• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To all you die hard HH fans (Tommy, Doc...)

dizneeluvr

Mystery Writer
We are off to HH for the first time this weekend and I am very excited. I've read all of the HH posts over the past few months and feel like I've got somewhat of a grasp on what to expect.

What is your VERY favorite thing about the resort (area) that is a must-see/must-do, can't miss kind of thing.

I've already printed up Tommy's treasure hunt "map" and it is set aside so as to make sure it goes into the suitcases.

Also, I haven't told the kids that Disney owns this resort just so they (DDs 3 & 7) don't picture DISNEY in their minds, but is pin trading done there? Do they do the hidden Mickey thing? Or is it not real Disneyish in that way?

I waited too long to get the skin so soft stuff (don't know an Avon lady:rolleyes: ) so I'm hoping OFF will be sufficient.

Thanks for any last minute pointers, opinions, etc...

BTW, we are staying in a studio if that matters any.

Laura

Dolphin Watching Cruise.

We had fun on that. We just laid low the rest of the time.

The outlet shopping is nothing special.

Have fun.

I would vote for the Dolphin Cruise as a MUST DO thing too. There are several to choose from, and all are fun in their own way. Also an aligator quest was on my list. Several golf courses have resident gators.

There are hidden Mickey's at the check in desk...gives the kids something to do while you do the paperwork. They have pins, but I wouldn't say that Pin Trading is big there. Smores at campfire is a good;) activity too.

A fun cruise on The Welcome is also different that what most people can do at home. It's a sail powered schooner. And you MUST play golf...even if it is putt putt down the street, since everyone will ask you if you played golf while at Hilton Head you won't have to lie.

Have fun is a must too.

Tommy

I would vote also for the dolphin cruise. But.....now that I think about it, our kids (6 and 1) had fun at the beach and pool. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you'll be able to swim. My older son loved the slide. Both kids and dad loved building sand castles at the beach.

This year, our boys will be bringing their rubber boots so that when the tide is out, they can try to catch the little crabs that are all over the marsh area. Our kids had a blast chasing after them.

All the kids, and a lot of adults, enjoyed the crabbing from the pier (blue crabs not the little ones). The kids were excited each and every time someone pulled a crab out of the water.

It's the best family time that we spend together. Laid back adn relaxing. I'm sure you will enjoy it. There are suttle hints of Disney but it's nothing like Disney World. Have a great trip!!

Dolphin Cruise is a must (is there an echo in here?) and there are certainly hidden Mickeys all over the resort. If you take the "Behind the Ears" tour, Gordon will share several.

The kids will also enjoy crabbing and Gyotaku.

Definitely plan to enjoy a walk on the beach.

Have a great trip!!

Can you get a hint sheet regarding the hidden Mickeys at the front desk like they do at VWL???? My girls thought hunting for those via the clues was fun, but the clue sheet was certainly helpful.

The dolphin cruise sounds awesome so that will be a definate. Thanks everyone!

Laura

Hi Laura, just back last weekend after 5 nights at HH ............WOW.........

Anyway definitely a walk on the beach........Fishing and crabbing from the jetty-pier and a sail on the schooner from Shelter Cove Harbour.

Hope you have a great time.............

http://www.schooner.net

jj............;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter