• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Cirque or not

pewing

2Prince/1PrincessMom
My husband is set on seeing Cirque this time. What do you think? :chat: Two boys...9 and will be 8? pirate: pirate:

Is it really worth the $$?! :faint:

Our boys were 10 & 11 when we took them to Cirque, and they definitely enjoyed the show. We thought it was worth the money. But... if you're comfortable leaving them in DisneyQuest by themselves, they might prefer that.

Our only regret was that we saw the show so early in our trip. Most other shows seemed to pale in comparison, and we wished we'd saved it for last.

Our only regret with La Nouba was that we waited so long to see it. We live locally and it was here for about 4 years before we saw it for the first time. Now we have seen La Nouba about 8 times as well as having gone to Las Vegas to see "O" and Mystere, we also saw the traveling shows Quidam (twice with tickets for a third), Varekai (twice), Alegria and Dralion. After having seen La Nouba we have become Cirque-a-holics. We have all the CD's lots of the merchandise, we have seen all the shows (except Saltimbanco because it is overseas) and we have decorated out computer room in all Cirque souviners. I think that your kids will enjoy it, we have seen lots of kids at the shows and they always seem to love it as much as the adults. There is so much to see and so much you will not believe that a person can actually do. I highly suggest the show it may seem pricey (which is what kept us away for so long) but it is totally worth the cost.

I agree with L.B. The show is totally mind boggling for a straight hour and a half. I also agree with G.P. You should consider letting yor kids go to disneyQuest while you enjoy the show with your hubby. It is the building directly next to cirque. You'd be suprised how fast the show goes by. Oh ya, DO NOT miss the elevator ride inside DQ! Its so Disney. We took a quick walk through before the show. We didnt have to pay, admission came with our park passes. All in all, SEE THE SHOW!::yes::

I have seen La Nouba twice and I can tell you that you will see children of all ages at the show. Now I say see, because you don't hear them, they are mezmerized along with everyone else. My son was 5 the first time we went. We all loved it! We are planning a trip next Oct. with all intentions of taking the 13, 12, and 5 yr old boys. You will not regret it, I promise! Enjoy! :earseek:

I think you should go and bring your children. They will love it! My children have seen CDS several times and never tire of it. My DS is now 24 and lives in Boston. He mentioned recently that CDS is traveling to Boston soon and he is getting tickets for himself and his GF. You really have to expose them to these things early in life. I hope tyou have a wonderful time.

We finally saw La Nouba during our May '03 trip, and it was the best chunk of change (and it is a chunk!) we spent in a long time. Our DS was 9 at the time and he loved it as much as we did! That show is mesmorizing! I can understand why people see it over and over because there is so much going on visually. We are heading back to WDW in Jan and both my DH and DS are saying they want to go again.

My DD's been a Cirque fan since she was 4. She keeps asking when we're going to go back to La Nouba, and wants to see whatever traveling show comes nearby.

We are taking our kids (12, 9 and 6). I have been "making" them watch the Bravo channel programs about Cirque just to prepare them for the show. They've never been to this type of performance before, certainly not on ths scale so it should be memerable!

Dear Libertybelle :

We are planning a visit to the U.S.A next summer that includes ( among others ) WDW & Las Vegas , and are seriously contemplating seeing one Cirque de Soleil show.We are 2 adults + 2 kids ( 12 & 11 ) and can afford only one show.Would you recommend:

1) Mystere at Vegas
2) O at Vegas
3) La Nouba at WDW

Thanks for your advice

Zahi

I say GO and take the kids. My daughter is 5 and she loved it. She jsut sat there with her mouth open and wide eyes. We saw the show our last night there. I am glad we did. Like another poster said, if we saw it early in our trip, other shows wouldn't seem as good. We will go every trip, worth every cent.

I have seen it twice and the Cirque shows in Vegas multiple times too (not their new one :rolleyes: ) =O= in LV is stunning. If you have the money, it is well worth the money. Excellent show, not cheap, but a wonderful evening. Don't pay extra for tire 1 sitting.

Well worth the money. We are big Cirque fans. We have seen Mystere (three times) and "O" (twice) in Vegas and La Nouba twice. Very enjoyable. I think your children will love it - our son did.

DH and I have seen La Nouba 2 times, O, Mystere, Quidam and we have tickets to Alegria in NY next May. I am kicking myself for not seeing Dralion and Varekai when they were in NY. Our favorite was O so far. We hope to see O (again) and the new Cirque show in Vegas soon!

I sympathize because I wrestled with this same question. I decided long ago to forego Cirque during our trip this year because of the expense and the uncertainty that our boys (10 & 7) would enjoy it. But then just a few days ago I changed my mind.

Why?
-- I'm a big Cirque fan myself!
-- We usually go the second week of Dec, when Cirque doesn't perform. This year we're going a week early. So I don't know when we'd have another chance.
-- I checked out www.cirquedusoleil.com, and found that just-about-perfect seats were still available.
-- The show is 90 minutes, no intermission, which is good for children this age. It's about the same as a typical kids' movie.

Would anyone go regardless of sleep deprivation? I loved the show and really want to go see it with DH, but currently, our only free night we can see it is the night after MVMCP. I'm afraid DH will be exhausted and will try to kill me if I don't let him go back ot the hotel... This is his first Disney trip and I'm not sure he's prepared to do Disney like I do it! :teeth:

erikthewise:
Thanks for the empathy ;) I think we have decided to bite the bullet (or is it buy the farm? :rotfl: ) and do the show.

I am looking forward to it ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter