• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Book and Re-Book, That Is The Question

Doug123

DIS Veteran
My wife and are are tentatively planning a visit back to Disney World in the spring of '05 (I know, a long ways away). In the past, we've generally gone approximately two weeks after Easter. The weather is great, it's not Peak Season prices, and the crowds aren't too bad.

I plan on using our frequent flyer miles on Northwest to take care of transportation, and worry about booking resort rooms later.

My question: Am I able to book and re-book my resort reservations, without penalty, as better deals come along? We're members of AAA, have a Disney Visa card, and want to consider an Annual Pass for one of us -- all of which give different discounts at different times.

I want to keep all my options open. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Originally posted by Doug123
My wife and are are tentatively planning a visit back to Disney World in the spring of '05 (I know, a long ways away). In the past, we've generally gone approximately two weeks after Easter. The weather is great, it's not Peak Season prices, and the crowds aren't too bad.

I plan on using our frequent flyer miles on Northwest to take care of transportation, and worry about booking resort rooms later.

My question: Am I able to book and re-book my resort reservations, without penalty, as better deals come along? We're members of AAA, have a Disney Visa card, and want to consider an Annual Pass for one of us -- all of which give different discounts at different times.

I want to keep all my options open. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

What I've heard is that one may book a room, then when a code comes out, apply the code and reduce the price.

OTOH, last night I called to make a 1-night ressie at Pop Century for our late arrival night (checking in at our DVC room the next day). The CRO CM said that there are currently no AP discounts, and "if a discount becomes available, you can call back and try to apply it". Didn't sound too hopeful to me, though I do plan to do it.

If I were planning a longer stay (non-DVC), I would try Dreams Unlimited... I've heard that they are great about coordinating the applying of new codes for reduced rates.

HTH - have fun planning!

You can definitely book and and rebook at discounts as many times as necessary to get the best rate. As long as there are rooms available at the discounted rate you would have no problem. We did it just last year. Booked at rack rates and rebooked at discount package rate.

Also, if an AP rate comes out that is better than anything else, you can book with the AP rate and then buy the AP. You don't have to have an AP when you book, you just have to have it when you check in.

Doug123--We have had our travel agent (she's super & specializes in WDW travel) already book our Dec 04 Poly LVC trip. Right now, we have room rates using our AAA card but if/when an AP rate (assuming one won't pop up till sometime next fall) goes into effect before our trip, our travel agent will automatically switch us over to the lower rate. We also decided in early October of this year to head down to WDW during the 2nd week of December. My parents have a really nice travel travel so we got ressies for FW campground (we were trying to go the cheapest route possible but yet still be on WDW property). We then decided we would rather stay in the FW cabins but only if we could get an AP rate. Of course, at such a late date, none were available. But like I said earlier, our travel agent (who had just spent an entire week at WDW for training) was on the phone on a SUNDAY morning about 2 weeks ago and lucked up on a FW cabin WITH an AP rate....:Pinkbounc Needless to say, we were thrilled. My suggestion to you is to go thru a travel agent & let them keep an eye on the everchanging rates. I would be happy to give you the name/email of our travel agent. Just email me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter