To Honeymoon in Disney or NOT to Honeymoon in Disney?

Ah, it sounds so wonderful! Go to Disney! Your fiance' is so right, you can go to Europe in 5 years and it will be just as special. I don't think you will feel like you missed out at all. It will be romantic and a place you guys already know you love.

Good luck with your decision, and congratulations on the wedding! :)

We also Disneymooned and we had a blast!!! There is a but in this, and this is that now that we have small kids, we really don't vacation anywhere else simply b/c in our mind there is no where else that we can go as a family and have as much fun as Disney! lol :rotfl: Getting away just my DH and I is hard, but we are planning to go to 2012 Olympics in London for our 10th anniversary. It's currently on our prayer list, and we're hoping it works out. You'll have a great time, I actually fell in love with WDW on my Disneymoon in 2002, and I don't regret it at all.

A friend of mine had her honeymoon in WDW and has been there many times since with her children (now 18 and 15) but still mentions the honeymoon whenever we get into a long talk about WDW. I think you should do what is special to you.

We didn't honeymoon in WDW. We went wilderness camping - 3 days away from phones, cars, people. We had been there before and have been there many times since, but I can still remember almost every minute of that trip.

Well it sounds to me like you want to go to WDW- and honestly that is what I would choose for you.

We went to WDW on our honeymoon and had an amazing time. That was where I always wanted to go and I wasn't going to let anyone talk me into what we were "supposed" to do (something like Europe or a tropical beach). Our honeymoon was perfect- and especially perfect for us.

That being said, about two years later we did a trip to Europe seeing Germany, France and London- that was an amazing trip too, but very different. It was slightly more stressful because there is a lot to think about (traveling place to place, eating new foods, translating) and it was an exhausting trip with a ton of sightseeing crammed in because everywhere we went was a "we might never see this again" moment. This trip was truly an adventure...and it was also the most expensive adventure ever:crazy2:, but I am glad we did it before we have kids because once that happens I know it will be a very long time before we ever do that again. And hopefully kids are the next step for us!

Have fun either way!

My DW and I disneymooned after our wedding in October, 2005 and LOVED every minute of it. DO not discount going into the parks as the experience with the Wedding ears is just fantastic, and the greetings and perks from cast members is truly phenomenal.

My DW and I stayed at the Contemporary Concierge and it was amazing. We are now DVC owners as well and are going for our 4 year anniversay this setpember.

ENJOY!

I would like to join everyone else in saying a Disneymoon is fantastic! We were married Dec. 20, 2008 and waited till Jan. 10, 2009 to go. We had the best time. We were able to have fun like a couple of big kids, and still have romantic dinners, boat rides, and walks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter