To Early?

captinhookedondisney

HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE
Our next Disney Vacation is in the begging of of August. I feel funny starting to plan. Is this weird to start planning 3 months early? I usually start planning 1 month in advance. But I started planning 2 weeks in advance with my first planned Disney Vacation that was the best trip. Then I planned 3 weeks in advance and the trip just got better. So on my last vacation I planned 1 month in advance and was the greatest trip ever. Now i feel obligated to plan more cause the trips just get better.

If you are on the dining plan (and since you are going in August I assumed you were) and you wait too much longer you won't find anywhere to use those dining plan TS credits. Table service restaurants fill up. We're going in September and October and we made our reservations as soon as we could...180 days out, 6 months in advance. Otherwise you just might not get to eat where you want and/or when you want.

As for touring plans and such I leave those to the last couple weeks, but we know six months out what parks we are going to and where we will be eating each day. The DDP has made this a fact of planning...unless you are going at a very slow time of year, you really should plan well in advance.

On the other hand, I will be packing as the fellas are carrying the suitcases out the door so I don't do everything in advance! :goodvibes

Sara

actually, i think 3 months is pretty typical for any vacation if you want to be able to do whatever you want.

however, ADRs open up 6 months in advance and many activities open up 90 days ahead of time, so depending on what you're anticipating doing, 3 months might be a bit on the late side.

:lmao: Have you checked out the countdown threads? There are people planning for their trips in 2009!

You won't be there during free dining, so you may not have to plan as far ahead as others.

I, on the other hand, can tell you what park I'll be in, what I'll have for lunch and dinner and what my game plan is for the park 180 days ahead of time. It's a disease. I admit it.

It's nice to run into other obsessive planners here. When we arrived at MK at 6:45 am on 12/26, I looked around at the meager crowds and knew that everyone there was 'one of us.'

K:lmao:

Never too early to start planning! We are going in September and already planning our days out! Last year for our June honeymoon we started planning in January!!

I will say...plan,plan,plan :rotfl: its a rush of adrenaline until your day comes...
but don't listen to me :sad2: Im an planner freak...
adr's ...special events ...tours...ohhhhhh!!!! can't help it!:laughing:

I am planning for March 08 and June 08!!! Maybe a little early...NOOOO!!!:goodvibes

it would never be too early to start planning! its almost as much fun to think about and plan for a Disney vacation as it is to actually be there! pirate:

There is definately no such thing as too early around here!! I have been planning my next trip since the day I got home from my last one. :) Your trip is right around the corner...the time is now. Have fun:cool1:

:lmao: Wait...you're serious!? I planned our March 2007 trip back in early July 2006...8 months ahead. I agree...we're going the same time you are and I would recommend at least booking your ADRs. It's always nice to know a general plan of where you might like to go on what days.

Have a wonderful trip! Hope to see you down there! We'll have the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom hats!

Too early? No way!!! I started planning my trip over a year ago. Finally booked my trip last month when free dining was offered and mailed off my final payment. I still have 4 months left to go and I can't wait to get there.

With disney I think at least six months because of food. My hubby thought I was crazy the first time but thanked me for being planned one ce got there. I thin you almost need a plan to take full advantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter