To be a princess or not

DisneyShaw

Earning My Ears
Ok so we are about to embark on our first Disney trips with dd1 (6) and dd2 (4) and the just love the princesses. Our plan was to hit MK the first day and go straight to the tent to get in line for signatures. We do have a princess breakfast the next day at Epcot. So the question is, should we skip the lines in MK and just hope to see them at the breakfast or, given that they are princess obsessed do both. if we do both though, I assume that they are "different" princesses in both and I am wondering if that will cause confusion if they are not the same.

OK and finally if it was up to my girls they would be wearing their princess dresses to the park every day. So far I have said that we will only wear them to the princess breakfast, but what does everybody else do? I am worried that they will be hot and eventually rip those dresses just running around the park.

Thanks for any tips, suggestions.

I always brought other clothes in the backpack in case my DD wanted to change from the Princess dress, but she never wanted to! Even in the heat! Since you are seeing Princesses at the breakfast, I wouldn't wait longer than 15 minutes for Princesses in MK.

We ate in Cinderella's Castle on our last trip so I decided to skip the princess tent and just do the fairy tent. I wish we would have gone in to see the princesses.
My reasons are
No table and food in the pictures
Belle in her yellow dress...she only wore her blue dress with white apron at the Castle
Little more face time with princesses in the tent (so I have read)

We did go and see Ariel in her grotto

We are going back next summer and will do breakfast at Epcot with the princesses AND go see them in the tent

Hope this helps!

First, have a wonderful trip! and get lots of photos of your daughters enjoying the park!

Second, check when the Princess meet and greet opens on the day you are in the park. It will likely be a hour after the park opens. So you'll likely want to go to Fantasyland first, hit several rides, then see the Princesses when they open.

If your daughters like Princesses, definitely go to both the Meet and Greet and the Breakfast the next day. The Princesses at both will be random and likely different.

If the "same but different Princess" is in both places, your daughters will not notice at all. They will just be so excited. My daughters 9,7,4,3 have never said anything about it, even when looking at all of the photos months later.

And in the rare event that one of your daughters says a Princess looks different, you say "She has different make-up on".

Enjoy!

On our most recent trip (just got back 10/3) we were told by one of the waitresses in Norway that the princesses were now fixed for the meals. I don't know if it's true but we had breakfast there twice and did indeed see the same princesses each time.

They were

Belle (yellow dress greeter)
Cinderella
Ariel
Snow White
Aurora

If I were you I'd start with Ariel as a mermaid (Ariel's grotto) since she's a human at breakfast. Then hit the tent. Chances are the princesses in the tent will be the same as the ones at breakfast but it is fun to have one on one time with them without the whole breakfast thing going on.

dd age 9 still likes to dress up in her princess (and fairy) outfits. We always pack a change of clothes in the backpack so she can change when she gets hot. Normally she doesn't change but this trip was SO humid she did!

Have fun!

Take those princess loving girls to every princess they can find! Last year was my then DD 4.5's first trip and we refered to her as our "Princess Groupie". 1st thing we did when we got in town was head to MK where we of course went to see Mickey and Minnie first and then to the Princess Meet and Great. The time each princess took with my daughter was time we couldn't get anywhere else. And the photopass photographers got some wonderful pictures. We had a princess lunch the next day and then a princess breakfast on the 3rd. We say Belle and Snow White just hanging out in EPCOT...that child never got tired of seeing the princesses! She also wore her princess dresses on most days - but I always carried a change of clothes/shoes in case she got uncomfortable. I don't believe we will ever have another trip that was as special as my daughters 1st and by the time we get back she will probably not be so "believing". She never noticed they looked a little different each time we saw them either.

Go to the dinner at 1900 Park Faire with the Cinderella Family...it is hysterical! And the Princess breakfast is very good too, because they come stop by your table.

I would not wait in line at all....that line can suddenly spring up and grow to an hour wait without you even realizing it.

We also saw Belle (France) and Snow White (Germany) and Jasmine (Morocco) in Epcot...beware the line, when the princess goes on a break and you're left there.

DD4 is a Princess Fanatic/Groupie/Obsessed and we wear a princess dress almost every day to the park. We go in Dec, and wear leggings and a shirt under the dress, so if she gets tired of wearing it, we roll it up in the backpack and continue on.

At DisneyParis, DD didn't even blink when each Princess spoke English with a different accent (French, British, American, Italian I think) but I do remember a Belle that remembered HER from a morning meet and greet into an afternoon princess lunch. I was so impressed with that!

Thank you all so much for your replies, we will definitely do both the tent and the breakfast. But since most of you replied that your girls wore their dresses on most days, do we need to bring more than one dress up outfit? Also, will it look really silly for them to wear sneakers with the dresses. Their fancy shoes are just not comfortable enough to run around the park in.

Sneakers are fine for your DDs to wear. My DD wore her dressy shoes when we did the BBB, but that lasted about twenty minutes and out came the sneakers!!!

Is it in your budget to do the BBB? This was the absolute best money we have ever spent. Our DD was five and we did the BBB in DTD, then had the Princess lunch in Norway. It still brings tears to my eyes when I remember my DD becoming a princess and getting her crown. Just the most wonderful time.

And I agree with the other posters. Let your DDs see and be with the as many princesses in as many locations as you can handle. They will love it and so will you.

Will your girls have autograph books? We used the pink princess one that has room for a photo to be put in after. It is my DD favorite keepsake from that trip. Yes, we did see different versions of the same princess and the only thing my DD has ever said is to comment that her handwriting changed a bit!!! My responce was that maybe her hand was sore from signing all day long!!

My DD wore the same princess gown three different times on our last trip. She had no problem not having a different dress for each day and she did change after about four to five hours of wearing it.

Have a fantastic time!!

Suz

since most of you replied that your girls wore their dresses on most days, do we need to bring more than one dress up outfit? Also, will it look really silly for them to wear sneakers with the dresses.

To us, being able to wear a princess dress all day is a rare-once-in-a-while thing, and Disney is a chance for her to indulge in this. DD has a few princess dresses, we'll bring along a couple of the most comfortable ones for our week-long trip, but they will not be her only attire for the week. I do suggest having a change of clothes on hand for any of the many reasons a princess dress might need abandoning...

As for shoes - I say go practical! DD usually wears crocs when there, but sneakers will be in the mix this time too. As long as DD doesn't mind having practical shoes with her "not usually worn in public dress", there's no reason that I can think of to worry about "if it looks silly"!

so almost anything goes for us. If our DD wanted to wear princess dresses every day - we'd let her. Especially now that she's rapidly leaving the princesses behind for Hannah M, Zac and Cody, and various other Disney hooligans.

Having said that - when she did wear her dresses to the parks, we were usually able to throw her clothes on underneath. Made the change when she got sick of the dress easier.

This is the perfect princess age! Do all the princess things you can!

I always take a change of clothes with me for the girls - or they are wearing their clothes under their princess dress. Sometimes they keep them on all day - sometimes they want to change. I'm prepared for either one - they decide.

One day - DD7 was in her Mulan outfit for breakfast in Norway, but we didn't see Mulan there. Later in the morning she changed. As we went through China that afternoon, we saw Mulan - she grabbed the dress and threw it on before getting in line to meet Mulan (who gave her a big lipstick smooch on the cheek for wearing her outfit!)

I'm a big advocate of comfy shoes at all times. Nothing ruins a day like blisters on the feet! So I always insist on tennis shoes for the girls, even with their princess dresses.

And, yes, sometimes the dresses get ripped or spilled on - but the memories of being a princess all day are worth all of it. The memories last way longer!

Thank you thank you for all your replies,
Dh just brought up last night that now he might want to go to MNSSHP as well so, if we do that, are the princesses there as well and if they are should we skip seeing them in the morning (or evening) and just pick one since it will be the same location? Grr, he needs to stop changing the itinerary on my ,we will never get this trip finalized at this rate :-)

Will your girls have autograph books? We used the pink princess one that has room for a photo to be put in after. It is my DD favorite keepsake from that trip. Yes, we did see different versions of the same princess and the only thing my DD has ever said is to comment that her handwriting changed a bit!!! My responce was that maybe her hand was sore from signing all day long!!

Sorry to hijack your thread but where did you get this autograph book? It sounds perfect!

We went to the MNSSHP on the 25th and we saw most of the princesses. The most memorable one was the Snow White meet-n-great as she had all of the 7 dwarfs with her. That wait can be a bit long so be ready for that.

I would go to the tent. Last january when we were there, the princess line wasn't too bad - most people were in line for the Fairies. You get better poses in the tent than at a meal. At the princess meal, you get cups and stuff in the way, and I had one visit to the Castle where there was a window behind the princesses and all my pictures came out bad. You have more time in the tent to get a good picture, and there's Photopass photographers there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter