• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Dine Plan or not to Dine Plan – that is the question.

Do you DP or not DP?

• Yes - QS Dining Plan

• Yes - Regular Dining Plan

• Yes - Deluxe Dining Plan

• No - TIW, DVC, or other Discounts

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
It isn't free. But that doesn't still make it a bargain in the right situation. As a PP pointed out this all depends on the situation.

Never said that it can't be. Your example is one. I paid $88 this weekend for a preferred building at ASM. That is a $17 a day difference with the QSDP added. Good deal. Moderate and especially Deluxe resorts with the regular DP the differences can be quite large. You are right. It depends on the situation.

I also can find a good meal at Disney. The thing I miss are the multiple specialties many of the better restaurants served. They are now mostly the same. It is rare for example to find lobster anywhere.

I also can find a good meal at Disney. The thing I miss are the multiple specialties many of the better restaurants served. They are now mostly the same. It is rare for example to find lobster anywhere.

I liked the lobster at Narcoossee's, but it is 2 TS credit. Of course, it is much better than the KY lobsters here. The ones at Red Lobster are the size of crawdads compared to Narcoossee.

I liked the lobster at Narcoossee's, but it is 2 TS credit. Of course, it is much better than the KY lobsters here. The ones at Red Lobster are the size of crawdads compared to Narcoossee.

Haven't tried Narcoossee's. Have to save my pennies though.

For my family the regular DP worked well. After reading other's post, it did seem like our plans revolved around our ADR times now that I think of it. That said DW and I keep receipts so we could price everything out and we saved over $350. Ultimately I liked the dining plan. However, I can see how it doesnt work for everyone.

I like the DDP. One of my boys always orders the most expensive thing on the menu and it annoys me at home but when he does it at Disney I'm all for it.

I like the DDP. One of my boys always orders the most expensive thing on the menu and it annoys me at home but when he does it at Disney I'm all for it.

:lmao: Remembering my childhood .....

Also, my dad did this the first time we went out to eat after DW and I were married. He was "treating" us to dinner, and just like he did when I was a child, he scowled at DW when she ordered tea to drink instead of water.

Also, my dad did this the first time we went out to eat after DW and I were married. He was "treating" us to dinner, and just like he did when I was a child, he scowled at DW when she ordered tea to drink instead of water.

Amen... I remember as a kid - my folks would say "You're not ordering desert, we have Ice cream at home".

I looked back at them and said "You know, we have chicken at home too..." :rotfl2:

They didn't seem to find it as funny as I did.

I would find this funnier if it wasn't likely that I will be the old guy scowling at his new in-law some day :laughing:

its becoming less of a value for sure

at one time a TS was appetizer, entree, and dessert!

really liked to stay at port orleans and boat over to DTD for TS meals.... but now, only Cap't Jack's is on the plan...... meh.

still would take the dining plan though... but plan wisely ie. a couple of signature meals (flying fish, california grill), le cellier for lunch, o'hana, tusker house, cap'ts grill.

its becoming less of a value for sure

at one time a TS was appetizer, entree, and dessert!

really liked to stay at port orleans and boat over to DTD for TS meals.... but now, only Cap't Jack's is on the plan...... meh.

still would take the dining plan though... but plan wisely ie. a couple of signature meals (flying fish, california grill), le cellier for lunch, o'hana, tusker house, cap'ts grill.

I think the DP included gratuity one year as well. Or, did I just dream that?

we like the convenience of the dining plan. Is it truely a money saver? we think it is because it allows us to dine in restaurants that we would never consider if we were paying OOP. If we were doing OOP, we'd eat quick service for every meal, if we didn't bring our own into the park, lol.
On our last trip we did the the dining plan that gave us 3 TS meals everyday. i felt that this was too much. it seemed that our vacation revolved around our ADRs. Next time I will try to get the DDP with the wine and dine option. if that is an option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter