To go to WDW in September or December?!? Opinions?!?

Go to WDW at the beginning of September or beginning of December?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
September, depending on how early, you MIGHT get to see Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or the Food and Wine Festival. It is also around labor day, and hot. We did end of September last year, and it was still 90 degrees when the first MNSSHP parade kicked off, it was rough.

December as you mentioned there are costs. There is never a guarantee with any of the discounts Disney may offer. We also went mid December last year. I packed for cold (as usual) and it ended up mid 70s-80s this year (el nino they say). They had the Very Merry Christmas Party and all the resort decorations for the Hoildays.

Crowd levels were around the same for both trips. Pick what you think you will enjoy the most and go with it!

We go every year in September for our anniversary. It is HOT and HUMID and it rains almost every day. It used to be worth putting up with the weather because the crowds were so low. This was not the case in 2015...it was pretty miserable. We went again in December and crowds were low AND weather was bearable. I vote for December.

Thanks :) great responses!! Leaning towards December... Plus my birthday is Dec. 10th!

We've been twice in Sept. and once in Dec. with an upcoming trip this Dec. (yay). The first Sept was great, not extremely hot/humid and then the next one was just like a wall of pea soup. The Dec. we went was about 75 in the day and pretty cold at night ( I'd rather be cold than hot), but the decorations were wonderful and it really started off the holidays with a bang.

Two very different experiences with Sept and Dec.

In September its still quite warm. It tends to be slower, but that is changing based on what others have posted recently. Free Dining abounds...........if you can get it :) You could run into that darn crane putting up the Christmas lights on the castle........though that tends to happen in week 2 of Sept.

In December.........much cooler.........but not cold, which can be nice. You have the Christmas decorations up all over the resorts............and the Christmas party is in full swing. Since its just after the Thanksgiving rush..........crowds are lower...........but that is changing based on what others have posted recently :P

My wife and I have done both.............we preferred December because we love the decorations and the MVMCP :-)

Doug :goofy:

September is waaaaay too hot for me. It can easily be in the 90s every day, especially early in the month. And super humid. Yuck.

I'd pick December.

We like both times as well as early to mid-November. You truly cannot go wrong with either.
In September, we find the crowds lower than early December, but in December you get the Christmas decorations. :)

Like many others on this thread, we have been both time periods. In the past, early September was worth battling the extreme heat and extreme humidity and *maybe* extreme thunderstorms b/c you got low crowds. Well, not anymore. We were there in Sept 2015 and Dec 2014 and the crowds were pretty much the same. We have been regular September guests for years and in the last few years, the September crowds have just exploded.

If have not seen the WDW decorated for Christmas, you must go in early Dec. It's beautiful, it's heart-warming and it's classic. I loved it more than I realized I would. We also did MVMCP and loved that also.

Thanks to everyone's opinions I think we have decided to go Nov. 27th through December 3rd! Before all the cheerleaders/football players from Pop Warner get there :cheer2:
You are going to love the Christmas decorations! Have a magical trip!

Thanks to everyone's opinions I think we have decided to go Nov. 27th through December 3rd! Before all the cheerleaders/football players from Pop Warner get there :cheer2:

I have traveled to Disney that time of year. It is lovely!!! I will say that I was not bothered by the Cheerleaders, but my friend stayed in a value on her first night, which was the day before we arrived and she would join us, and she said the entie nigth was a misery. They were at CSR when we were thee and I must say that we were impressed with their behavior. One evening on the bus back there was a crew in the back of the bus, chanting A LOT!!! WHen the adults with them said nothing, I spoke to a leader and suggested it stop...there were little one dozing. THe leader told them to stop...and it did not stop immediately. She said she you have one more minute. And BOOM! They stopped but we're all taken aside after they got off of the bus. Not one more issue at CSR.

I have traveled to Disney that time of year. It is lovely!!! I will say that I was not bothered by the Cheerleaders, but my friend stayed in a value on her first night, which was the day before we arrived and she would join us, and she said the entie nigth was a misery. They were at CSR when we were thee and I must say that we were impressed with their behavior. One evening on the bus back there was a crew in the back of the bus, chanting A LOT!!! WHen the adults with them said nothing, I spoke to a leader and suggested it stop...there were little one dozing. THe leader told them to stop...and it did not stop immediately. She said she you have one more minute. And BOOM! They stopped but we're all taken aside after they got off of the bus. Not one more issue at CSR.
We will be staying at CSR I believe!

We have gone the last two Septembers and I would definitely go in December. The weather is so hot and the thunderstorms are a lot to deal with.

My wife and I prefer September because we love the heat and very low crowds - we go the very beginning of Sept for 2 weeks every other year.

Our teenage boys prefer early December because the temperatures are more mild. We all love the Christmas decorations.

My advice - if you love Christmas and have never seen WDW at Christmas time, do December. Otherwise, September has lower crowds and even the wet rides are fun because it is hot.

I would never suggest September. We went for years in September, last one in 2014. It's so miserable with the heat/ humidity/ rain. But we always did it for free dining and low crowds. But the past few year, the crowds are anything but low anymore. So we have sworn off September. We got free dining in November this year and it was our best trip yet. We were shocked how much weather plays into our trip.
When in November did you guys go? Trying to decide between end of September/ early October and sometime in November- thanks!

end of September<<< frequent
Early December<< frequent

September is free dining but December is cooler with christmas decorations. Hard to choose.

When in November did you guys go? Trying to decide between end of September/ early October and sometime in November- thanks!
We went thanksgiving week, but checked in the week before so we could get free dining. So we were there 19-28. We lived there years ago and November was always my favorite month. It's typically perfect weather. There's always those off year that something crazy happens though. This year the first couple weeks were unusually hot and the year before was cold. If you have the flexibility, I'd definitely do November. Look at the crowd levels in September from the past year. It wasn't slow. But then again that's my opinion, just have to decide what you think is important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter