To break, or not to break?

Do you prefer a mid-day break from parks? Or do you stick to the parks all day?

• Mid-day break

• Parks non-stop

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyBugs

Mouseketeer **KUNGALOO
Typically, we're up and out of the hotel first thing in the AM, and pretty much close the parks. In all my visits to WDW, I've never left a park mid-day to go back to the hotel and rest or swim . I hear SO many people do this, made me wonder how many "go-go-goer's" are out there who stick in the parks all day in order to see as much as possible during visits.

What's your preference?

We stay in the parks all day. Depending on the time of year we may go back and get cleaned up for dinner, but that's about it.

I think that one of the things that would make a difference for me is what time of year. In the summer, I would definitely break - it's too hot all day long. If you go to rope drop in the morning, do what you want to do, go back to rest and swim, come back in the evening when it's not so hot. Other times of year, when not so crowded and hours are different, I would probably stay throughout, but, schedule something for the middle of the day to sit down and rest for a short while.

We always took a mid-day break for swimming, naps or video games (back in the day) and then went over at night. It worked out well for the family and the kids weren't too tired.

If it's just me and DH going then we power through and stay at the parks from open until close. This year we are bringing our 4 year old son so are planning on a mid-day break because there's just no way he'll be able to keep up. I've read so much about the mid-day break here on the boards and it sounds like a great idea to give him some downtime so he can recharge and be ready to go for the entire evening.

It really is nice to hit the parks early in the morning. We end up getting a lot done by about 11:30, which by that time it's starting to get hot.

Then we head to the resort for a swim to cool off, change and back off to the parks around 3 or so. This works especially great if the park you are heading back to has the evening extra magic hours.

We don't do this everyday of our trip, maybe 3 times in the week that we're there.

I am probably a "dream" guest. Pay all the money to get in......Stay for a few hours....spend some money in a restaurant and a shop.
And leave.....I might or might not come back at night.:goodvibes
Kerri

We don't take breaks - we don't have enough sense to do that. We might if we made it to the parks for rope drop every morning, but we don't. We tend to sleep in a bit, enjoy whatever we've planned for the day, and fall into bed when we've exhausted ourselves completely.

I like to take a break in the middle of the day for the kids to swim, etc. It makes us feel refreshed for the evening.

That being said, my friend thinks that is ridiculous. She has three kids also and they easily push right through the entire day through the night.

We take breaks whether we go in the summer or winter months.

Even as an adult I need a break from the parks. I feel so refreshed after words too.

In my opinion if you plan to go all day it takes careful planning and a willingness by your family to accept slower time in the parks. We like to approach it like this. We do all of the major attractions we can at rope drop and FP whatever we can as well before the crowds show up. We then have lunch (usually around 1) and take a slower afternoon of taking in the sights, people watching, doing the slower attractions and shows (A nap in the Hall of Presidents maybe?). Then we have dinner at a TS (this hour+ of time allows us to get out of the heat and reennergize). Then we go and do a few attractions we have yet to get to during the day, watch the fireworks show, and turn in for the night. We are a pretty "on the go" family so this is not usually a big deal to us. The only thing we struggle with is the heat because when we go in May we usually have not even worn shorts yet, and we get to Fla's 90 degree weather.

We like to do the parks at rope drop in "commando mode". Then we break about noon, get cleaned up, cool off, and return for dinner and the evening in "relax mode" with no itinerary. We're both teachers and go for 10-14 days, so there's no rush to see everything in one day.

We took breaks as just two adults when we went last time and it really helps. We went in September and it was very hot. We would be at a park at rope drop, tour until we were tired (around 3:00) or so. Go back to the hotel for a nap and swim. Go back to a park at night for the night time activities. This worked for us.

This time, we are taking our 10 year old niece. She loves swimming so I know we will be breaking mid day\afternoon for a swim break. I'm guessing she is going to like the pool at POFQ more than the parks. :-)

We use to stay at the parks all day, go back wash up for dinner and relax for a half hour/hour then head to another park. But we have a baby now so it's just wiser to go back early afternoon and let her nap so she is not overloaded. Her little senses can only take so much at 2 years old :) though, that being said she would nap in the stroller if we let her but not as comfortably as if she was able to sprawl out in the bed at the room.

Ah, the things that change when you have kids ;)

We always break go back to the Hotel and swim and eat. It gives the kids and adults time to recharge from the heat.

WHen our kids were little, we DEFINITELY took a break to swim and nap in the afternoons. Now that they are 11 and 14, they can do "Commando" with Mom.

Its a vacation..there is no reason to rush and we will still see everything without waiting in long lines. Enjoy the offerings of our deluxe resort and hop over to another park and/or dine for the evening at that park or are resort depending on our plans.

We're at the parks at rope drop, leave by 11:30 or so, go back to the hotel for nap and swim, then venture out when we're refreshed and close the parks (we also hop). That's mainly why we chose to stay at the deluxes; we know we will be spending at least a few waking hours there each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter