to adr or not

Freqflyer

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever done WDW without making adrs. We ended up doing this last year on our trip due to a medical emergency we lost track of time and ended up going on the trip :banana: We were able to eat at every restaurant we walked up to with the exception of Donalds breakfast at AK. We just booke are trip for the beginnning of August and are debating making adrs or just giving it are best shot again.

Last May we went and were unable to get any ressies except Biergarten .......this was eleven days . We still had some awesome meals at different resorts and food courts. If that is the way you want to go to Disney then I say go for it. This last trip a few weeks ago we had four ressies for our seven day trip and still enjoyed food courts and other counter service restaurants

We were in WDW last June (starting 6/1) for 10 days. I had an ADR every night for dinner. We saw oodles and oodles of people getting turned away 'cause there were no walk-ins. If you have your heart set on a certain restaurants, I would make an ADR.

i was debating the same thing - sometimes it's hard to decide what mood you're gonna be in for what type of food you want any particular day - you could get there and have ADRs for one place and then that day comes and you're totally not in the mood for it. but then again, if you don't make the ADRs there's that chance that you won't be able to eat someplace you want to eat. this happened to us before - i wanted to eat at alfredo's in italy and when we went there we were turned away because they were completely booked. so this year, we're just gonna have the ADRs made and like it or not, we're eating it!!! :lmao:

Yes, I would try to make some ADR's. You can always cancel them the day of if your plans change.

This is how I plan, I decide which parks I am going to on which days, then I see where I will need an ADR. So, for example, I am going to MK on Sunday for Little Ones EMH at 8am, so I will be ready for a nice sit-down lunch by 11:30am, so I will make one at Crystal Palace. OR I will be at MGM on Saturday night for Fantasmic as our last night at WDW, so I will make ADR for 50's Prime Time Cafe (with my mom) at 5:10pm so I can get to Fantasmic on time, and have dessert there. I only have 4 ADR's for eight days. We will be at our hotel a few times at dinner time, before going back into the parks.

Anyway, that is how I plan things out. Happy planning!

Oh, and also, if you are going during free dining, definately make some ADR's!

We were there in March(3-10) they were turning people away, execpt for Nine Dragons one day for lunch. I always make an ADR even if it's only a day early or the same day.

We went this past Thanksgiving (Nov. 20-28th) with no ADRs except a character breakfast (H&V). We had trouble getting into pretty much anyplace for lunch or dinner and ended up many times at the counter service and off property. Won't ever make THAT mistake again....have made all our ADRs for our Halloween trip already. I suggest making some to the places you want or would like to eat at, and if you change your mind, you can always cancel them! :)

We just got back from WDW last week and made no ADR's except for V&A's. It was just DH and I so here is where we ate: Raglan Road for dinner (sat at the bar), House of Blues for dinner (sat at the bar), Trails End for lunch ( just walked in) and V&A's (we booked that a few months out).

I would make a few ADRs just to be on the safe side, if you change your mind you can always cancel. I know that it is becoming very hard to get into some places and you don't want to get turned away from a place you really have your heart set on. If you call you may just get Donald's this time around! :wizard:

On our last trip we did not make ADR. Never again. We had to eat at Pinocchio's...yuck. I have never had so many french fries in my life as that trip.I say make the ressies you can always cancel them.

I like to make ADRs just because if I don't, then there will be that chance that we would be turned away. I especially make the ADRs for the character meals because those are much harder to get into as a walk-up than the other CS restaurants. We are going in June so once I booked my resort, I immediately started planning on which restaurant we wanted to eat at and when, then started calling the very next day. I made my last ADR this afternoon because we decided to do a surprise character meal right before we leave...kindof a last Disney Hoorah.

Last December my family and I made 0 ADR's and guess what we did not go hungry. Some nights we went to the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney, Earl of Sandwich, counter service locations in the Resorts and other nights went to some restaurants off site.

It is just a matter of whether or not you want to have your pick of restaurants and your pick of dining times. If you're willing to accept what's left-over then ADRs aren't essential. You could find yourself shipping-off to one of the more remote resorts for dinner, but some of them are kinda neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter