To all real housewives nj fans

sasywtch

DIS Veteran
People are getting fed up with the producers not showing things in order and then having the hw's lie during their talking head shots. There is a mass twitter,facebook going tonight at 11pm EST to Andy. The message boards at Bravo are hoping to have as many fans ask Andy as they can get.

Here's the question everyone is going to ask Andy on Twitter and Faceook:

The events that are being shown are not in chronological order.

Did Bravo create this "story line" to manipulate the audience?

For those who do not know, one example:
The Faballini party was a month AFTER tonight's episode was filmed (the fashion show/Melissa is a stripper comment). Yet, they show the Faballini party and show Melissa lying saying she was babysitting for the party.

Here is the correct schedule:
Napa July
kid spa day-July
Fashion show -August or Sept
Taping of last years reunion the day after the fashion show hence why Jacqueline did not show up-August or Sept
Faballini party October

The way they showed it is Faballini party with Melissa saying she was babysitting for Teresa for the party when in fact, they were not speaking at this time. The babysitting/kid spa was in July. The Faballini party was in October.

It's totally up to anyone here if you wish to. I'm not going to do it but just passing along the information to those who wish to join in. Some are tried of the producers playing them for a fool when it's obvious when the timeline actually is.

I enjoy all these train wreck shows but really people need to get a life. Of course things are manipulated and drama staged when it needs to be to help ratings.

I would say that since it's a "reality" TV show that the plot, time line, dialogue, etc. is absolutely manipulated to show what the producers want to show for whatever reason. I wouldn't expect for a second that the things shown are in any way real.

. Of course things are manipulated and drama staged when it needs to be to help ratings.

I agree....of course they are manipulated, edited and set up...I am shocked people really don't get that and would actually get all up in arms about it. Do people think what they are watching is true, unedited reality?

Not that I care and I can't believe you are upset and thought they showed things in the right order, but how did they doctor the arrival of Hurricane Irene, which was most definitely in late August because I lived through it, to be at the start of the Napa trip if the trip was in July?

OP-seriously if anyone is Upset over this , they need to
Get a life instead of watching a fake one on Bravo:rotfl2:

They are all fake fake fake;)

It's "tv reality", not real life. I know they are manipulating things for ratings. If they didn't, the show would be boring.

Out of curiosity I searched twitter to see how many times "Did Bravo create this "story line" to manipulate the audience? " was tweeted to BravoAndy. There were 17 tweets over the course of 5 hours. 3 were from the same person.

My dd is a videographer and like she always says, "The film editor determines what you know and how you feel."

I think you need to watch this "reality" shows knowing that "reality" is a misnomer. They use some "real" people (i.e. non-actors), but manipulate reality to make the show interesting to watch. It's not like these people were going to Napa and just happened to invite the cameras along. Bravo set up the trip and they had at least a general outline of what was going to happen there.

With RH shows, it's just like watching American Idol or Project Runway -- you have to keep in mind that you're being manipulated with editing. Yes, there is some realness happening, but any decent film editor can twist a clip to make it seem like anything they want it to seem.

With AI, the judges only see about 100 people at each location, MONTHS after the original cattle call with thousands in a stadium. The producers cast the show in 2-3 different rounds looking for people to fill particular slots -- country, urban, rock, acoustic, etc. The judges then are working with the producers to cast those slots all the way through to the voting rounds. As a contestant, you therefore have to be smart about how you present yourself all through the process and figure out how to put yourself in the niche that needs contestants. You can be the best country singer ever, for example, but if the producers have already cast the country singers, you won't get through to the judges' table. You are also well served if you have a sob story. The producers then film and edit the show to further the plotline they want. In Season 8, the producers' storyline was the "bad" boy (Adam Lambert) against the god-fearing young widower "good" boy (Danny Gokey) and in fact, that season's coronation song was written FOR Gokey's voice.

With Project Runway, for example, Tim Gunn and others have commented on the editing that serves "create" villains and drama or to hide how nasty some contestants are. All in service of the season's arc or plotline.

Some "reality" shows use a lot of actors and totally fabricated storylines -- like Simmons Family Jewels and the Osbourne show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter