To all those who are going late 2009....

carleypoo2

Earning My Ears
I am a little confused as to what many of you do in terms of booking so far out. We are planning to go the second or third week in December. What do most of you do in terms of getting a deal later on? Should I book room only now? Can I apply a package later? Am I able to cancel w/out penalty? Am I am able to cancel just a portion the dates booked? Can I add or change people on my room only reservation later ? Any suggestions would be helpful.Thanks:crazy2:

I am a little confused as to what many of you do in terms of booking so far out. We are planning to go the second or third week in December. What do most of you do in terms of getting a deal later on? Should I book room only now? Can I apply a package later? Am I able to cancel w/out penalty? Am I am able to cancel just a portion the dates booked? Can I add or change people on my room only reservation later ? Any suggestions would be helpful.Thanks:crazy2:

I had a PIN for our dates in December. We have a package deal. If a better deal comes along we can change it.

I know you can add people to the ressie - our DS19 hasn't decided if he is going or not but I was told I could add him later.

you can always change your ressie with a new code or deal. the problem is it may not be offered for your resort or room so you may have to chance

Yes, you may change it. Where will you stay? Our family also planning a trip on December.

Have a nice planning. :)

I booked for DEc 13-18 thru AAA since Jan is AAA's Magical month of disney and that is when they have the best discounts.

I'm already booked for week of Dec.13th

I was going to use AAA, but I got a 40% off code.

You may want to book room only and if something better comes along then see if you can keep the same resort and get the discount.

We also booked using the 40% of for the week of Dec 13th

People think I am nuts to be planning my trip to Disney already...

I love it..

Any deal can be applied to any existing reservation, provided availability. And then, if your resort/dates aren’t available, you can always adjust those.

You may change/cancel without any penalties 45 days prior to check-in with a package, 5 day prior to check –in with a room only reservation. That includes changing dates. If with a package, you are within 45 days of check-in and reducing overall cost there may be some charges from $50-$100, depending. The only thing you may not do is change the lead. Everything else is adjustable, including the other people on the reservation.

You may certainly convert a room only ressie to a package or vice versa. You may have to book one, and then cancel the other. A package reservation will need to be paid in full 45 days in advance; if check-in is sooner than that, payment in full is due at time of booking. In other words, all normal rules apply.

I booked for DEc 13-18 thru AAA since Jan is AAA's Magical month of disney and that is when they have the best discounts.

Hi, Can you tell me were any Dec date "blocked" for the AAA discount? We have AAA, but I have not explored a room only yet. We are looking for holiday dates, I know they may not discount the "holiday" weekend, but if any of the days have a disc (20th - 27th) it would help! Not sure if any days in this range were discounted by Disney. Or will be.

thanks!

I would rather pay rack rate and know I have a room, especially the second week of December when Pop Warner/Mousefest tend to make it very hard to get into a certain resort. If you are planning to go regardless of getting a discount, then you should certainly book your room to hold it. Since a room only reservation required just the one night deposit, it's not really a big deal. However, I would never book a room that I could not afford unless there was a discount. There are many types of folks who book rooms, and unfortunately there are some who book room in hopes of getting a discount on it and if they can't, then they can't afford to stay there. I always advocate, booking what you can afford at full price and if a discount occurs then that is your opportunity to either stay put and save money or upgrade to a better resort for the same price. Keep in mind that there were some 40% discounts released for December and there were some blackout dates. Keep an eye on those blackout dates, because historically those would be the dates that the resort reach capacity and are seldom any discounts. I believe the blackouts start December 6 through December 12. We managed a 40% discount for December 4th and 5th. Then we booked with our DVC points for the other days we needed.

Hello all. I am brand new to the DIS Boards and new to the Disney planning thing. The last time I was at Disney was over 20 years ago. Now I am planning a trip with my wife and 3 year old daughter (she just have turned 4 when we go). So as you guessed for her birthday we are going to take her to the "real Cinderella castle." We are going to be there Dec. 13-18 to cover her birthday and mine. I was reading about this December 40% discount and wondering where this is located and how you received it? Also any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hello all. I am brand new to the DIS Boards and new to the Disney planning thing. The last time I was at Disney was over 20 years ago. Now I am planning a trip with my wife and 3 year old daughter (she just have turned 4 when we go). So as you guessed for her birthday we are going to take her to the "real Cinderella castle." We are going to be there Dec. 13-18 to cover her birthday and mine. I was reading about this December 40% discount and wondering where this is located and how you received it? Also any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Welcome to the DisBoards! :welcome:

The 40% off folks are talking about came from emails or postcards sent :snail: mail from Disney. They have PIN codes on them that give 40% off room rates for certain dates throughout the year.
I bet I know what your next question is...;) How to 'get' one of these PIN codes is a great mystery. No one really knows. It seems to be completely random.
HTH:goodvibes

Hello and thanks for the information. For the past few days this site has been very helpful. I will keep checking back.

Hi

I was hoping to find a frequent disney traveller to run our holiday past.
We are visiting WDW in December this year for the first time for our honeymoon :cool1: and I was wondering if I could run a quote by a frequent visitor to see if it was ok? as I have no idea :confused3 if the rates we have been offered are good or if we should wait a while and see if a better deal comes out.

We have 6 Nights X Contemporary Concierge level MK Room + 7 nights at wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Room without the MK view = $6925.16

This does not include a dining plan it's just rooms but as both are concierge level we didn't think we would need a dining plan as neither of us are big eaters :scratchin
Do these rates look ok or should we wait a while?

Nessa, i would not neccessairly wait as these rooms may not be available for long. WL i believe only has 4 honeymoon rooms so i would book the rooms that you want. If you can afford it go for it. Congrats on your up coming wedding too. :)

I would go ahead and book it as well. It only costs $200 to hold your reservation and it gives you all year to change.

Keta123, Try signing up for the WDW dvd vacation planner on the Disney website and give them your e-mail adress. This MIGHT get you a pin code via e-mail from Disney Destinations.

We also booked using the 40% of for the week of Dec 13th

People think I am nuts to be planning my trip to Disney already...

I love it..

I get that all the time.They just can't appreciate all the intricate details involved to ensure that you get to see as much, do as much, and eat as much as possible......at a great price!!

I get that all the time.They just can't appreciate all the intricate details involved to ensure that you get to see as much, do as much, and eat as much as possible......at a great price!!

You are exactly right... My meals are plannedaccording to where we will be so I am not running all over and waisting precious time...
Thank goodness everyone here understand what goes in to a great Disney trip .... PLANNING in advance!!!pixiedust:
Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter