To all who lost their pet

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I am not sure if anyone has posted this poem yet, if so, sorry for repeating it, but I think it is worth posting. This is for anyone who has lost their pet....

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

That was beautiful. Thank You. We lost our dog on 6/19. Our family just hasn't been the same since. We just rescued a snorkie on Sunday. I know it will never replace the one we lost but am hoping it will help the kids. They keep asking how long it would take us to drive to Heaven to visit her

I am not sure if anyone has posted this poem yet, if so, sorry for repeating it, but I think it is worth posting. This is for anyone who has lost their pet....

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Thanks for that. My vet has this posted in all his patient rooms... along with happier thoughts and health info too.

My little sugarcat Gigi (diabetic) was boarded at the vet for our WDW trip a couple months ago. Just two days after picking her up, she stopped eating and I carried her in to get checked. I couldn't even get her to swallow chicken broth or tuna water from a syringe!!

They were astounded, since she had done so well during the week we were gone... she ate well and her sugar was stable with her regular insulin shots. After visits with IVs and blood tests on Wed and Thur, I knew she wasn't coming home with us when I had to take her in again on Fri.

I'm really glad that she didn't go downhill while we were gone, I would have felt bad about being away.

Missing my kitty. And :grouphug: to everyone missing their furbaby.

Thank you. Our beloved little dachshund, "Tink" passed away this evening. She was only 4 yrs. old and a big part of our family. I needed to read this. Thank you.:flower3:

Sorry for your loss. We have had many losses over the years, and it is never easy. There is another listing called "A Dogs Prayer", which our vet has up on the wall, and I have seen on-line. Will try and find it, and post it.

After lossing dh last week his dog JR went last night to be with him. He was very old and we didn't think he would make it through the summer but he hung in there as long as he could.

Sorry for your loss, pets are so special.

After lossing dh last week his dog JR went last night to be with him. He was very old and we didn't think he would make it through the summer but he hung in there as long as he could.

Sorry for your loss, pets are so special.

:hug:I am so sorry for both of your losses:hug:

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. So many people think, "It's just a dog...get over it." But just since Dec. '07, we have buried our oldest son, my grandmother, an aunt, 2 of DH's cousins, 3 neighbors, and 3 good friends. Not to mention 2 of our cats and our precious basset hound (we had to have him "put to sleep" due to brain cancer). I am sick of funerals.

I am so sorry for your losses. My brother died tragically 9 weeks ago and when he was buried we had his "baby" Ling-Ling (12 year old chow) buried with him along with her Ohio State collar :littleangel: we know he was laughing at that.

Thanks for this. We are taking our dog in tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM to be put to sleep. He has cancer and we have held out as long as we can without more suffering for him. :sad:

My heart and prayers go out to you for your brave decision about your beloved pet.

Losing a pet is very hard. We lost our Lab/Chow mix named Jenkins 5 hours ago. He was fine and playful this morning and began throwing up today and died tonight. It is hard on all of us but I feel terrible for our DK's.

Losing a pet is very hard. We lost our Lab/Chow mix named Jenkins 5 hours ago. He was fine and playful this morning and began throwing up today and died tonight. It is hard on all of us but I feel terrible for our DK's.

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our oldest dog on June 19th and it is still hard. It is so hard on the kids. They keep asking if we can drive to Heaven to visit her.

Thank you very much for posting this. I'm away at school, and just found out this morning that my beloved Ginger has passed away. I feel very lucky because I've had her since Kindergarten and am now a senior in College.

:hug:

Thank you for posting this.
My beloved Osita died this past Friday after being hit by a car. We still don't know how she managed to get out of the backyard.

It's been really hard for all us but it must be even harder for my mom, dad and little sister because they have to be at home and not see her. My older sister and I are away at school but still miss her terribly and feel homesick for our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter