To book or not to book...help me decide!! PLEASE!!!

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
Its me, dh and DD who will be 21months when we travel.
OK, so DH and I want to do a "different" hoiday next year. Different meaning we have been to orlando and disney/parks for the last several years.
We aren't beach people, we like to have plenty to do and lots to explore!
SOOOOOOO we are debating between a disney cruise (7night Carribean) plus 7nights in florida, maybe miami and the keys, or a couple of beach destinations, OR going to california and doing san diego, LA, anaheim (disney!) and maybe a beach or 2.
We are looking to travel next april with very restricted dates due to me being a teacher, we also like to book early so we can sort flights etc at the best prices!
DH and I have discussed it ALL day and he has said its upto me! If I want I can book the disney cruise TONIGHT! its upto me!!! :confused3:confused3 Lovely to be in control but what a decision!!!
We have NEVER done a cruise before but after reading about the disney cruise think it would be lovely for us and DD.
What do you think? We want a family holiday so my DD will not be getting left in the nursery, we want a holiday that offers us stuff to do as a family!
Thinking after reading about it that it sounds like we would have this but please tell me what you think! is DD too young? Will SHE enjoy it? Is the splash area good? (I know she isn't allowed in the pool so kind of relying on this???)
My heart is saying YES!!!::yes::its disney, it must be great for kids, but there is stil the sensible head saying are you sure? shouldn't you do some more research? :confused3
I feel like I have read a lot about it all but its just so hard to know for sure, don't think i ever will without actually being on one!!
So please give me your advice?

the cruises are fun and as an apparent disney fan by your signature - i think you would enjoy. without doing tons of research it seems you already know that there is the potty training issue for you little one and available alternatives and you know that there are nursery/kids club venues available whether you need them or not!

only you know your child and your family but there is a reason why disney means family to most folks! if you have the means and the time for such a nice long, action packed vacation, i say go for it - it only gets more expensive as the time nears. assuming (i think) you’ve got the time, you could always cancel before the cancellation period sets in...

you won’t “know” unless you try!:wave2:

Since you are posting on the cruise board, you are going to receive a lot of responses that say go on the cruise! If you posted on the Disneyland/Sothern California Boards, you would receive responses to go to California.

I've done both many times and since your daughter is only 2, I recommend Southern California. Typically at that age, she is not going to remember much if anything so the goal is to give her the best time possible, in the moment.

The cruise is amazing but part of the experience (IMHO) are the Kids Clubs and she will be too young. I took my daughter on her first Disney Cruise when she was 5 (she is 17 now) and everything she does remember took place in the club. I'm not saying she won't have fun but based on my own experience, there is so much more to do in California for a 2 year old.

We did take my daughter to Disneyland and San Diego when she was 2 and she had an amazing time. Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park (she loved this), Disneyland (Cars Land is opening next month), Knotts Berry Farm, Legoland and Universal are just some of the attractions she will love.

Again, the cruise is amazing but based on my own experience, I recommend Southern California at her age. :)

Since you are posting on the cruise board, you are going to receive a lot of responses that say go on the cruise! If you posted on the Disneyland/Sothern California Boards, you would receive responses to go to California.

I've done both many times and since your daughter is only 2, I recommend Southern California. Typically at that age, she is not going to remember much if anything so the goal is to give her the best time possible, in the moment.

The cruise is amazing but part of the experience (IMHO) are the Kids Clubs and she will be too young. I took my daughter on her first Disney Cruise when she was 5 (she is 17 now) and everything she does remember took place in the club. I'm not saying she won't have fun but based on my own experience, there is so much more to do in California for a 2 year old.

We did take my daughter to Disneyland and San Diego when she was 2 and she had an amazing time. Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park (she loved this), Disneyland (Cars Land is opening next month), Knotts Berry Farm, Legoland and Universal are just some of the attractions she will love.

Again, the cruise is amazing but based on my own experience, I recommend Southern California at her age. :)

I totally agree..Wait a few years or more and you will all enjoy the cruise more:goodvibes

I vote go on the cruise, have a great time, take a lot of pictures, and in a few years when your daughter will remember whatever you do on vacation, go on another DCL cruise! We have had a great time on each cruise we have taken as a family.

I totally agree..Wait a few years or more and you will all enjoy the cruise more:goodvibes

Another one to vote save it until your daughter will appreciate it more.
Let's face it a 5' Mouse is pretty scary to a less than 2 yr old!
If you also had a 4 yr old then I could see the value in the cruise for their entertainment, nursery time for the baby and alone time for you.

If you decide to postpone and do re-book in the future, nursery time is a must until your daughter is potty trained and 3 or up IMO. Also being able to be left in care with other adults and children will be a massive bonus is you need some respite!

Ex Techie :)

I am going to be one that says go on the cruise! Sure, maybe your daughter won't remember it, but you and DH will! Sounds to me that you and DH are big Disney fans, so why not go on the cruise for you? You will love it! No matter where you decided to go on vacation, your DD won't remember it. To me, a DCL cruise is just as memorable for Mom and Dad, but will still have plenty for all of you to do. And trust me, once you go on one cruise, you will want to book another, so no worries about DD missing out.

We went to San Diego and Disneyland in January and absolutely loved it. There is so much to see and explore. San Diego not only has beautiful beaches, but also diverse neighborhoods that go along with them. The San Diego zoo is amazing. And Disneyland was magical. Cars Land is new to DCA. I would vote for California. (I loved the cruise we went on, too, but California is my favorite!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter