To bring formal wear or not to bring formal wear that is the question....

Vivig

<font color=teal>Addicted to DISboards<br><font co
Last year when we sailed we had one semi-formal night and one formal night.

My question is ...is this still applicable for the 4 day cruise?

I am sure this has been answered many a million times, but I cannot re-call.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks everyone,
Vivian

Hi Vivian,

We took the 4-day cruise 3 years ago, and there was never an official "formal" or "semi-formal" night. We did see some people in formal wear, but I think the majority of our shipmates wore "church clothes" to dinner.

I don't know if it has changed, but I guess I need to find out, too! I'd hate to be there out in the middle of the ocean, and find out there's a formal night!

:) Kim

We went on the 4-day last July and we had one semi-formal night while dining at Triton's. My DH and DS's wore dress slacks, shirts and ties, while I wore a long sleeveless dress. I have to say we saw suits on some men and some cocktail dresses for women, but no tuxes or formal dresses.

I just got back from the 4-night Feb. 15th cruise.

There is no formal or Semi-formal night.

We just came from a 4 nighter Feb 1st.....We had 1 formal or semi formal night at Tritons......I wore a suit, DW wore a nice top with a nice skirt, DD 11 & 8 both of them wore very nice dresses. We felt that we were dressed just right. Did not see anyone in a TUX or and Evening gown. Hope that helps ya out

The late seating for dinner seemed to be more formal. If you have early seating dinner leave the formal stuff home.Just more stuff to lug around with you.

On our Magic cruises we took formal clothes, but not on our recent 4-day Wonder cruise. DH wore khaki slacks and polo shirts (and a tropical shirt at Parrot Cay), and I wore black slacks and dressy tops. We felt totally comfortable with that. We saw a few men in suits, but not many. And no glitzy dresses either. Most people were dressed as we were.

I am a summer stuck in a WINTER climate. And I hate wearing stockings. I will wear pants all winter just to avoid them (too many years in Cali being warm and non-formal). But we were told by our Res agent that Palo is semi-formal. So I went out and got a really simple tea length dress. (short sleeved-but black) Do I HAVE to wear stockings with this? I got some new black slides to go with but they could go either way. Help!!!!!
:confused:

mickeygirl
Just wear whatever you feel comfortable with. Once you sit down at the table who is going to know or care if you have stockings on or not.

I noticed in your tags you had "Would love to have a Captain Mickey antenna topper"

Are those available on the ship?

I just had to replace mine and the DS told me they weren't going to be carrying them any longer and we had to get them at WDE or DL.

Thanks for the advice.
:sunny:

We're on the same cruise. DH and I are going formal for Palo. I asked the question a while ago and the general consensus was that not many people will be formal, but no one will look at us like we are crazy either. We rarely have a chance to get dressed up, even though I have a closet full of formals, so we are going to take advantage of the opportunity.

As for the other nights: DH will and our boys are wearing winnie-the-pooh ties (no jacket) to Tritons & polo shirts the rest of the dinners. My all time favorite article of clothing is the sundress, so I'm just having trouble deciding which ones to take! casual, dressy, striped, floral, polka dot...decisions, decisions...

Hi mickeygirl

Yes the Captain Mickey antenna toppers are available on the ship.
I got one when we were on the Wonder in January.

So I guess now the tag should read..........

Loves her Mickey Antenna Topper! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter