• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To do or not to do EMM Fantasyland?

NYCANC

DIS Veteran
In January (so far), EMM is only being offered on Tuesday's.
I can only make it work on our last day. We will be at Disney 10 days (2 days at Universal mid trip).
ME should be around 1 so we will plan on being back at the Poly by 12:30.
Usually we take a later flight, but our airlines moved up the direct flight in the last year.

I am torn on EMM MK. We love starting and ending our vacation in MK. I love that we can get into the park at 7:45 and have fun until we have to head out. But is it necessary? We have 2 full days and then partial days in MK. But if we do not do EMM, then we cannot get into MK until rope drop and would have to leave around 12 or so. Guessing not worth it?
The other plan is to have breakfast at 'Ohana and have a leisurely morning.

Last year, we did both 'Ohana and MK but we had a later flight.

What would you do? Thanks!

Honestly, if you already have two full days and some partial days at MK, I would say it's not worth the cost. I'm assuming you will already have done 7DMT, PP and Pooh during the times you are already there. If you want to hit the park early, I would get a PPO breakfast at BOG instead. It will cost less, but will still give you a leg up on the RD crowd that morning.

Though call. We like to chill/relax on our last day, a slow breakfast, a last swim, a last monorail ride, etc.

But I am a huge fan of EMM, did it in July and it's one of our best memories / events in our few years of Disney travels. I will absolutely do it again on future trips.

I guess it depends on how much you're into MK. For us, we could go over and over and rarely get tired of it.

I would do it!

We went it the end of June when it was more crowded. I felt like getting there at rope drop was good enough. For the first hour, wait times were very low. It was great! I would go to your faves first thing, get fast passes, and just soak it all in. Save the money for a treat or souvenir splurge!

That is a tough call.

For what it is worth, we had 5 days in MK this past August. One of those days we did the EMM as well. We actually got there a little late for it, nearly 15 minutes after it started. We still had enough time for my DW and DS12 to get 7 trips on 7dmt. I rode it several times as well, and also got a couple of rides on Peter Pan, and Pooh, before we all headed for breakfast. Not bad considering that we missed the first 15 minutes.

We came away from the event feeling that it was well worth the cost, and there is a pretty real possibility that we will do it again next summer.

I wouldn't do it simply because of how many days you have at Disney.

Imo the EMM is really aimed at those with very short trips that want to try to get a lot more done rather than what they could do if their trip was longer. If you have multiple days at MK, I would save the money or spend it elsewhere.

How about EMM at Holly Wood Studios? Next week we're going to get our fill of Toy Story and Star Tours on the 12th. I'm looking forward to seeing as many different Star Tours combos as I can.

We did it last week and loved it. If your family loves 7DMT or Peter Pan, it's well worth it. We rode 7DMT 5 times in a row, Peter Pan 5 times in a row, then Pooh once. My son was thrilled being able to hop right back on the rides as soon as we got off. So much that he wanted to do it on every ride afterward and didn't understand why we couldn't just do that. :confused3

I think that you need to determine why you would be doing it. If your family wants multiple rides on those specific attractions, and if you do not think you will work that in on the rest of your MK days, then I would definitely do this. If not, then no. I would pass on it unless our trip was short.

I wouldn't do it simply because of how many days you have at Disney.

Imo the EMM is really aimed at those with very short trips that want to try to get a lot more done rather than what they could do if their trip was longer. If you have multiple days at MK, I would save the money or spend it elsewhere.

That's what my DH says too. As much as I would like to do it for the kids to ride 7DMT over and over, they will have other opportunities to ride it. I'm thinking an early breakfast at 'Ohana and get to the park around 9ish. Schedule 3 FP's early and say goodbye.
Now, we will see if I change my mind a few more times between now and then! :)

I think both of your plans could be terrific Farewell Days, and it's up to you to figure out what kind of morning you want to have. Do you think your family would be best served by keeping it low key and relaxed, not too much to do before leaving? Or would you rather put in the effort to get all packed up the night before so you can go-go-go the next morning and turbo through those final hours with a lot of last-minute, uncrowded fun? I'm a turbo type, in that I hate being so near the parks and not getting every last drop of fun out it in those final hours. (That means I also never do a non-park day. Even if we just go for the evening entertainment, if I'm there, I'm heading into the parks.) But I get wanting to take it easy, too, without the time pressures of such an early morning.
You should consider what doing EMM will do for your other days. For me, it means I am not using a FP on 7DMT or PP. Don't need it! So I have FPs free for other things, like M&Gs (which the MK EMM really needs to add, like the DHS one has). Maybe one of the MK mornings you have planned could be used on another park, or your other MK days don't need to focus on Fantasyland as much because you know you can have a big FL morning there on your last day. (Although for me, it would mean getting another round on some of our fave rides, based on some of the biggest, classic movies.)

I think both of your plans could be terrific Farewell Days, and it's up to you to figure out what kind of morning you want to have. Do you think your family would be best served by keeping it low key and relaxed, not too much to do before leaving? Or would you rather put in the effort to get all packed up the night before so you can go-go-go the next morning and turbo through those final hours with a lot of last-minute, uncrowded fun? I'm a turbo type, in that I hate being so near the parks and not getting every last drop of fun out it in those final hours. (That means I also never do a non-park day. Even if we just go for the evening entertainment, if I'm there, I'm heading into the parks.) But I get wanting to take it easy, too, without the time pressures of such an early morning.
You should consider what doing EMM will do for your other days. For me, it means I am not using a FP on 7DMT or PP. Don't need it! So I have FPs free for other things, like M&Gs (which the MK EMM really needs to add, like the DHS one has). Maybe one of the MK mornings you have planned could be used on another park, or your other MK days don't need to focus on Fantasyland as much because you know you can have a big FL morning there on your last day. (Although for me, it would mean getting another round on some of our fave rides, based on some of the biggest, classic movies.)

Agreed- we do not do any down days at Disney! We also cannot be right there and not go to a park! As I said before, we like to begin and end at MK. I think, for now, I am ok going after an early breakfast and enjoying a few rides and the atmosphere. We were there a year ago and I am guessing it will be a while until we return so want to get in everything we can but still make it a great experience for the kids.
Now, if Disney would just offer EMM on another day (think they have done Sunday's as well but not being offered in January right now)- then I might be all over that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter