TO futher rub it in to all my friends stuck in the frozen tundra land

Raulandpinboy

<font color=blue>Table-dancing auctioneer<br><font
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Floridians life for me!
It never gets cold that never grows old!
Strip down me hardies! Yo Ho!
Get into you swim suits and go hit the drink!
Its Warm me hardies! Yo Ho!

It off to Daytona with no winter coats!
We’re in a convertible the tops in the trunk!
Its warm me hardies! Yo Ho!

The windows are open we don’t give a care!
We’re all walking inside in our underwear!

Its off to Disney at all different hours!
With flowered shirts and shorts that match!

Let the Yankees scream its cold its cold!
The smart ones all moved to were palm trees are green!

An Ed original Yo ho!!!!!

We woke up to white grass, and the flurries fell all day yesterday.
They are talking about a big storm hitting us on Friday into Sat morning.
I think there is a large enough group of North Easterners on these boards to take Ed on. I think our next visit to FL might include a little trip into the ring for some toughman competition. Anyone want to sign up.
Ed, don't get your hopes up for a warm New Year, I am coming down and I always seem to bring the cold New England air with me. Peggie

Great now I will be singing this for weeks... Or days as I head down to Fla foe a week of training.. Imagine they asked me where I wanted to go... South Dakota or Orlando.... Hmm let me think???

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Floridians life for me! (even if it's for only another week)

Fine but you will never know the joy from the feeling of accomplishment when you clear the driveway of 4 feet of snow with your brand new snowblower.

Especially if you can pile it up on the neighbors you hate lawn - no greater feeling in the world!!

If you're unfortunate enough to have to live in Florida I suppose you need to brag about SOMETHING! The weather is always safe.

Ed -- JudySue and I will come to your defense (if you need our help)! BTW, when we sold our house in Northern Virginia, the snow shovel conveyed!

:duck: :jumping1: :duck:

About living here in Fl., especially Orlando....other then our great weather....I live 15 min. from Disney World, and get to go there almost every day, both for work and play... I call that pretty FORTUNATE :tongue:

OH Yeah - when was the last time you had to take the glass out of the storm door so you could shovel from inside to get out of your house.

Now that is the meaning of fortunate!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey all you guys from up north (where the snow started at 1 pm and is forcasted to keep falling through the night into tomorrow evening)

Did anyone read the article in the Dec Reader' Digest about the stupidest State?
Seems they listed the people in FL as #3. Wonder if that has something to do with the constant heat?
You know the way we feel when we walk outside after a snowstorm and the city looks so clean and sparkling. I bet the fresh crisp air cleans out the gunk in our brains.
I am staying here in the cold Northeast for a few more years and plan to soak up the intelligence. Then, when my bones are weary and I am losing my brains anyhow due to old age I will go down to where the heat can fry my brain. Peggie

Oh my, I'm sure Florida is a fine place to live . . . It seems to be VERY popular with a LOT of diverse types. I'm sure it MUST be the good weather and Disney World that are the main attractions! The rest of us are EXTREMELY jealous, I can assure you! Honest . . . TRUST me . . .

I'm sorry I have not had a chance to read this post I was outside tonight in my jeans and T-shirt enjoy the brisk 69 degree weather. :teeth:

Wow take a walk in that in you will live forever.

Sorry kids have to go now hot tubs waiting. :tongue:

I was just doing the same thing. Just out in jeans and t-shirt in the nice 29 degree air. Now THAT will REALLY make a MAN out of you! (Watch out for shrinkage).

It is a little chilly. I actually ran five miles this morning and didn't need gloves. Thought I better start getting ready for the Disney Half Marathon :earseek:

Peggie, I am afraid to ask. Was Kentucky number 2 on the stupid list? We always say "thank goodness for Mississippi" as they are ranked lower than us in education.

Maybe it will snow later today :sunny:

In Maine and the Northeast today , we are singing...

"Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!"

and "Walking in a winter wonderland" ... the REAL thing, not fake snow and fake trees.

I am looking forward to being in Florida / WDW for Christmas and New Years, but I still prefer Maine year round ( so long as we can occassionally escape the cold for a week or so in the winter).

Yo ho, Yo ho, and pin trader's life for me!

Penny

Susan,
Not sure where Kentucky wound up on the list but it wasn't in the top 4. Those honors go to Mississippi, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Floriduh. Ok, a little aside here, how many of you can spell Mississippi without singing the song and hearing Jiminey Cricket?

Ed,
I might make fun of you but boy do I need the palm trees and sunshine today. I spent all day out with dad and finally came home at 11 pm. Big mistake, should have stayed over his house. I went into the house and the dogs needed to go out. I walked out the door onto the porch, then took the first step down the stairs. If someone had a camera I would have won the 100,000 prize. I saw my feet go up higher than my head. Landed on my butt and bump, bump bump, down the next three. Hit my back and knocked the wind out of my left lung. Then of course being the dummy I truely am I stood up quickly. Went down again when I passed out. My son came to the door just as I was beginning my flight, so he helped me into the house. This snow is pretty for about an hour but I had enough already.
Ed, find me a house quickly I'm coming. Peggie

My DS just pointed out the best thing about frozen tundra land - no yard work from Nov to March.

Yep we just leave the leaves, they get covered by this beautiful blanket of pristine white. So while you are mowing grass in the hot sun, we are inside with our hot chocolate looking out on a glistening yard.

Hi Ed, How do you like this song?
A Florida friend sent it to me!
Enjoy

"WINTER WONDERLAND" (Florida Version)

SEAGULLS SING, ARE YOU LISTENING?
AT THE BEACH, SURF IS GLISTENING
A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT,
A SUNSET TONIGHT,
WALKIN' IN A WINTER WONDERLAND.

STORED AWAY ARE THE SNOW SKIS,
HERE WE STAY IN OUR SHORT SLEEVES,
YOU SING A NEW SONG,
THIS IS WHERE WE BELONG!
LIVING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND.

IN THE YARD WE CAN PLANT A PALM TREE,
THEN PRETEND TO SHOVEL LOTS OF SNOW,
YOU'LL SAY, "DO YOU MISS IT?"
I'LL SAY "NO MA'AM",
I'M FEELING YOUNGER BY THE MINUTE,
DON'T YOU KNOW?

LATER ON WE'LL CONSPIRE
AND GRILL SOME RIBS ON THE FIRE,
THE PLANS THAT WE HAVE MADE
INCLUDE SUN AND SHADE,
WALKING IN A WINTERWONDERLAND.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter