• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To anyone thinking of using rebooking credit for the Med cruises:

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Last night I had the brillian idea to change our cruise date from this August, to one of the Med repo cruises next year, and by doing this, we'd be able to use the onboard rebooking 10% discount we had gotten, and the $200 credit. Well, thanks to lbgraves last night in chat, she told me that when the west coast and Panama Canal cruises were being booked, DCL did not allow anyone to use any of the onboard discounts.

So, I just called my TA and they told me that they are strongly assuming that the same will hold true for any "special" cruises that the Magic may be sailing next year.

So, there goes my theory of saving a lot on a Med repo cruise! :crazy2: LOL Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else was considering doing this too.

When we rebooked on board during our west coast cruise, Danielle also told us that the $200 on-board credit would not apply if there were any specialty cruises - there was talk at the time regarding the med. cruise also.

During our west coast cruise Danielle in onboard rebooking sales confirmed with me that the discount and OBC cannot be used for special sailings. Although we were able to use it for our double dip cruise...guess they don't consider those special sailings?!

Lisa

this is off topic but does anyone know if there's any vaccinations (shots) visitors need to get before visiting ports on the Med cruise??

I managed to get the onboard credit transfered to the Aug Repo Cruise. Maybe they aren't going to allow it this time (wouldn't surprise me) but I definately did it last time. I'm hoping to rebook in Jan...if they won't let me use it for the summer special cruise, I'll either cancel or transfer it to a normal cruise.

Jess

Sorry that this was the case. Like I said in chat, I thought that I remembered people being very upset about that...but of course like anything else, there were people who were able to transfer it. I believe that the confussion was due to the speed with which those cruises booked. The rates were going up by the hour!!!

Yes we were able to also book onboard last Dec-
Christmas cruise for west coast with the discount and credit BUT I think that may have been only after the initial release and there were still many openings. (why give a discount if you sell out the ship without doing that). By the time those discounts were offered to us the sell of those cabins was old.They did not sell out as DCL anticipated. I bet it will be a wait and see thing too. Probably based upon response from all of us fanatical cruisers. Maybe we should boycott and they will have to give it to us. ------No I guess that won't work because think of all the new markets they will create with thousends of future hooked fans.

on the special cruises later this year 10 day/11 day on the wonder i thought they did not give you any discount but you could get $500 room credit if you made a ressie on board.....can anyone confirm this? :confused3

txaggie94gigem said:
on the special cruises later this year 10 day/11 day on the wonder i thought they did not give you any discount but you could get $500 room credit if you made a ressie on board.....can anyone confirm this? :confused3
Yes, we were on the Aug repo cruise and rebooked while onboard for the 10 day cruise this Sept and we got the $500 stateroom credit but no 10% discount. For the 11 night Sept cruise the stateroom credit was $250, not $500.

We were told if we moved our ressie to 2007 more than likely the 10% discount would not be applicable to any special itineraries, and the stateroom credit would only be "what's offered as onboard rebooking at the time."

So if they don't offer the credit if you rebook onboard, then moving your ressie won't get you the credit either.

Yeah, I was hoping for this too and asked Danielle when we were on board a month ago, but what everyone else said is true. They don't offer it on special sailings, unless time comes closer and they need to fill the ship up like the 10 and 11 day souther carribean cruises...I am sure if it is the Meditteranean, it will fill up as fast as the Repo cruise, so no need to do any incentives...

SeaSpray said:
Last night I had the brillian idea to change our cruise date from this August, to one of the Med repo cruises next year, and by doing this, we'd be able to use the onboard rebooking 10% discount we had gotten, and the $200 credit. Well, thanks to lbgraves last night in chat, she told me that when the west coast and Panama Canal cruises were being booked, DCL did not allow anyone to use any of the onboard discounts.

So, I just called my TA and they told me that they are strongly assuming that the same will hold true for any "special" cruises that the Magic may be sailing next year.

So, there goes my theory of saving a lot on a Med repo cruise! :crazy2: LOL Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else was considering doing this too.

I guess that gives us the incentive to book as soon as they come out, because the California Cruises SKYROCKETED the first day due to popular demand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter