet their goals. That's so cool!
Prairie Fire Marathon
It's a local marathon - and they always say that it's supposed to be flat and fast (Kansas). It does have some odd areas on the course where you turn down a sidewalk and run on it through the green space between backyards. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter