• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To add a day, or not a add a day.....

klinlin

Mom to the T N T boys!
We are booked from 11/27-12/2 at WL. (Sunday - Friday) Now I'm thinking we can leave 11/26. I'm wondering if it would be worth it though. Will the parks be too crowded because of the holiday? Will I not get the bunk beds I requested? DH insists on coming home Friday so he can rest up from his vacation and be ready for work on Monday :rotfl:

I was planning on making my decision today when I booked our flight, but SW has not released the dates. But that is another thread altogether!

Any day at Disney is a good day! If you can stay an extra day, Go for it!!! Even if you don't go to a park....You are at Disney!

And Where are those Southewest Airfares???? I think I had to wait until October to book my February flight!

FYI, SW will not release the october dates until August.

magicmato said:
FYI, SW will not release the october dates until August.
The rates were released for a few moments this morning before computer problem. I spoke to 2 people at SW today. Both said if not tonight then tomorrow am.

If money's not a problem then I'd take the extra day. Even if you don't hit the parks WL is a GREAT resort to just relax for the day! Eat at Whispering Canyon, enjoy the pool/hot tub, walk over to FW, watch the Electrical Water Pageant, boat over and ride the monorail loops, take a sleigh ride or carriage ride...whatever! There are a million things to do outside the parks!

Oh why not?! Go for it! Have yourself an extra "magical" day at Disney!!

It was cheaper to fly Saturday 11/26 than 11/27, so that sealed it for us! Now I have to call CRO and try to add the day! :cool1:

If you can, an extra day would always be wonderful :earsgirl:

Just to let you know. Last year we went up the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which is the day you are thinking of adding. MK was packed around 5 pm but the line for Stitch was only about 15 min wait (we had been waiting a yr for this to open so we were there) but everything else was about 45-60mins. We decided to head to the hotel for dinner. At about 9pm it rained for about 30 mins so we decided to walk to MK, it had emptied out and they were going to be open til midnight. I say if you decided to go to MK don't be after to go back later, remember most people are leaving Sunday to return home and won't be staying out late. We loved it!

Is that really even a choice?!!! :cool1: I would never pass up an extra day at WDW if I could swing it. Have a great time. BTW, better get on that phone quick to secure a room for that Saturday night.

I'd suggest you get the flight info first. Holidays can really impact airfares.

In our case, it was cheaper to add a day on the end. Flying home on Coloumbus Day would have cost us $100 more per person. (five of us) When the extra night at POR was only about $135, PLUS it got us another day's worth of free dining each, it was a no-brainer to come home a day later instead.

kidangel said:
I'd suggest you get the flight info first. Holidays can really impact airfares.

That's exactly what I did! I was able to get cheaper flight on Saturday versus Sunday, so I called CRO this morning and added 11/26! :cool1:

Its my aim in life to always add another Disney day! :earsboy: As long as you can get the airline tix and the resort ressie, GO FOR IT!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter