• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To/from Logan airport Boston

velrox

Mouseketeer
Any suggestions for a car service/airport shuttle from Boston suburbs to Logan airport??

Thanks.

depends on location....if you are near a train line, take that to North Station and get on the subway.....it takes you right to the terminal at Logan

If you are on the North Shore, or convenient to the 93/128 intersection, or around Framingham, or in the Braintree area... there's Logan Express.

For various transportation options, go to www.flylogan.com and click on the Getting to and from the airport link.

If you're in the Saugus area - advance disclaimer: this is not a recommendation, simply an observation - there's Sir Charles Limousine on Route 1.

Portsmouth/Newburyport, C & J Trailways.

New Hampshire in general, and northern Mass - Flightline vans.

It really depends on where you live? I live in central MA and when we use to be able to get a car service roundtrip for about $150.00 we would use a local company called Little Daddy. Most car services cost us well over $200 now. So we drive and park our car at Preflight parking in Chelsea. About half the cost and the shuttle picks you up right at your car and the driver helps with the luggage. We love Preflight.

I will second Preflight parking in Chelsea - very, very convenient and the shuttle always seems to be there for us before we even get out of the car! We used them for the first time this February and have used them three times since. We'll never park anywhere else when we have to fly out of Logan on our own dime. There's always a coupon on their website.

Another Pre Flight advocate. It is cheaper for us to drive to Chelsea and pay to park for a week than to take a Car Service. As stated there is always a coupon on their website too.

another vote for pre-flight. We also used to take a towncar or van service. Now it's gotten too expensive. We have used pre-flight twice this winter (once was actually yesterday) and I am very happy with the cost and how quickly the van picks you up (never had to wait more than a few minutes). Use the 25%-off coupon on their website too.

-Karen

Great info!

Question-

When you arrive at the airport on your return flight where to do you get the shuttle for the Preflight parking lot to take you back to your car? Is it right outside of the baggage claim area?

I will be arriving home about 11pm what time does the shuttle stop running?

Thanks

Hi,

The shuttle will pick you up right outside the baggage claim area. They have signs letting you know exactly where the pick-up area is.

Here is the Logan express shuttle schedule from Logan to Braintree (this is where we get the bus from). The schedule is the same for all stops, with the exception of Peabody. The bus run 15 minutes later if your going to Peabody.

Weekdays 6:30 a.m. - Midnight every half hour
Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. every hour
Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. every hour
1:00 p.m. - Midnight every half hour

Sheila

Depending on how many of you there are you might find it cheapest to get a private van service. We live in the Worcester area and if we have more than 4 people it is actually the same cost to get a private van compared to the shared van. I hate shared vans and swore them off several years ago when I got into the van at 8pm and was dropped off at 11:15pm after making 4 stops for the other passengers (it takes about an hour to get home without stopping). I don't care how much it costs. I just will not share a van anymore.

Great info!

Question-

When you arrive at the airport on your return flight where to do you get the shuttle for the Preflight parking lot to take you back to your car? Is it right outside of the baggage claim area?

I will be arriving home about 11pm what time does the shuttle stop running?

Thanks

Preflight runs shuttle back to their lot right outside baggage claim. They are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

The website for preflight is: www.preflightparking.com

People in my family have used Boston Coach (BostonCoach.com) and Boston Car Service (BostonCarService.com) to get from the Boston suburbs to Logan.

If anyone in your group gets carsick, then it can be worth it to take a car service rather than a shuttle -- smoother ride, fewer stops.

It looks like the rates are the same. $108 per week.
Here are Logan Massports prices:

http://www.massport.com/logan/parki_ecolt.html

The Pre-flight site offered a 25% off coupon (which makes it cheaper) but does anyone know if they always give you 25% off? If they don't it is no cheaper than the economy lot at Massport.

I have always been able to print out a 25% off coupon with PreFlight...didn't matter if I was flying out of Logan or TF Green in RI. And the fact that they have a shuttle that comes right to the car, loads your luggage on and off you go, is wonderful. Econony at Logan doesn't offer that. We have had to park in the nether regions of that lot and lug our bags to the shuttle bus area. If I have to choose, I tend to go with PreFlight.

I'm in central Mass and have used Knight's transportation to get me to Logan on many occasions.

If the shuttle comes to the car that is great - sounds like pre flight wins hands down. I am all too familiar with finding my car in the economy lot in the middle of winter.

From So. NH we used Border Limo last week for around $170 (not including tip) great service, door to door, no waiting. You can take the bus right from Exit 6 or 8 for real short money or you could look into flightline.

Do you pay for pre flight when you return from vacation? also, does everyone usually tip the shuttle driver?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter